The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vice President Dick Cheney – A great American

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Perhaps you've also noticed that I don't address most of the buffonery you type. It would be a full-time job trying to keep up with all the erroneous information you spew out; much less trying to rebut your soup sandwich (as in "f'ed up like a..."), half-baked opinions that revolve around your half-baked facts. You're like a Cliff Clavin version of a Chatty Cathy doll that pulls its own string over and over and over and...
    Right back at ya big boy.

You're what's wrong with politics in this country today. "My way or character smears and diversions"

But hey, it worked for 8 years!

You weren't even a part of this discussion between two people who can have civil debate, you just took your school--boy attitude opportunity to attack because you can't have a mature discussion.

Feel free to delete or ignore me from now on....then it will be a mutual relationship.

Before I stoop much lower and reach your levels, I'm outta this one!
    Last edited by dnf777; 10-25-2009 at 10:41 AM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Bush was indeed a puppet so there is nothing wrong with calling him a puppet.
    Most polititians serve themselves and the people who send them the most money.

I see nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade.
    If politians didnt affect american lives then it wouldnt be no big deal.
    There is no doubt in my mind that most are liars,spinners and treasonist bastards,,
    But because they wear a 3 piece suit and smile in front of the camera we think they are so wonderful and would never intentionally screw the people who put them where they are. Its all a fun filled exciting global game they play.
    Few have the character to do the right thing,and they cover their intent by blaming things on others politicians. And most do this.its a massive web.
    So I have no shame in calling them exactly what they are. I dont care how much they smile and appear in front of the camera.

These people lack integraty and character and are easily swayed by lobbiests.

There is only one reason people spends hundreds of millions of dollars to obtain a 4 year job which pays only a few hundred thousand a year.
    They desire prestige and power.

I can guantee they have no idea whats good for us. They have played this game so long they have forgotten why they do what they do.
    Its not name calling if its true. Its just a discriptive way of defining what you see.

Pete
    Very nicely said!!!!!!!

Martin
    "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still!" Les Brown

Poor is an attitude, broke is a temporary situation!

GO HOGS!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Mr Cheney would have been a far better POTUS than that marxist Osama, its a shame he didn't run for the office.
    republicans lost the election bad enough as it was, did you want to see them go down in a landslide with cheney as a candidate?

When all is said and done and history looks back on VP Cheney, the consensus is that this one individual has done more harm than any VP in history. This guy has been wrong on almost every issue he has weighed into. Why does anyone even listen to him anymore?
    From declaring We will be seen as liberators in Iraq(Sept 14 2003), or "Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction. There is no doubt he is amassing them to use against our friends, against our allies, and against us." (August 26 2002) or ''I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency."(June 1 2005,) or my favorite Waterboarding is just a dunk in the water (Oct 29 2006)he has proven time and time again that he has no forsight into any future event and his worldview is narrow and based on fantasy.
    If a persons worth and character is based on his actions instead of his rhetoric, which it should, then this guy in my opinion is a complete failure. His tough guy talk on war does not sync well with his attempts at numerous deferments during the Vietnam war and his many proclamations of future events have been proven wrong to many times to mention This is not someone I respect or trust.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Right back at ya big boy.

You're what's wrong with politics in this country today. "My way or character smears and diversions"

But hey, it worked for 8 years!

You weren't even a part of this discussion between two people who can have civil debate, you just took your school--boy attitude opportunity to attack because you can't have a mature discussion.

Feel free to delete or ignore me from now on....then it will be a mutual relationship.

You just did everything you whined about. Nice

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    You just did everything you whined about. Nice
    I know. And I apologize for that. That's why I'm outta this discussion, except to apologize for stooping to those same levels.

Too nice of a day in Western Pa to stare at a computer screen anyway!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Famous Last Words:

So we should probably just agree to disagree on this one.
    On to better discussions,
    dave
    That's why I'm outta this discussion, except to apologize for stooping to those same levels.
    And all these empty protestations are from ONE thread! Maybe that should be, dnf777 Has to Have the Last Word.

That's one way of looking at it Julie. The other is what I'm doing, and that is having a good laugh seeing people like you goaded into replying on something you weren't even involved with! I love seeing people resort to personal attacks and smearing, because that means they have NOTHING to add to a meaningful discussion, and they're basically "licked". That's why I *try* not to do the same, even when it would be so easy. Next time, choose a more reputable man to defend than Mr. Cheney, then you may have some merit to your arguments and won't need to resort to getting personal!

There. I fell into your cute little trap of the "last word" again! (I used to do that in grade school too!) Enjoy.

Well Dave, I'm pretty sure you and I would have to agree to disagree on Cheney, and I doubt anything I said or posted would make you change your mind. Like I do on many threads on RTF, I just read it and noted who said what. And noticed you said you were done with the thread and then posted again. No less than 5 times! Might be a new record even for you, Dave. No character smear intended, my apologies if you got that out of my observation. I certainly didn't characterize any discussion or participant input as meaningless; I didn't smear anyone nor did I think I was being goaded.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Vice President Dick Cheney – A great American

Did he say the current President is dithering?

Have a listen about 12:45 in.

BTW lefties, here is an opportunity to hear what the man says instead of sound bites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URXg53pqpHw
    U.S. tested 2 Afghan scenarios in war game

Obama and advisers evaluating exercise that used different troop levels

The Pentagon's top military officer oversaw a secret war game this month to evaluate the two primary military options that have been put forward by the Pentagon and are being weighed by the Obama administration as part of a broad-based review of the faltering Afghanistan war, senior military officials said.
    The exercise, led by Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, examined the likely outcome of inserting 44,000 more troops into the country to conduct a full-scale counterinsurgency effort aimed at building a stable Afghan government that can control most of the country. It also examined adding 10,000 to 15,000 more soldiers and Marines as part of an approach that the military has dubbed "counterterrorism plus."
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33476278...shington_post/

Perhaps if Bush & Cheney had done more planning we may not be stuck in 2 wars for the last 7 years that are unwinable.