The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About time!

Default About time!

Hopefully the Birthers are in their "last throes" with this dismissal! Of all the legit issues to call Obama out on, this really was silly and counterproductive to conservative momentum. Maybe now the opposition party can move forward with real, constructive, shaping of policy. It's hard to be taken seriously when you let kooks run the shop!

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...-be-president/

Born in the USA regards
    Dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

I hope not, it would be a great way to boot the messiah out of office early. If he was really born in America why is he afraid to produce the certification??????????????
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

According to a couple of talking heads today it wouldnt matter if he was a citizen or not because he got the majority vote

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    According to a couple of talking heads today it wouldnt matter if he was a citizen or not because he got the majority vote

Pete
    I think a little thing called the Constitution might say that his citizenship (or lack of) would matter.
    ________
    Airsoft Pistols
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I think a little thing called the Constitution might say that his citizenship (or lack of) would matter.
    Yawn...well since no case has been made...is it time to let it go? Or, would you prefer to make the conservative/republican movement continue to look silly?

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Hopefully the Birthers are in their "last throes" with this dismissal! The dismissal was because the court didn't have jurisdiction; not because proof of his citizenship was established by the court. I suspect to those who doubt his citizenship the ruling doesn't mean squat. Of all the legit issues to call Obama out on, this really was silly and counterproductive to conservative momentum. Maybe now the opposition party can move forward with real, constructive, shaping of policy. Name a few Repbulican leaders or conservative writers/leaders who put any stock in the birther movement. You can't because they don't. Tying birthers to conservatism or Republicans is as silly as linking 911 Truthers to Democrats/Liberals. It's hard to be taken seriously when you let kooks run the shop!
    Last edited by Hew; 10-30-2009 at 03:54 AM.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Name a few Repbulican leaders or conservative writers/leaders who put any stock in the birther movement. You can't because they don't. Tying birthers to conservatism or Republicans is as silly as linking 911 Truthers to Democrats/Liberals."

So are you throwing these kooks under the bus? I hope so.
    BTW, I said this was counterproductive to the conservative movement...not that it represented mainstream republican ideals. IMHO, Michael Steele, and other annointed leaders of mainstream conservatism SHOULD do as you imply, and point out that these are fringe elements that DONT represent the republican party.
    And by "letting kooks run the shop", I'm referring to the sum total of air time that varioius elements of the republican party have gained. I'm sure the MSM will get blamed, and that may be valid, but I'd figure a way to keep those idiots off the air. It ain't helping 2010 or 2012!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    So are you throwing these kooks under the bus? I hope so.
    BTW, I said this was counterproductive to the conservative movement...not that it represented mainstream republican ideals. You said, "Maybe now the opposition party can move forward with real, constructive, shaping of policy." Sounded to me like you were saying the Republican Party was so invested in Birtherism that it was doing anything else. IMHO, Michael Steele, and other annointed leaders of mainstream conservatism SHOULD do as you imply, and point out that these are fringe elements that DONT represent the republican party. Why should he do that? Did Howard Dean point out that Truthers don't represent Democrats?
    And by "letting kooks run the shop", I'm referring to the sum total of air time that varioius elements of the republican party have gained. OK, you're still implying that the Birther movement is some element/component of the GOP. Can you name any prominent GOP politician/policy maker (you know, someone high up the food chain...a "kook who runs the shop" if you will) who is involved in spreading the word that Obama isn't a citizen? If anything, the Birthers are pissed at the GOP because they have run from addressing the Birther's issues.
    //////////////
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Yawn...well since no case has been made...is it time to let it go? Or, would you prefer to make the conservative/republican movement continue to look silly?

JD
    Yawn... I love it when a lib can't read and takes an opportunity to (incorrectly) be a smartass. Would you like to continue to make liberals look silly, or would you like to stop making incorrect inferences while ignoring context clues that point directly to something else just to attempt prove a point?

If you will re read the post that I quoted, apparently there are some who said that even if he wasn't a citizen, it wouldn't matter due to the fact that he got the majority of the vote.

I clearly did not say that I think it should continue. Think what you want. Although, you do have to admit it is strange when someone who has 'nothing to hide' won't prove that they have nothing to hide. Kinda like pleading the fifth...
    ________
    Colorado medical marijuana
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Can you name any prominent GOP politician/policy maker (you know, someone high up the food chain...a "kook who runs the shop" if you will) who is involved in spreading the word that Obama isn't a citizen?

He is probably referring to WND, Rush and Beck. After all, they do 'run the shop' according to all the liberals...
    ________
    Home made vaporizer
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 06:24 PM.