The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Michelle Obama elitist?

Red State vs Blue State- which ones are better off financially.

If blue states are full of libs and run by libs how do they compare to the red states.

I know CA is broke any others?

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Red State vs Blue State- which ones are better off financially.

If blue states are full of libs and run by libs how do they compare to the red states.

I know CA is broke any others?
    It depends on how you measure "better off". If you base it on median income, the median income for the 19 "red" states is $63,027 in 2009 and the median income for the 20 "blue" states is $76,510 in 2009. (See http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ocs/.../SMI75FY09.pdf for income information and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_states_and_blue_states for the definition of red and blue states.). The remaining states are generally classified as "purple".

hey ,,quit high jacking this thread
    I thought it was about gay guys lookin for easter eggs .

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    hey ,,quit high jacking this thread
    I thought it was about gay guys lookin for easter eggs .

Pete
    Gay guys, High-jackin' easter eggs. Pete...yer a hoot.

(thread now back on track)

Elitist, not pernicious regards,

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

No,

I wanted to know which states are showing deficits like our feds. Are the blue or the red states more likely to be going broke.

I really could not care less about the median income. I know folks in CA make more then me in AZ but their cost of living is a lot higher.

Which states are going broke?
    Last edited by code3retrievers; 10-31-2009 at 09:38 AM.

No,

I wanted to know which states are showing deficits like our feds. Are the blue or the red states more likely to be going broke.

I really could not care less about the median income. I know CA make more then me in AZ but their cost of living is a lot higher.

Which states are going broke?
    So... tell us c3r. Enquiring minds want to know.

You have questions. Do you have the answers? Opinions?

Jess' curious regards, ya know. What states do you think are goin' broke?

...and why? Cause they are blue or red? Pretty simplistic, Eh?

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    So... tell us c3r. Enquiring minds want to know.

You have questions. Do you have the answers? Opinions?

Jess' curious regards, ya know. What states do you think are goin' broke?

...and why? Cause they are blue or red? Pretty simplistic, Eh?

JD
    JDog-

Last I checked this was a discussion board. I offer my opinions often but let me explain to you how discussions work since you seem to have trouble understanding.

First- someone throws out a topic, then you respond. If you do not understand this concept, then I suggest you may want to do a little more research.

As far as what states are going broke, I would bet the Blue (liberal) are the ones in the deepest financial trouble due to their over spending.

Examples-CA, NJ, MA or how about I just list the East coast and West coast states.

Maybe even you can see a pattern. Liberals come up with programs they can't pay for and then expect us to foot the bill, just like your leader and congress are doing right now. Where do you think they came up with the term "tax and spend liberal"?

Do I have solutions. You bet! Vote your liberal friends out and get government back to the basics. Is it simplistic? Absolutely! Most good solutions are. OK now since you do not seem to know how this discussion thing works, it's your turn to offer opinions and solutions if you have some.

Only 366 more days until the next election!

"You can't fix stupid"
    Last edited by code3retrievers; 10-31-2009 at 10:45 AM.

JDog-

Last I checked this was a discussion board. I offer my opinions often but let me explain to you how discussions work since you seem to have trouble understanding.

First- someone throws out a topic, then you respond. If you do not understand this concept, then I suggest you may want to do a little more research.

As far as what states are going broke, I would bet the Red (liberal) are the ones in the deepest financial trouble due to their over spending.

Examples-CA, NJ, MA or how about I just list the East coast and West coast states.
    Just as an aside, the "Red" states are the conservative ones.

California and NJ are both in trouble now because of Republican state leaders that adopted the traditional Republican approach to government -- spend big while cutting taxes; borrow money to close the gap. In NJ, the responsible culprit was Christie Whitmen who became one of the most popular governors by cutting taxes while running up billions in debt in a state that, until then, had been essentially debt free. She left the state in financial ruin. The same is true with Republican Gov. Arnie in California. He took over a state facing a perpetual gap in its budget because of voter referenda that capped taxes while mandating increased government spending (primarily for education and prisons). He immediately cut taxes and ran up tens of billions in debt. Unlike Whitman, he wasn't smart enough to get out before the bills came due and is now left holding the bag that he filled with $h*t. Having said that, however, you are absolutely correct that blue and purple states are more likely to be facing government deficits now than red states and that there deficits are higher on a per capita basis. (See http://symbionews.com/thetakeaway/st...cits-2009.html)
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 10-31-2009 at 10:30 AM.

, I would bet the Red (liberal) are the ones in the deepest financial trouble due to their over spending.
    I thought the blue states were the liberal ones? What do I know? I can't even figure out how use an internet forum

Jeff,

Thanks for the correcting my previous post. I have corrected it above.

I don't think you can have it both ways. You blame the current problems on Arnold which we know is not a conservative when he walked into a financial mess from Grey Davis and the liberal legislature, but you blame current NJ problems on Whitman when when she left office in 2008. NJ has had 7 years to fix the problems.

I don't expect Obama to fix everything in 1 year but if he has 8 years, I expect some progress.

This is the issue. No body, both Republicans and Dems want to fix any problems. Every one wants to blame the other party and can not honestly critique their own. They continue to pile on debt and spend like there is no tomorrow. ( You can't do both)

I will be the first to say any Republican that does not want to control spending should be thrown out. I would be happy to give up tax cuts for a little financial responsibility.

AZ is also in a mess. We are a Red state that had a Dem for a Governor and a Republican legislature. They increased spending much in the same way CA has with no increase in long term revenue and now we are not far from CA's mess.

Jdog- I would expect nothing less from you then a stupid comment. See, you still don't get how this discussion thing works. Now how about you try and jump in on a discussion somewhere.