The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Michelle Obama elitist?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Halstead View Post
    The Democrats, Obama, wanted to spread the wealth around. From each according to his ability, to each according to his need (or needs) is a slogan popularized by Karl Marx in his 1875 Critique of the Gotha Program.
    Please Richard, Show me where and when Democrats and Obama have espoused this Marxist paradigm as you quote. When you do, I will defer to your interpretation. Until then regards, JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I am not Jeff. I am not Joe S. I am not Buzz.

Again I ask you, was your opening thread starter intended to start a discussion, or was it merely a political jab?
    Please this time, answer the question?

JD
    Jdog try and not get your panties in a wad. Was my thread starter a jab? Absoulutely.

Did it start a discussion? Yes!

Do I still think 22 some staffers for a first lady (Democrat or Republican) is too many? Heavens yes. Remember Obama said he would change the way things are done in Washington.

Here is a little cut and paste for you.

"The combined annual salaries for the 22 staffers we can specifically identify as working for Michelle Obama come to $1.6 million. For the 18 we could identify as working for Laura Bush in 2008, the total is $1.4 million.

Dr. Myra Gutin, a professor of communications at Rider University and a first ladies historian, says that the first lady’s role has certainly "grown and evolved" since the 1960s, but generally speaking, the first lady’s "staff numbers about 14-16." Gutin told us she recalled "some first ladies have had staffs of more than that.""

So the average has been 14-16 and she has around 22 sounds like a slight increase.

Did I learn something from what others had to say? Sure.

Have I grown bored with your drivel? Yep!

Enough said.
    Last edited by code3retrievers; 11-02-2009 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Let's see, Gates has donated billions (almost $10 billion) for charitable projects through the Gates Foundation, Soros has contributed hundreds of millions per year (average of $300-500 million) through his own Foundation (providing scholarships), through various international poverty relief foundations, etc. Soro's personal objective has actually been to give more in philanthropy than the Ford Foundation.
    Ummm.....Let's take a closer look at just WHERE their money goes. Most of it outside the U.S. to the ever-multiplying masses of the downtrodden south of the equator. Global pimps....

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Ummm.....Let's take a closer look at just WHERE their money goes. Most of it outside the U.S. to the ever-multiplying masses of the downtrodden south of the equator. Global pimps....
    You are right about a large percentage going to people outside the US. You are wrong in assuming that means south of the equator. Over $1 billion of Soros' money went to Russia, trying to fund the development of capitalism and to relieve some of the economic dislocations following the collapse of the Soviet Union. In the US he has provided hundreds of millions in scholarships. Gates has provided funds throughout the world, just as he made his money throughout the world, with massive donations in the US, in Asia, in Africa, and in Latin America. Somehow, the same global vision that allows people to become billionaires in a global economy seems to help them retain a global vision on how to invest their profits in charitable endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Jdog try and not get your panties in a wad. Was my thread starter a jab? Absoulutely.

Did it start a discussion? Yes!

Do I still think 22 some staffers for a first lady (Democrat or Republican) is too many? Heavens yes. Remember Obama said he would change the way things are done in Washington.

Here is a little cut and paste for you.

"The combined annual salaries for the 22 staffers we can specifically identify as working for Michelle Obama come to $1.6 million. For the 18 we could identify as working for Laura Bush in 2008, the total is $1.4 million.

Dr. Myra Gutin, a professor of communications at Rider University and a first ladies historian, says that the first lady’s role has certainly "grown and evolved" since the 1960s, but generally speaking, the first lady’s "staff numbers about 14-16." Gutin told us she recalled "some first ladies have had staffs of more than that.""

So the average has been 14-16 and she has around 22 sounds like a slight increase.

Did I learn something from what others had to say? Sure.

Have I grown bored with your drivel? Yep!

Enough said.
    There's an ignore list. Feel free to utilize it. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

That's the most sensible thing I have ever heard from you...

I believe I answered all of your brilliant questions and that is your next response?

Hit the ignore button and miss all the great discussions you are involved in? No way! I am just bored with your drivel on this thread.

Please Richard, Show me where and when Democrats and Obama have espoused this Marxist paradigm as you quote. When you do, I will defer to your interpretation. Until then regards, JD

You can see the intent when Obama "Just wants to spread the wealth around"....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ilwk_wmsQk&feature=fvw
    Last edited by Richard Halstead; 11-02-2009 at 04:47 PM.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Halstead View Post
    You can see the intent when Obama "Just wants to spread the wealth around"....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ilwk_wmsQk&feature=fvw
    Thanks Richard, Obama did indeed utter the dreaded words "spread the wealth around" in his exchange with 'Joe the plumber'. While not hardly the Marx and Engels paradigm " of from each according to his means, to each according to his needs" I stand corrected and will now throw my support behind the republican party and all its candidates, local and national.
    I have been duped once again, by the evil democrat machine. Please though, reassure me that I will not fall victim to the oligarchy of the right, as I have fallen victim to the oligarchy of the left, (per UB's dire warnings)once again.
    Now please, in the interests of c3r's ungainly interest in civil discourse, please explain to me the difference between the right and the left as they are expressed on this board?
    There is a 'right'and a 'wrong' operating here, as I take it...,
    Or, are we all just spear carriers in some one else's play?
    JD

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    That's the most sensible thing I have ever heard from you...
    Please, go for it. Taken to its epitomy you'll never have to read anything disagreeing again, ever. JD