The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GRHRCH/MH trainer in GA/NC/SC

Default GRHRCH/MH trainer in GA/NC/SC

I saw a thread about pros in the GA/NC/SC area but I was wondering if any of them focus on HRCH Grands rather then FT. By that I mean, not just a HT pro that focus on local HRC events and getting HRCH titles, but some one who goes to the Grand on a regular basis and has success getting dogs Grand titles. I am looking within 8 hours of Atlanta.

I have a young dog (10 months) that was with HT pro and has done all his yard work, Ts, swim buy...ect.. now I am looking for someone to work with over the next few years to get him from transition (seasoned) to the grand.

However, one though was to put him with a Field Trial trainer for the winter to get him tons of marks. FT pros seem to do more marking work where he is lacking some (the HT pro did great work with him but not as much marking work as I would like to see). But then I need to get him to someone who focuses on grand work.

Any thoughts?

Look at the pros that finished the last grand, there a lot in your area.
    Margo Ellis

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
    ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

In All Thy Ways Acknowledge Him And He Shall Direct Thy Paths. Proverbs 3:6

Try Ronnie Lee in Louisville, MS. Phone is 662-736-2400, very solid in his training and generally passes 5-6 dogs a Grand.
    HRCH UH Wolf Creek's Ebonstar Coach "Coach" MH
    HRCH UH Wolf Creek's Candlewood Victory "Tory" MH

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley

Do you listen to God as well as your dog listens to you? Can God run "Blinds" with you?

www.trinityoaklabs.com

Charles Jurney in NC. www.finisheddog.com

Jerry Day knows how to play all the games, AKC H.T. and F.T., HRC and SRS, and he can train a dog, too. Plus it would be worth the training fee just to be around he and Miss Jean. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting a reference or two from folks on this board.
    Understatement regards,
    Becky
    Don't bother to just be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
    William Faulkner

Scott Baldwin in Madison Ga. is very good also.
    I believe Jerry is concentrating on young dogs. He is excellent at what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Mills View Post
    Plus it would be worth the training fee just to be around he and Miss Jean. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting a reference or two from folks on this board.
    Understatement regards,
    Becky

Amen to the training fee fringe benefits! They are both wonderful people! If you put your dog with Jerry, then expect to be welcome anytime at their place and also encouraged to visit as often as you can and help throw marks. The added benefit in turn is that you will also meet and get to know some other fine folks that are also clients that are there quite often. I do agree with Mike Perry as right now most of us with Jerry have young dogs, but please don't let me speak out of turn as I'm just a "started" owner myself! Of course the best way to get the scoop is to give Jerry a call. He is also one of the hardest working men I've ever met!
    Last edited by wdsk; 10-30-2009 at 08:59 PM.
    " A dawg is a Southern man's best friend." - Lewis Grizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Perry View Post
    Scott Baldwin in Madison Ga. is very good also.
    I believe Jerry is concentrating on young dogs. He is excellent at what he does.
    Scott is another great trainer, super nice guy to talk to as well
    HRCH UH Wolf Creek's Ebonstar Coach "Coach" MH
    HRCH UH Wolf Creek's Candlewood Victory "Tory" MH

Do you listen to God as well as your dog listens to you? Can God run "Blinds" with you?

www.trinityoaklabs.com

Stacey West at Fowl Creek Kennels has a strong track record at the HRC Grand and is back concentrating soley on HT dogs. A new, hvac'ed state of the art kennel facility is a nice place for your dog to rest between training sessions as well. Look him up at www.fowldogs.com.

Steven Durrence in Sylvania,Ga is the man your looking for.He takes 8 dogs to the Grand every year and his training is very grand standard oriented.
    A situation very simular to yours; A friend of mine has a dog that he had with another trainer who trained hin through his HRCH/MH titles,but did'nt pass the grand.Steven has had the dog the past year on and off and went two for two passing the last two grands!!! www.taylorfarmkennels.com