RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Great Puppy story

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  ryaneder 
#1 ·
First, thanks to those who helped recommend training ideas for my 8 week old YLM. This morning we were outside for a while and Tucker found a stick. He was carrying it around in his mouth and just having a great time! He brought it to me, exciting to show off, and i threw it out into the yard. He bolted out and retrieved it, and ran back my way. Obviously i am not training to retrieve to hand or anything but it is so fun to see these pups grow and develop everyday at this age! So much fun.

#4 ·
Bumpers in the future. Be carefull of the sticks can cause injury. Great to see he's turning into what ever you want. Gotta love 'em at that age.

#9 ·
Years ago I had a VHS tape about goose hunting. It was part of a series by a feller names Grits Gresham (spelling) This one was Grits on Geese or something like that. It was a how to on goose calling with filmed hunts with celebrities hunting with Grits. One of the celebrities featured was none other than Richard Wolters. Bird goes down and the celebrity sends a black Lab. It brings back a stick. Grits almost wets himself laughing. Wolters retorts “I don’t think it is that funny, your going to edit that out right?” and then resends the dog and it swims out and gets the goose.
Moral of the story is don’t toss sticks with your pup or when your famous and being featured in a hunting video your dog will bring one back

#10 ·
I had a friend who use to play fetch with a stick. It was great fun until his pup brought one in during a Jr test

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.