The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scozzafava

Default Scozzafava

Anybody from back there got the scoop on this one - appears to be a liberal D running in R's shoes.

BTW, Jeff, a Rockefeller R is only a verbal declaration away from being a left of center D. When you state that an R served please be considerate enough note the difference. Christie Whitman, Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins come to mind as perfect examples.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I have not been following it very well. But, it appears the the lefties running the republican party wanted her. I guess it was an attempt to homogenize the two parties into what the political class wanted to see. Newt has really been showing his new centrist stance in recent times. Good to see the grass roots, at least in NY23, won the day. Now I just hope they win the election.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I But, it appears the the lefties running the republican party wanted her.
    The Republicans are way too liberal.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Scozzafava is an"Obama" Republican, the party needs her like a hole in the head. I hope the Conservative party candidate wins, he is a Reagan Republican.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

The 23rd is a solidly Republican district so it would be a stunning upset for a Democrat to win. However, the situation there reflects a battle within Republican ranks that could easily undermine hopes for 2010. In any polls currently, the results suggest that the Republican party is poised to win a substantial number of seats in the mid-term elections if they run "generic" Republicans. However, given the battle between moderates and conservatives for control of the party, it is possible that moderates will be pushed out as it seems many here would prefer. If that happens, it could easily reduce those hoped for victories.

Glad to hear she's dropped out.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    The 23rd is a solidly Republican district so it would be a stunning upset for a Democrat to win. However, the situation there reflects a battle within Republican ranks that could easily undermine hopes for 2010. In any polls currently, the results suggest that the Republican party is poised to win a substantial number of seats in the mid-term elections if they run "generic" Republicans. However, given the battle between moderates and conservatives for control of the party, it is possible that moderates will be pushed out as it seems many here would prefer. If that happens, it could easily reduce those hoped for victories.
    That sums up the republican parties woes going back to Newt's Contract with America. That was like the 'extinction burst' of the modern republican party. And I always thought the democrats were the party of self-destruction....
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    That sums up the republican parties woes going back to Newt's Contract with America. That was like the 'extinction burst' of the modern republican party. And I always thought the democrats were the party of self-destruction....
    The CWA became a moot point when government was shut down & the R's chose to pay the government employees for not working when an agreement was reached.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The Republicans are way too liberal.
    I couldn't agree more...
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

I agree with Buzz too, the GOP is way too liberal.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!