The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scozzafava

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    The 23rd is a solidly Republican district so it would be a stunning upset for a Democrat to win. However, the situation there reflects a battle within Republican ranks that could easily undermine hopes for 2010. In any polls currently, the results suggest that the Republican party is poised to win a substantial number of seats in the mid-term elections if they run "generic" Republicans. However, given the battle between moderates and conservatives for control of the party, it is possible that moderates will be pushed out as it seems many here would prefer. If that happens, it could easily reduce those hoped for victories.
    An extreme left wing, new york times view of what ails the republican party.

How would you know?

What ails the republican party is it is indistinguishable from the democrat.

A clear example is Scozzafava is voting for the democrat now that she has dropped out.

So much for your theory.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    An extreme left wing, new york times view of what ails the republican party.

How would you know?

What ails the republican party is it is indistinguishable from the democrat.

A clear example is Scozzafava is voting for the democrat now that she has dropped out.

So much for your theory.
    The logic of a two party system is inexorable. Find the middle or lose. The only exceptions are when the other party completely implodes.

The current administration is far, far, from my idea of the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    The current administration is far, far, from my idea of the middle.
    Then that means there is lots of room to find in the middle. Why keep aiming at the farthest edges of the right?

Then that means there is lots of room to find in the middle. Why keep aiming at the farthest edges of the right?
    Why do you accept the extreme left as the norm?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Why do you accept the extreme left as the norm?
    Why do you accept the extreme right? I find the glorification of greed and the denigration of compassion in right wing rhetoric to be so extreme that I believe any society that actually lived by the principles espoused by the likes of crazy Beck or drug rush Limbaugh would dissolve into post apocalyptic horror in less than a generation.

I expect we could go back and forth all day.

Any nation that spends money the way we do is destined to fail in less than a generation. We, as a nation, "know" SS is running out of money and will probably fail in our lifetime. What is the response to that by the extreme left wing leadership that populates the democrats in congress? Take over healthcare.

Well, you can "feel" good that you were on the side of services for all as your left wing meme, when the nation runs out of the resources to provide it.
    Last edited by subroc; 11-03-2009 at 06:33 AM.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]

Why do you accept the extreme right? I find the glorification of greed and the denigration of compassion in right wing rhetoric to be so extreme that I believe any society that actually lived by the principles espoused by the likes of crazy Beck or drug rush Limbaugh would dissolve into post apocalyptic horror in less than a generation
    I find beck,savage,limbaugh and people like them to be very compassionate. And not a burden on society

I find people like Jackson,Rangold,Farican,rev wright ,Barney Frank, you name it to be vicious, and un compassionate. And definitely apocoliptic type behavior I see most liberals who are in control of things as a burden on the traditional american life style.

Jeff
    It would depend on your definition of compasionate and how you see the world

I dont think it is compassionate to keep catching fish for a guy or his family when all they would have to do to feed themselves is get out of bed in the morning.

Pete

The logic of a two party system is inexorable. Find the middle or lose. The only exceptions are when the other party completely implodes.
    Really??

Are you saying that Obama is in the "middle??"

That is the furthest thing from the truth.
    Stan b & Elvis

Why do you accept the extreme right? I find the glorification of greed and the denigration of compassion in right wing rhetoric to be so extreme that I believe any society that actually lived by the principles espoused by the likes of crazy Beck or drug rush Limbaugh would dissolve into post apocalyptic horror in less than a generation.
    Why do you accept the extreme left, espousing a full frontal attack on the American traditions and culture at every turn?

Who are you to decide that Beck is crazy, when Rev Wright exists?

In regard to your personal; dig at Rush, what sitting President wants pot legalized, thereby endorsing a culture?

Get real dude, some of us LOVE America as much as your group hates it!!
    Stan b & Elvis