The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Dick Cheney have Alzheimers?

Banned

Default Does Dick Cheney have Alzheimers?

Dick Cheney: Sorry, I just don't remember (72 times)

Cheney: I am, therefore I forget (AP)

By PETE YOST

Federal prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald famously declared in the Valerie Plame affair that "there is a cloud over the vice president." Last week's release of an FBI interview summary of Dick Cheney's answers in the criminal investigation underscores why Fitzgerald felt that way.
    On 72 occasions, according to the 28-page FBI summary, Cheney equivocated to the FBI during his lengthy May 2004 interview, saying he could not be certain in his answers to questions about matters large and small in the Plame controversy.
    The Cheney interview reflects a team of prosecutors and FBI agents trying to find out whether the leaks of Plame's CIA identity were orchestrated at the highest level of the White House and carried out by, among others, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Cheney's chief of staff.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/20132

That is almost as bad as going to the same church for 20 + years and not knowing what the minister preaches!!

Rev. Wright regards!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    That is almost as bad as going to the same church for 20 + years and not knowing what the minister preaches!!

Rev. Wright regards!!
    Love the false equivalence.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Love the false equivalence.
    What's false about it?

Just that you don't like it.

BTW--Know anyone with Alzheimers??
    Pretty rude cheap shot, but then what else you got??
    Stan b & Elvis

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

The current POTUS hung out with terrorist Bill Ayers and denied knowing the man after a number of years.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Sometimes the line between sarcasm as medical reality blurs. If that was a political shot, then it may have be insensitive. If it was a true medical question, then it has legitimacy. Ronald Reagan, in hindsight was likely suffering from the early signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease, especially in his last term. That certainly can explain the lack short-term recall of events in the Whitehouse, "sun-downing" during cabinet meetings, and the appearance of confusion at times, and perfect lucidity at others.

Mr. Cheney, as we all know, has been plagued with heart conditions most of his adult life, including atrial fibrillation. Lacunar infarcts are small areas of brain tissue that have died as a result of micro-emboli, often the result of A-fib. This can mimick Alzheimer's disease quite remarkably. Brain imaging is one way of sorting lacunar infarcts from Alzheimer's dementia. I'm sure he's had these work-ups, but we are not privvy to them. If any of this comes to trial, it may become part of the public record, if invoked as a defense to perjury. (apparently numerous people have offered sworn testimony that he indeed did engage in discussions and directvies regarding the Plame/Wilson scandal.) That was either a good question, or a cheap shot!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Just that you don't like it.

BTW--Know anyone with Alzheimers??
    My grandmother died from it. Thanks for asking.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

My mother who God bless her will be 97 on the 29th of this month has Alzheimers,so I too think the reference to Dick Cheney having this dreadful disease is in poor taste also..
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    My mother who God bless her will be 97 on the 29th of this month has Alzheimers,so I too think the reference to Dick Cheney having this dreadful disease is in poor taste also..
    Yep, watching my 84 year old grandma go through it now. It's even tougher watching my mom try to deal with her own mother, who was such a strong woman, fall apart day by day.

Roger, have you ever seen someone in their own home have NO clue where they are? How about still asking when a husband of 65 years is coming home from work a year after his death? Have you heard someone say "This doesn't taste good." only to find out they are eating a hearing aid?

Roger Your obsesion with Bush and Chaney are bordering needing profesional help. Are your constant attacks a cry for help ? This is not a personal attack but a question out of concern.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan