The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Does Dick Cheney have Alzheimers?

Except in one they were investigating a crime and in the other the content of Sermons. Big difference
    You would call those sermons. I think they are flirting with criminal behaviors. Like maby treason. GD america,,,boy sounds so warm and fuzzy

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You would call those sermons. I think they are flirting with criminal behaviors. Like maby treason. GD america,,,boy sounds so warm and fuzzy

Pete
    It makes me want to turn to God. You don't feel the same way?

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    True enough. I guess in your world honesty is only required when you are under oath?
    Your really much better off not trying to figure out what goes on in my world.

Well, you made the distinction between the two, I just illustrated that they are the same. Your world or mine.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Except in one they were investigating an alledged crime (and I will hope the get the dirty sob, wether any actually happened or not because I just HATE him) and in the other the content of Sermons (which is OK cause Obama said he didn't know what he said). Big difference.

There, FIXED!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    There, FIXED!!
    Here is your original quote :

"That is almost as bad as going to the same church for 20 + years and not knowing what the minister preaches!!"
    My comment was not on the appropriateness of lying but on the equivalency of the two. Now if you think that deliberately misleading or stonewalling a felony investigation is the same as saying you forgot some sermons from your church over the course of 20 years then we are going to disagree.

This is what Obama did say:

The statements that Rev. Wright made that are the cause of this controversy were not statements I personally heard him preach while I sat in the pews of Trinity or heard him utter in private conversation. When these statements first came to my attention, it was at the beginning of my presidential campaign. I made it clear at the time that I strongly condemned his comments. But because Rev. Wright was on the verge of retirement, and because of my strong links to the Trinity faith community, where I married my wife and where my daughters were baptized, I did not think it appropriate to leave the church.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barack..._91623.html&cp

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Here is your original quote :

My comment was not on the appropriateness of lying but on the equivalency of the two. Now if you think that deliberately misleading or stonewalling a felony investigation is the same as saying you forgot some sermons from your church over the course of 20 years then we are going to disagree.

This is what Obama did say:

The statements that Rev. Wright made that are the cause of this controversy were not statements I personally heard him preach while I sat in the pews of Trinity or heard him utter in private conversation. When these statements first came to my attention, it was at the beginning of my presidential campaign. I made it clear at the time that I strongly condemned his comments. But because Rev. Wright was on the verge of retirement, and because of my strong links to the Trinity faith community, where I married my wife and where my daughters were baptized, I did not think it appropriate to leave the church.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barack..._91623.html&cp
    Prove that has occurred.
    You can't, neither can anyone else, this is based on your hatred for the Bush administration.
    My post was in regard to convenient memory loss.

I assumed you could figure that out, my bad!!
    Stan b & Elvis

If you believe what obama said is true, after listening to 20 years of wrights sermons, you shouldn't have a hard time believing what Vice President Dick Cheney said.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    If you believe what obama said is true, after listening to 20 years of wrights sermons, you shouldn't have a hard time believing what Vice President Dick Cheney said.
    I slept through 20 years of Sermons. In my younger days, I was usually not at my "best" on Sunday mornings!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I slept through 20 years of Sermons. In my younger days, I was usually not at my "best" on Sunday mornings!
    Good point. Maybe Obama saved Saturday nights for his admitted cocaine usage. In that case, it's understandable that he wouldn't remember what Wright said.