The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NY congressional election

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

The GOP wins in NJ and Va should be taken as a repudiation of osama's marxist beliefs.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    The GOP wins in NJ and Va should be taken as a repudiation of osama's marxist beliefs.
    How so Bob? And just what do you think the NY congressional win means?

What would have been the outcome in NY-23 if the GOP candidate had not withdrawn and thrown her support to the Dem? Seems to me

1. She withdraws and says nothing, the Conservative might have done better.

2. She stays in the race and ?

Basically, the Democrat won in an election that does not follow the normal pattern and therefore, you can't predict anything from it. The term of office is 1 year. In a year, let's see how it comes out.

Eric

Living in the NY 23 I noticed from the beginning this was a mess. Ny state politics is probably the most dysfunctional political system in the country this was just a reflection of that problem. Most republicans in the area were furious over the fact that just a few county leaders picked the Republican candidate and they especially got po'd when they picked Scozzafavi. The combination of how the candidate was picked and who the candidate was is what led to this revolt by the Republican Party. In my opinion the mainstream media has blown out of proportion what has happened up here and how important it is. One time is not a trend. Let's wait and see what happens in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDogRem View Post
    Come on guys, lets congratulate Roger for posting something that's actually relevant with today's politics! Glad to see the therapy is helping.
    You know he is dieing to say its Bush's fault
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    You know he is dieing to say its Bush's fault
    The only things I have posted lately on Bush or his administration has been news stories that are currently in the news. However, some of the things GW or his cohorts have done in the past keep popping up as current news.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    The only things I have posted lately on Bush or his administration has been news stories that are currently in the news. However, some of the things GW or his cohorts have done in the past keep popping up as current news.
    It takes 20 attaboys to negate one AW SH*T.

Keep up the good work. You only have 335 attaboys more to go!

Living in the NY 23 I noticed from the beginning this was a mess. Ny state politics is probably the most dysfunctional political system in the country this was just a reflection of that problem. Most republicans in the area were furious over the fact that just a few county leaders picked the Republican candidate and they especially got po'd when they picked Scozzafavi. The combination of how the candidate was picked and who the candidate was is what led to this revolt by the Republican Party. In my opinion the mainstream media has blown out of proportion what has happened up here and how important it is. One time is not a trend. Let's wait and see what happens in the future.
    (Just noticed you live in Watertown. I went to college at SLU)

You make a very important point. These candidates were chosen without a primary, and will only serve for one year. The "bosses" did a disservice in not tapping someone a bit further right of center. There was mention on radio today of this candidate also was in favor of the public option on health care. I didn't catch all of the discussion, however.

I would agree that it is relatively unimportant as to what things will look like in 2010. The fact that the conservative candidate showed as well as he did in view of the unusual circumstances, might actually be more significant.

The Ds were already expecting to lose in VA, but can not be at all happy about losing pretty soundly in NJ. The newspapers mentioned that the exit polls showed that the O supporters who voted in Nov 08, did not turn out in numbers yesterday; especially those under 30.

Meanwhile, locally here, the Rs took all 5 of the county council seats in one of our counties: 2 incumbents re-elected; 3 newcomers. This shifts the council to a 7/2 R majority from its previous 5/4 D majority. That's a large swing of the pendulum. The counties are also taking a financial beating with the economy.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Cotts I have a friend from Watertown, Steve Brise, do you know him?

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    come on JD. Don't let me down. You must have some left wing spin. Explain why the governors races don't matter and the New York -23 reflects the mood of a nation.
    Sorry Joe, Just don't think there's much to spin here from either side. I'll defer to you 'experts'. Another day in the kabuki that is American politics. The status quo reigns once again. Kinda like a football game, one day you win, one day you lose, the game goes on.
    Seems to me, the checks and balances of our political system still work pretty well. In a country as split down the middle as ours, the swing will always be a relevent force. I still have faith in our American system.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift