The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: Palin book tour avoids Democratic strongholds

  1. #21
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    ...if i wanted to sell A LOT OF hamburgers, i wouldn't set up in a small town. must be the "Rogue" in her coming out. no other real explanation for it.

    it would probably make a pretty good manual for politicians who don't want to get elected or re-elected, though.-Paul
    I guess if I wanted to sell a lot of hamburgers, I wouldn't try to sell them to vegetarians.
    subroc

    Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,890

    Default

    are there really that few republicans/conservatives that they have holed up in only those cities??(chuckling!)-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,890

    Default

    funny a pre-eminent trainer/author like yourself would use Mike Lardy as an example, don't you think, Evan?

    but i happen to think Mr. Lardy is a pretty good marketer of his books and videos, so i fail to see your point. his materials are used by people in every state and many people in other countries, as well.

    by comparison, i think Sarah has a lot to learn about selling books. i would think her market would be anyone who reads books.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Raymond Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles/Grand Chenier La
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    funny a pre-eminent trainer/author like yourself would use Mike Lardy as an example, don't you think, Evan?

    but i happen to think Mr. Lardy is a pretty good marketer of his books and videos, so i fail to see your point. his materials are used by people in every state and many people in other countries, as well.

    by comparison, i think Sarah has a lot to learn about selling books. i would think her market would be anyone who reads books.-Paul
    Hasn't most everyone one in San Fran read "Das Kapital"?
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Georgetown, MA
    Posts
    926

    Default

    What's the chance it will be in Oprah's book club? She really ought to work on that angle if she wants to move some product..



    Have we seriously fallen to the point of arguing about how someone decides to market a book?

  6. #26
    Senior Member K G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    southeast us
    Posts
    5,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Congrats Roger, Looks like you struck a major vein. Two posts by KG outta five, I think he's feelin' biffed by SP ya know, kinda like he hadda date and she stood 'em up. I hope she continues endorsing R. candidates...black widow regards...,

    JD
    That was two out of SIX, JDog...you're not math-challenged, are you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Yea, KG said I was the "Eeyore" of POTUS place. I tried looking up eeyore in the dictionary and could not find it there. I know KG is a stickler for spelling because in the past he chastised numerous people for their spelling.
    Been a LOOOONG time since I've given a RRRA about anyone's spelling, Roger...but as attached to the past as you are, this comment is not surprising...I spelled it correctly for you so THAT's no excuse...and I cannot BELIEVE you didn't try your #1 reference source for Eeyore info....

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    If you are indeed the eeyore of PP, then KG is certainly the heffalump
    Au contrar....I LIKE going to birthday parties...and here's your heffalump primer, JDog...you're welcome... In the fifth chapter of Winnie-the-Pooh, Pooh and Piglet attempt bravely to capture a heffalump in a trap. However, no heffalumps are ever caught in their trap, and indeed they never meet a heffalump in the course of the books. The sole actual appearance of heffalumps in the books come as Pooh tries to put himself to sleep: "[H]e tried counting Heffalumps [but] every Heffalump that he counted was making straight for a pot of Pooh's honey ... [and] when the five hundred and eighty-seventh Heffalumps were licking their jaws, and saying to themselves, 'Very good honey this, I don't know when I've tasted better', Pooh could bear it no longer." We learn nothing more about the nature of the beasts in the writings.


    Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    What's the chance it will be in Oprah's book club? She really ought to work on that angle if she wants to move some product..

    Have we seriously fallen to the point of arguing about how someone decides to market a book?
    That only the farthest RIGHT of the RIGHT (and hockey moms) will give a RRRA about.... Yes, this is what the farthest LEFT of the LEFT finds most interesting in today's world....

    Status quo regards,

    kg
    Last edited by K G; 11-06-2009 at 08:24 AM.
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,890

    Default

    only in passing, Keith.

    what i REALLY find interesting is that the republican party and those that voted for her thought she would make a good Vice-President, AND THAT MANY ON HERE CONTINUE TO THINK SO....-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  8. #28
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    That was two out of SIX, JDog...you're not math-challenged, are you?
    I didn't count the thread starter. My bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    In the fifth chapter of Winnie-the-Pooh, Pooh and Piglet attempt bravely to capture a heffalump in a trap. However, no heffalumps are ever caught in their trap, and indeed they never meet a heffalump in the course of the books. The sole actual appearance of heffalumps in the books come as Pooh tries to put himself to sleep: "[H]e tried counting Heffalumps [but] every Heffalump that he counted was making straight for a pot of Pooh's honey ... [and] when the five hundred and eighty-seventh Heffalumps were licking their jaws, and saying to themselves, 'Very good honey this, I don't know when I've tasted better', Pooh could bear it no longer." We learn nothing more about the nature of the beasts in the writings.
    KG quoting directly from wikipedia and not giving credit...? More like a woozle than a heffalump.

    I am aware that woozles are not illustrated in the original books, but heffalumps and woozles appear in later Disney productions and are depicted as elephants and weasels.

    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I didn't count the thread starter. My bad.



    KG quoting directly from wikipedia and not giving credit...? More like a woozle than a heffalump.

    I am aware that woozles are not illustrated in the original books, but heffalumps and woozles appear in later Disney productions and are depicted as elephants and weasels.

    JD
    KG quoting Wikipedia? Tell me it aint so.

    By the way, I never read Whinnie the Phoo guess it must be advanced reading material.

  10. #30
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    By the way, I never read Whinnie the Phoo guess it must be advanced reading material.
    Roger, are you telling us you avoid advanced reading material?

    Thought I'd say it before someone else did.

    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Similar Threads

  1. Democratic Foreign Policy.....clueless
    By TXduckdog in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 04:04 PM
  2. Arkat tour
    By InertiaDriven71 in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 12:04 PM
  3. I Have One Question About Democratic National Convention (GDG)
    By AmiableLabs in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 09:29 PM
  4. Got to keep up with the republican/democratic thread....GDG
    By Gun_Dog2002 in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2007, 09:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •