The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please habla English!

Default Please habla English!

Don't mean to be racist at all, but I just want to be able to understand the evening news without a Rosetta Stone Spanish! I wrote to CNN to inform them they have lost a part-time viewer, because Rick Sanchez (vehicular homicide fugitive, as far as I'm concerned) was granting an interview in Spanish today at 3:45. I'm sure they don't care, as there is probably 500 new people per day in this country that want to hear that, and buy products advertised on CNN.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I have not been able to stomach CNN for quite some time now. Probably since the time that Anderson Cooper got his own show.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Intersting. I guess I don't really care if they conduct an interview in spanish. Just like everything else, if I don't want to watch, I just change the channel. If I can't understand it, I just change the channel.

So, dnf777 what channel will you view as a part time solution?

Buzz, If not cnn what is your channel of choice?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I have MSNBC, CNN, Jim Leher, Fox in my surf box. (listed left to right, as I see it, with MSNBC and Fox as the bookends) Radio has become so polarized I don't think anyone can see the center from where they're at, left or right)

RADIO: Radical and Divisive Information and Opinion
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

RADIO: Radical and Divisive Information and Opinion
    That is funny!

Limbaugh, the savior of a.m. radio has listeners (Hannity too) that think they are Conservatives.

Yes, radio talk shows lean right because the left won't listen to Leftist talk radio. Whereas the right has pretty well defined their issues, the left is all over the place with thier isues and they don't agree amongst themselves. They only agreed that Republican politicians had to go.

Now, moderates are abandoning the Dems because they see the looming economic disater they are building.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Odd isn't it that when people vote with their dialing finger, they go to conservative talk radio in droves, yet they avoided leftist Air america like the swine flu?
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Odd isn't it that when people vote with their dialing finger, they go to conservative talk radio in droves, yet they avoided leftist Air america like the swine flu?
    I refuse to listen to political talk shows either left or right. If you want some good listening tune into real radio (the love doctors) Rich Glenn and Lexxus monday through friday 11:00 A.M. to 3 P.M. You can find them by googling either 94.3 fm or lovedoctores.org. It is good entertainment, but you may have to listen for a week or so in order to get what the show is about. (non political talk radio) Better than lex and terry.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    That is funny!

Yes, radio talk shows lean right because the left won't listen to Leftist talk radio.
    Most of those on the left are not ideological. They are more apathetic than anything else. They spend their time watching Sponge Bob or Dancing with the Stars.
    Kelly, Weis, Willingham, & Davies

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Don't mean to be racist at all, but I just want to be able to understand the evening news without a Rosetta Stone Spanish! I wrote to CNN to inform them they have lost a part-time viewer, because Rick Sanchez (vehicular homicide fugitive, as far as I'm concerned) was granting an interview in Spanish today at 3:45. I'm sure they don't care, as there is probably 500 new people per day in this country that want to hear that, and buy products advertised on CNN.
    Learn a little Spanish.

It isn't going to happen....!

It's already happened! Here in NM, 400 years ago.

170 some years ago, Stephen Watts Kearney stood in the plaza in Las Vegas, NM and said to the assembled, "Ya'll American citizens now.

And, they bought it. Some of the greatest American heroes came from NM. The Bataan Death March were a lot of NM Hispanics.
    The Navajo Code Talkers were Native NM's.

I watch the news, not only the english language cable channels, but on the spanish language channels as well.

If you feel threatened, you should not. The Americas are not just the USA, but N. and S. and Central A. and Canada as well.

OK, I've stepped into it...bring on the flames.

JD

PS Man, I might regret this.

PPS How come it seems everyone posts during the work hours?
    Last edited by JDogger; 11-04-2009 at 10:51 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

JDogger,
    No flames here, but I do disagree. I'm of Italian descent, but don't want the news channels broadcasting in Italian any time Burlisconi happens to be in the news. Or everytime a Chinese businessman is interviewed, listen to chinese.

All I'm asking is to standarize our language publically, to facilitate the exhcange of information. Speak, eat, do whatever in private. I would fully encourage keeping culture alive. I would be able to speak Italian if it weren't beaten out of my parents and grandparents by nuns at the Catholic schools back in the day.