The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: House plan mandates payment for abortions...by all.

Quote Originally Posted by Leddyman View Post
    For those who think legality means something is morally acceptable I might remind you that you continually point out the state of race relations in this country in the past. It was legal at one time for one man to own another. Are you prepared to say that it was then correct and moral for them to do so?

It happens to be legal for people to murder the unborn. It is neither correct nor moral. It is a disgraceful state of affairs that is at the root of all that is wrong in this country. A bill that is coming due.
    Well said.

I was just reading the House Bill (HR 3962). It explicitly prohibits including abortion services as a mandatory component in defining which plans do or do not qualify as meeting minimum standards for coverage. It prohibits any form of discrimination against coverage plans based on whether or not they provide for abortion coverage. It prohibits any plan from discriminating among providers based n whether or not tey provide abortion services. It explicitly states that no provision of the bill shall be construed to modify or require modification of any Federal or state laws governing abortion services or reimbursement of abortion services. Finally, it states that, to the extent that a plan provides coverage for abortion services that are not eligible for coverage by Federal funds that the cost of that component of coverage will be excluded in calculating any applicable Federal subsidies. Based on this, I do not understand the basis for the OP's claim that the House plan requires coverage for abortion services.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    All you need to know about the guy, right there!!

Child birth and abortion moral equivalancy judgement by the "Sole Possesor of the Truth!!"

Pathetic.

It might shock you to know that some of us respect life, even nonviable tissue mass'.
    What about birth control pills? Are they the moral equivalent of murder?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

What about birth control pills? Are they the moral equivalent of murder
    Might we go even one step further,,,which would make most men murderers.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Does a blood transfusion strip the right to life away from a human being?
    No, but the lack of one could. Point is if you hate abortion fight to have it made illegal, not to remove funding from it while it is legal.
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I was just reading the House Bill (HR 3962). It explicitly prohibits including abortion services as a mandatory component in defining which plans do or do not qualify as meeting minimum standards for coverage. It prohibits any form of discrimination against coverage plans based on whether or not they provide for abortion coverage. It prohibits any plan from discriminating among providers based n whether or not tey provide abortion services. It explicitly states that no provision of the bill shall be construed to modify or require modification of any Federal or state laws governing abortion services or reimbursement of abortion services. Finally, it states that, to the extent that a plan provides coverage for abortion services that are not eligible for coverage by Federal funds that the cost of that component of coverage will be excluded in calculating any applicable Federal subsidies. Based on this, I do not understand the basis for the OP's claim that the House plan requires coverage for abortion services.

When will you and the rest of the libs recognize the healthcare bill, IN ANY FORM... has nothing to do with healthcare.... IT'S ALL ABOUT CONTROL!!!! Just like the global warming bill...the "help the union thugs take charge again bill"...and any number of other Democrat led bills being rapidly shoved down the throats of the American sheeple...before they understand what the hell they've stepped into, and what they've allowed to happen to this country.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    When will you and the rest of the libs recognize the healthcare bill, IN ANY FORM... has nothing to do with healthcare.... IT'S ALL ABOUT CONTROL!!!! Just like the global warming bill...the "help the union thugs take charge again bill"...and any number of other Democrat led bills being rapidly shoved down the throats of the American sheeple...before they understand what the hell they've stepped into, and what they've allowed to happen to this country.

UB
    At least I'm not the one so contemptuous of my fellow citizens that I refer to them as "sheeple". But then I also believe in democracy even when I disagree with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post

UB
    So can I assume you were against the Patriot Act, as a device to increase government surveillance into your private life....and more control??
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Why is it that people who favor the abortion of the innocent unborn are against executing convicted adult killers?
    Why is it that people against abortion are for executing convicted killers even abortion doctors?

Well, I don't know about those that are against abortions and those that advocate for more abortions statistically being for or against executing convicted killers.

But, is there a plausible argument that can be made why a "convicted killer" hasn’t forfeited his right to life?

subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.