The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheney blasts probe of CIA interrogations

Banned

Default Cheney blasts probe of CIA interrogations

The techniques, he said, were approved by Bush's justice department and closely monitored by the CIA. It did not amount to torture and broke no laws or international agreements, and the simulated drowning technique known as "waterboarding" was used only three times.

C.I.A. interrogators used waterboarding, the near-drowning technique that top Obama administration officials have described as illegal torture, 266 times on two key prisoners from Al Qaeda, far more than had been previously reported
    The C.I.A. officers used waterboarding at least 83 times in August 2002 against Abu Zubaydah, according to a 2005 Justice Department legal memorandum. Abu Zubaydah has been described as a Qaeda operative.

I guess Cheney has another memory lapse (waterboarding used only 3 times)

In all instances, he said, the methods used produced valuable information about terrorist operations. A future administration prosecuting Americans for what a previous president asked them to do, Cheney said, is a "fundamentally flawed concept."

Then let the CIA that did the torture have immunity and proscute the person(s) who ordered the CIA to carry out the orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    The techniques, he said, were approved by Bush's justice department and closely monitored by the CIA. It did not amount to torture and broke no laws or international agreements, and the simulated drowning technique known as "waterboarding" was used only three times.

C.I.A. interrogators used waterboarding, the near-drowning technique that top Obama administration officials have described as illegal torture, 266 times on two key prisoners from Al Qaeda, far more than had been previously reported
    The C.I.A. officers used waterboarding at least 83 times in August 2002 against Abu Zubaydah, according to a 2005 Justice Department legal memorandum. Abu Zubaydah has been described as a Qaeda operative.

I guess Cheney has another memory lapse (waterboarding used only 3 times)

In all instances, he said, the methods used produced valuable information about terrorist operations. A future administration prosecuting Americans for what a previous president asked them to do, Cheney said, is a "fundamentally flawed concept."

Then let the CIA that did the torture have immunity and proscute the person(s) who ordered the CIA to carry out the orders.
    Geez, Rog, are you going to quibble over three verses Three Hundred??? What's a few hundred violations of international treaty and US policy between friends???
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Geez, Rog, are you going to quibble over three verses Three Hundred??? What's a few hundred violations of international treaty and US policy between friends???
    Hey, Cheney made it back in the current news by flapping his gums again yesterday.
    Current new, regards

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Cheney is right. All the investigation will do is crew up our intel gathering apparatus.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Cheney is right. All the investigation will do is crew up our intel gathering apparatus.
    Cheney doesn't want to get his a$$ in a wringer. It is just like the Narcs, they don't want to go after the street dealer, they want the supplier. Cut off the snakes tail and he will grow another one, cut off the snakes head and he is dead. If the ones giving orders are prosicuted, maybe it would send a message to those that give orders in the future.

I would be interested in finding out how many lives, American or any other nationality, were saved by information gained from making an America hating violent terrorist criminal uncomfortable for a little while.

Not that you would care or anything... I know you are more concerned about being nice and friendly those who hate us and want to kill us than saving the lives of your own countrymen. Typical hippie lib BS.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I would be interested in finding out how many lives, American or any other nationality, were saved by information gained from making an America hating violent terrorist criminal uncomfortable for a little while.

Not that you would care or anything... I know you are more concerned about being nice and friendly those who hate us and want to kill us than saving the lives of your own countrymen. Typical hippie lib BS.
    We have had over 4,000 of our military personnel killed in Iraq over a needless war. Don't tell me I do not care. How many do you think would have been killed if we never invaded Iraq?

We have had over 4,000 of our military personnel killed in Iraq over a needless war. Don't tell me I do not care. How many do you think would have been killed if we never invaded Iraq?

Are you privy to all of the knowledge and intelligence that our President and his staff have available to them? Or do you just believe what the little man in your idiot box tells you is the truth? I don't think anyone has the knowledge to call it needless, unless they know the whole truth and you sure as hell don't get it from ANY news source in America.

3000+ were killed in one day on our soil. Probably wouldn't have been that difficult to do again. Go on defending those that did it to us. They'll at least love Roger Perry. Hate America, but love you. You will just give them warm fuzzies every time they think about you and how you and your hippie friends stick up for them at America's expense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Are you privy to all of the knowledge and intelligence that our President and his staff have available to them? Or do you just believe what the little man in your idiot box tells you is the truth? I don't think anyone has the knowledge to call it needless, unless they know the whole truth and you sure as hell don't get it from ANY news source in America.

3000+ were killed in one day on our soil. Probably wouldn't have been that difficult to do again. Go on defending those that did it to us. They'll at least love Roger Perry. Hate America, but love you. You will just give them warm fuzzies every time they think about you and how you and your hippie friends stick up for them at America's expense.
    I spent 4 years serving my Country in the U.S. Navy (1965-1969) the Viet Nam years. It's not about me, but can you tell me how the 3,000 plus that died in one day on our soil has anything to to with the invasion of Iraq?

I spent 4 years serving my Country in the U.S. Navy (1965-1969) the Viet Nam years. It's not about me, but can you tell me how the 3,000 plus that died in one day on our soil has anything to to with the invasion of Iraq?
    Point out where I said that it did have something to do with Iraq. My first paragraph dealt with your Iraq comment. The second dealt with your sympathy for our enemy.