The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: House passed socialized medicine

I guess I've been living in communist states for some time now, since Pennsylvania, Texas, Louisiana, and Alabama ALL require auto insurance
    Your kidding right. I have lived in PA and yes its alittle on the commy side politically,,,but
    It is not mandatory that all have auto insurance.
    The law requires it if you drive. Driving is a privalage not a right. walking to and fro is a right not a privalage.
    We aught to make walkers get insurance too. Why stop now. We aught to make the unemployed pay unemployment insurance to.

I think they should require shovel insurance,
    If you want to insure something then do,,,if you dont then you shouldnt have to.

p

Even some of the people that get unemployment should not.
    I know of a case in VA where a person quit their jub for other employment. Fool quit before passing everything for the new job and failed the drug test. Yes they got unemployment. That is just a crock of crap. I know it is true because I was the HR manager for the company that they turned in their notice to and was the one who fought the unemployment claim. Hey they quit. Bottom line, they got to collect but we were not charged against our rating. I told the state of VA that was BS and they should not hve gotten one darn dime. Even put the protest in writing for the company, not that it did any good, with the backing of the president of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    When you are forced to buy a product that you do not want (health ins) I would not call that reform.

Seems almost communist like. The Soviet union also told the people what they could and when they could buy certain items (food)

I think calling it Socialized medicine is being nice.
    Are you prepared to accept a society where, if you are lying on the street bleeding to death that ambulance will leave you there until you show proof of insurance of pay in advance? When people make voluntary decisions not to buy health insurance, they are to some extent relying on the fact that they will be treated even if they cannot pay. Basically, that means that they are assuming that the rest of us will pay for their negligence. The economics of health insurance only work by spreading the risk across a broad group of people that, in any given year, are unlikely to need the benefits offered. Almost no body can afford the costs of care when we need it. As a society, we have chosen in every state of the country to require health care providers to treat people unable to pay. That care is paid by those of us who do pay our bills either by purchasing insurance or by paying for services when rendered. I do not mind doing that to cover the costs of people who cannot afford care. I do mind doing it because a person whose resource may be the same or greater than mine decided to play the odds and "save" money by foregoing insurance. The uninsured cost us money in two ways. They consume health services for which they do normally not pay, and they contribute to substantial administrative costs as providers and insurers are forced to spend significant resources verifying coverage every time someone is treated. While I understand the "freedom of choice" being sought, I do not accept the fact that I must pay the cost of those decisions. I do not believe that any meaningful reform of the health insurance system is possible unless it begins with virtually universal coverage.

Actually if they are illegal or a darn anchor baby as far as I am concerned yes they can die in the street since they broke the law and do not belong here, I don't care if people think I'm harsh. I should not have to pay for their darn as*. They should have been stopped by any means at the border!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Actually if they are illegal or a darn anchor baby as far as I am concerned yes they can die in the street since they broke the law and do not belong here, I don't care if people think I'm harsh. I should not have to pay for their darn as*. They should have been stopped by any means at the border!!!!
    Do you suggest that ambulance drivers should check passports at the scene? Leaving people in the streets to die is pretty much an all or nothing proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Your kidding right. I have lived in PA and yes its alittle on the commy side politically,,,but
    It is not mandatory that all have auto insurance.
    The law requires it if you drive. Driving is a privalage not a right. walking to and fro is a right not a privalage.
    We aught to make walkers get insurance too. Why stop now. We aught to make the unemployed pay unemployment insurance to.

I think they should require shovel insurance,
    If you want to insure something then do,,,if you dont then you shouldnt have to.

p
    I anticipated these responses, that's why I said I could just walk to work each day! That is not practical for the majority of folks. The real point is, if you want to drive, and you're a "good driver", aren't you bothered that you have to buy insurance?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I anticipated these responses, that's why I said I could just walk to work each day! That is not practical for the majority of folks. The real point is, if you want to drive, and you're a "good driver", aren't you bothered that you have to buy insurance?
    No, but a recent change in my states auto insurance does make me furious. I am now required as are all that live in this state, now DUMACRATIC to have uninsured, underinsured coverage equal to the amount of liability insurance I carry even though I carry much higher liability than required by law. Those that chose to carry higher insurance in one category now have to also have that higher amount in another.
    I consider liability insurance my protection against BS lawsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Do you suggest that ambulance drivers should check passports at the scene? Leaving people in the streets to die is pretty much an all or nothing proposition.
    Well if they don't speak English we should check for a green card at the ER or something. At the very least we should toss them back as soon as they are stable.
    And yes, every time someone is caught here illegally they should be sent straight back, no hearing no crap, get the heck out!!!!!
    Last edited by luvmylabs23139; 11-08-2009 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Well if they don't speak English we should check for a green card at the ER or something. At the very least we should toss them back as soon as they are stable.
    And yes, every time someone is caught here illegally they should be sent straight back, no hearing no crap, get the heck out!!!!!
    SOMEONE, seems to be hiring illegal aliens. Should we not also prosecute these business's as well? Would they come, if there were no jobs?
    So, where do these jobs come from?
    Or, do you believe that all illegal immigrants come only for the social services?
    If that were true our poor and indigent might be emmigrating elsewhere.

Jess' sayin'

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Let me get this straight. This is a bill and will have to be passed by the senate. But not until they Inject their venom into it. What concerns me as a free American is that a person that chooses food instead if INS is a criminal. Someone who working hard to makes ends meet can be a felon if he continues to choose food over INS. Nice. This my friends is tryanny. I thought we escaped a king along time ago to not live in fear of the gov.

If you think for one min. This will not affect your premiums you need my beach front condo in az. Make you a deal. They will go up.

True reform would be the dreaded public option. Leave private alone and create a program that one could choose. Choose being the important word here. But that person would have PAY for that option. And under the promise from the ones in charge, it would be cheaper.

But back to being a criminal. That is caca de torro
    "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still!" Les Brown

Poor is an attitude, broke is a temporary situation!

GO HOGS!