The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: House passed socialized medicine

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    No, but a recent change in my states auto insurance does make me furious. I am now required as are all that live in this state, now DUMACRATIC to have uninsured, underinsured coverage equal to the amount of liability insurance I carry even though I carry much higher liability than required by law. Those that chose to carry higher insurance in one category now have to also have that higher amount in another.
    I consider liability insurance my protection against BS lawsuits.
    That makes no sense whatsoever. (the law, not your post) Why would the state care if you choose to protect your butt from other uninsured drivers or not? Sounds like the CEOs at AIG are trying to cut their losses and pass more laws to force profits out of us. That sounds more like our corporate controlled "free market", than a bunch of legislators looking out for your protection?

The last thing that democratic lawmakers (in cahoots with trial lawyers, right?) would want is any law that would discourage folks from carrying big, fat liability policies! That would mean less banana peel slip and fall lawsuits.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Even some of the people that get unemployment should not.
    I know of a case in VA where a person quit their jub for other employment. Fool quit before passing everything for the new job and failed the drug test. Yes they got unemployment. That is just a crock of crap. I know it is true because I was the HR manager for the company that they turned in their notice to and was the one who fought the unemployment claim. Hey they quit. Bottom line, they got to collect but we were not charged against our rating. I told the state of VA that was BS and they should not hve gotten one darn dime. Even put the protest in writing for the company, not that it did any good, with the backing of the president of the company

Ah I see the problem. Virginia and PA are not states,,they are common wealths.
    what is a common wealth? Well lets see .massachussets, PA, Virginia,, Oh I know ,,what makes them a common wealth is the wealth of its citizens is common to everyone.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    That makes no sense whatsoever. (the law, not your post) Why would the state care if you choose to protect your butt from other uninsured drivers or not? Sounds like the CEOs at AIG are trying to cut their losses and pass more laws to force profits out of us. That sounds more like our corporate controlled "free market", than a bunch of legislators looking out for your protection?

The last thing that democratic lawmakers (in cahoots with trial lawyers, right?) would want is any law that would discourage folks from carrying big, fat liability policies! That would mean less banana peel slip and fall lawsuits.
    Nope, when the Dums came into power they changed the law and made it so that if you choose to carry higher liability than required by law you must carry uninsured/ under insured of the same amount.
    I've never understood why they require you to carry uninsured/underinsured since that is just a pile of garbage since uninsured are violating the law.
    When the battle was going on our insurance co actually sent us a letter telling us to contact our local reps and tell them our opinion. They even suggested we threaten our reps with lowering our liabilty coverage to the state minimum!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I guess I've been living in communist states for some time now, since Pennsylvania, Texas, Louisiana, and Alabama ALL require auto insurance. Oh, I guess I could choose to walk 40 miles per day to work, but that's not really practical. Then my mortgage banker has this funny thing about requiring home-owners insurance on my house.....funny I never heard complaints about that. It has something to do with shared risk, the whole concept of insurance. Than again, what do you expect from a commie like Benjamin Franklin?
    If you don't see the difference between auto insurance and health insurance your are truly ignorant.

There are no states that require you to buy auto insurance when you don't have a car. That would be a better analogy. Your government is requiring you to buy a product that you may not need or want.

I nor anyone should be forced to buy insurance under penalty of law.

Driving a car is a privilege and as so is licensed and regulated. Living my life is not and so should not be regulated by a bunch of idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    If you don't see the difference between auto insurance and health insurance your are truly ignorant.

There are no states that require you to buy auto insurance when you don't have a car. That would be a better analogy. Your government is requiring you to buy a product that you may not need or want.

Driving a car is a privilege and as so is licensed and regulated. Living my life is not and so should not be regulated by a bunch of idiots.
    Code3,
    By your standards of normal, I guess I am ignorant. I foolishly thought that owning and operating a vehicle was pretty much necessary for most Americans of working age. I may be ignorant, but I don't recall any Deerskin-Rickshaws being pulled behind trainer-handlers on foot lately!
    I'm a safe driver, so why should I pay insurance when chances are if I get in a wreck, it will be the other idiot's fault?

As for not ever needing health insurance......NONE of us gets outta here alive! Life is a sexually-transmitted, 100% fatal disease! By saying you don't need health insurance, is just saying I'll wait until I'm sick and let others pay for it.

I have not read the 1900 page bill, nor have I read ANY bills recently. In fact, I struggle to get through the AKC HT/FT rules and regs in one sitting! I'm not saying this bill is the answer to everything, and I'm sure there will be much I disagree with coming out in the next few days....but to summarily dismiss change in the name of the status quo is a failed approach. Where is the republican house alternative? Senate alternative? Haven't seen squat from Boehner or McConnel! Just nay-saying. We're in a nose-dive. We souldn't wait until we hit the ground before we try to pull out of it.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Yardly, what a tool: ".. death that ambulance will leave you there until you show proof of insurance of pay in advance? " I'd guess with your alleged "vast" experience in health care you're aware that most states require treatment of ER cases? But you prefer a shock lie to justify a pos bill. 40+ years of frustration and weather underground tactics must be tough to bear.

As for not ever needing health insurance......NONE of us gets outta here alive! Life is a sexually-transmitted, 100% fatal disease! By saying you don't need health insurance, is just saying I'll wait until I'm sick and let others pay for it
    I have paid out of pocket for my family up until this last year when the wife got a job.
    mmmm I still am paying for most of it. People on health insurance go to the dr when they sence a pimple comming on.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    SOMEONE, seems to be hiring illegal aliens. Should we not also prosecute these business's as well? Would they come, if there were no jobs?
    So, where do these jobs come from?
    Or, do you believe that all illegal immigrants come only for the social services?
    If that were true our poor and indigent might be emmigrating elsewhere.

Jess' sayin'

JD
    For once you are as right as rain. I got in a big argument with a housing developer over a couple of cocktails on the deck because he was trying to justify hiring illegals. Yes I've got the stones to say it in person just like I do here. I told him a man used to be able to make a decent living hanging drywall and such before he and other greedy baskirds like him who couldn't see anything but $$$$$ signs found out they could exploit illegal labor for profit. He seemed to think the only thing that mattered was that they worked cheaper. This right after he got through bragging about all his trips to cancun and the house he was living in in Cuscowilla. Google it it is BIG money.
    I don't have any problem with all the money you can make until you start breaking the laws to do it.
    I think they should put the ones hiring the illegals under the jail and leave them there. That would stop the problem tomorrow and raise the standard of living here next year. A couple of examples would make those hiring illegals think twice. If that closed a few businesses, which it would, I would not complain one bit about the economic impact. If you have to hire illegals to stay open then close down now.

As far as the welfare benefits. I don't know for sure if it is true, but I work as a translator for the illegal community from time to time. I go to court with them and translate when they get in trouble. I had an illegal worker tell me that the ones you see working are ALL illegal because as soon as they get a green card and are able they go on welfare. That is purely anecdotal and of course there are exceptions, but I had an illegal tell me that that was the case in the majority of cases. I think we should stop giving welfare benefits to anyone who isn't a citizen.
    Treat them in the E.R. and then send them home, put the employers in jail, stop welfare, and watch the exodus.
    Last edited by Leddyman; 11-09-2009 at 09:11 AM.
    Bad Motor Scooter SH

He that tooteth not his own horn...The same shall not be tooted.

There could be 5 or 6 ninjas in this room right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I have paid out of pocket for my family up until this last year when the wife got a job.
    mmmm I still am paying for most of it. People on health insurance go to the dr when they sence a pimple comming on.

Pete.
    And I'm sure you paid a hefty premium that you're not thrilled about. I know I am. Wouldn't it be nice if you weren't paying for all those uninsured people out there, many of whom just chose not to carry coverage? If they had, and paid premiums also, YOUR premiums would not be so high. The whole concept of insurance is being subverted as it stands right now.

As for your pimple claim, not true. People who have ZERO co-pay (such as military dependents) do overuse the system in my experience. As little as a $5 co-pay eliminates the majority of those who make "pimple visits", and have become the norm in the majority of plans.

I'm not so much supporting this plan, as I am defending it against arbitrary dismissal and a cling-to attitude towards the major insurance companies. I share more of your concerns than you would believe, not to mention my personal stake in this. Healthcare butters my bread!

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    ..... Your government is requiring you to buy a product that you may not need or want.

Help me understand.
    1)What kind of health should a person have in order for them to "need" health insurance?
    a) Good health
    b) Poor health
    c) Other (explain)

2) If someone chooses not to buy insurance and then gets really sick, they get treated at very high cost, right? Who is paying for that now?

3) Since the health care of folks not currently buying insurance now is being subsidized by all of us, exactly what is wrong with making everyone buy insurance to spread the risk?

4) Is it "arrogant" or "ignorant" for someone to not realize that they need health insurance?