The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: House passed socialized medicine

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Must be time to change the system of electing our leaders. What do you suggest?
    I suggest that we reduce the number of people that are dependent on the government for their everyday existence.

What do you suggest? Leave it at status quo?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    When Obama ran for President of the United States, his biggest ajenda was health care. After he got elected President, he said health care was a top priority. Now that is coming to furtion all the right is complaining. Were you all caught off guard about Obama's health care plan intentions?

It is time for the right to realize ---- YOUR GUY LOST.
    And YOUR guy is about to...in the Senate...and then YOUR party will lose seats in 2010...and then YOUR guy will be a one-term wonder in 2012...he hung his hat on the wrong rack...

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Not quite nimrod. We all have lost.
    True enough...still hemorrhaging jobs, housing market on life support...where's all that stimulus money for infrastructure rebuilding and consumer loans?

Quote Originally Posted by Leddyman View Post
    For once you are as right as rain. I got in a big argument with a housing developer over a couple of cocktails on the deck because he was trying to justify hiring illegals. Yes I've got the stones to say it in person just like I do here. I told him a man used to be able to make a decent living hanging drywall and such before he and other greedy baskirds like him who couldn't see anything but $$$$$ signs found out they could exploit illegal labor for profit. He seemed to think the only thing that mattered was that they worked cheaper. This right after he got through bragging about all his trips to cancun and the house he was living in in Cuscowilla. Google it it is BIG money.
    I don't have any problem with all the money you can make until you start breaking the laws to do it.
    I think they should put the ones hiring the illegals under the jail and leave them there. That would stop the problem tomorrow and raise the standard of living here next year. A couple of examples would make those hiring illegals think twice. If that closed a few businesses, which it would, I would not complain one bit about the economic impact. If you have to hire illegals to stay open then close down now.

As far as the welfare benefits. I don't know for sure if it is true, but I work as a translator for the illegal community from time to time. I go to court with them and translate when they get in trouble. I had an illegal worker tell me that the ones you see working are ALL illegal because as soon as they get a green card and are able they go on welfare. That is purely anecdotal and of course there are exceptions, but I had an illegal tell me that that was the case in the majority of cases. I think we should stop giving welfare benefits to anyone who isn't a citizen.
    Treat them in the E.R. and then send them home, put the employers in jail, stop welfare, and watch the exodus.
    Good post, Terry.

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Didn't have any enlightened post for the Pelosi Cluster, so found someone more talented as a wordsmith to express my view.

UB

Fellow Patriots,

I don't normally get this emotional when writing a newsletter, so I'll have to apologize ahead of time. This is an emotional evening for me.

It's 10:12 PM here in Chicago. I just watched a room for of Democrats (and one Republican) clap and cheer as they realized they had the votes needed to pass Nancy Pelosi's healthcare legislation.

I honestly don't think I've felt this angry in years. I can't imagine how a room full of people elected to look out for our rights as Americans can so comfortably vote to strip us of them.

And worse, clap and cheer about their success in doing so.

I'm not sure if these thugs are just sick with power and look for complete control, or if they're so heavily struck with narcissism that they genuinely don't understand what it is that they're doing.

But either way, this legislation seeks to destroy everything that made our country great. This bill rips from us our personal liberty, our reason for hard work, our drive for productivity, and our ability to be free in our personal responsibility.

Should this legislation pass the Senate, we Americans will be forced to choose healthcare that is run by a government of thugs and power hungry special interest shrills. And if we refuse, we'll face up to $250,000 in fines and up to 5 years in jail.

At this point in time, I feel the urge to begin considering the reality of what we're up against. I no longer have any desire to be politically correct. It's time to start recognizing this for what it is.

Our Government, a body made up of powerful people entrusted to protect our liberty and freedom, has openly declared war on us.

If this legislation passes the Senate... I pray God will help us all.

Much to think about, folks. Much to consider.

Stay tuned.

For Liberty,
    -Eric Odom
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

I have some Guys that work for me that are from Bosnia. We have done our best to make sure that the documentation that we have to do is correct. I have no other means to my company that I work for to be sure the documentation is correct. Likely they did not swim here so I can only assume that the passed thru customs. I have made copies for guys that have returned home for vacation. But lets say one of the guys was here illeagally and had fake yet valid (required) documentation. I did everthing but you want me to go to jail ? Why cant the police and the gooberment take responsibility ? BTW in case you are thinking these guys own homes and are making generally above union scale.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    And YOUR guy is about to...in the Senate...and then YOUR party will lose seats in 2010...and then YOUR guy will be a one-term wonder in 2012...he hung his hat on the wrong rack...
    kg
    Obama is still a better choice than the alternative McCain & Palin who would have followed lockstep in Bush's economic shoes and have no viable soulution to the health care problem. Had McCain/Palin gotten elected we would be in a depression now instead of a recession.

Obama is still a better choice than the alternative McCain & Palin who would have followed lockstep in Bush's economic shoes and have no viable soulution to the health care problem. Had McCain/Palin gotten elected we would be in a depression now instead of a recession.
    I know this is lost on you Roger...but notice that I talked about FUTURE dates...not past dates....I disagree with your assessment of course (think about how much less NATIONAL DEBT we'd have...), but it really doesn't matter because it didn't happen.

"Soulution"...I like that...

Freudian regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    I know this is lost on you Roger...but notice that I talked about FUTURE dates...not past dates....I disagree with your assessment of course (think about how much less NATIONAL DEBT we'd have...), but it really doesn't matter because it didn't happen.

"Soulution"...I like that...

Freudian regards,

kg
    As I have said before Obama was not my choice for President either but given the 2 choices we had Obama was the lesser of the two evils. The National debt would have grown no matter who was chosen president. Now lets find a way out of it. I can give you a hint -- it won't be through partisan politics.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 11-09-2009 at 11:51 AM.

As I have said before Obama was not my choice for President either but given the 2 choices we had Obama was the lesser of the two evils. The National debt would have grown no matter who was chosen president. Now lets find a way out of it. I can give you a hint -- it won't be through partisan politics.
    I would love to see where Osama was the lesser of the two evils??? But then again I'm sure MSNBC, CNN (Clinton News Network) and others really helped you on that one....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoned View Post
    I would love to see where Osama was the lesser of the two evils??? But then again I'm sure MSNBC, CNN (Clinton News Network) and others really helped you on that one....
    As I am sure Fox entertainment, Rush Limpaugh, Glen Beck and others helped you to disagree.

Now lets find a way out of it. I can give you a hint -- it won't be through partisan politics.

If it won't be through partisan politics, why are you so pleased with the partisan games that your messiah and his crew are playing? They have stated time and time again that they will do this without republicans if necessary. Perhaps they should step back and think about what is best for their constituents and the country, not their votes and wallets.