The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dow industrials hit new 52-week high

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Sorry, GW Bush was by far the worst president in u.s. history...

Let's see, In January before Obama took office wasn't the DOW in the 7,000 range. I distinctly remember it tanking right after Obama was elected in November. That would make it real easy to improve upon.Now it is 3,000 points higher. In 2008 wasn't gasoline close to $5.00 per gallon. In 2009, there is no construction to eat up gas supplies, therefore demand and prices are lower. What has Obama done to lower prices of gas? Wasn't it in 2007 & 2008 that thousands of banks went out of business putting hundreds of thousands of people out of work, business's closing, houses going into foreclosure? What's different in 2009 other than unemployment being much higher than it was then? And putting the Republican Congress out of the majority as well as not re-electing another republican president? When was the last time that a president was elected that was the same party as his predecessor?

Should Obama and his staff turn the economy around (remember he still has 3 years to do so) you may see him in office for another 4 years after that. You are correct. If the economy turns around, whether by his doing or just part of a natural cycle, we will have 8 years of Obama.
    I can't believe you just said all that. You live in a fantasy world.

Sorry, GW Bush was by far the worst president in u.s. history...

Let's see, In January before Obama took office wasn't the DOW in the 7,000 range. Now it is 3,000 points higher. In 2008 wasn't gasoline close to $5.00 per gallon. Wasn't it in 2007 & 2008 that thousands of banks went out of business putting hundreds of thousands of people out of work, business's closing, houses going into foreclosure? And putting the Republican Congress out of the majority as well as not re-electing another republican president?

Should Obama and his staff turn the economy around (remember he still has 3 years to do so) you may see him in office for another 4 years after that.
    You did exactly want I said you would do and that is blame Bush but you cannot name anything Obama has done and you will never be able to. The man is inept and his policies are ruining the country. As far as your continued Bush bashing, we were not attacked on our soil under Bush's watch which I think is kinda important. Last time I checked, the Dems had control of the Senate during the majority of Bush's term so I don't think he can be blamed for all of your woes. In fact you BS is lame. Get a grip.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    You did exactly want I said you would do and that is blame Bush but you cannot name anything Obama has done and you will never be able to. The man is inept and his policies are ruining the country. As far as your continued Bush bashing, we were not attacked on our soil under Bush's watch which I think is kinda important. Last time I checked, the Dems had control of the Senate during the majority of Bush's term so I don't think he can be blamed for all of your woes. In fact you BS is lame. Get a grip.
    How abut the world trade center twin towers. I guess that doesn't count.

Congress was controlled by Republicans for 6 years of the Bush presidential years, 2 years by Democrats. 2 years does not constitute a majority of years.

How abut the world trade center twin towers. I guess that doesn't count.
    But Obama isn't responsible for anything that has happened during his first year, right? I thought all of it was Bush's fault. Using that reasoning, wouldn't 9/11 be Clinton's fault?

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    But Obama isn't responsible for anything that has happened during his first year, right? I thought all of it was Bush's fault. Using that reasoning, wouldn't 9/11 be Clinton's fault?
    Way to go Ducknwork! I knew he was gonna say that too. You beat me to the punch. RP just hates for some reason and therefore has a convenient memory.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Roger knows 9/11 was Clinton's fault....he's never denied it every time it's been posted.

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Roger knows 9/11 was Clinton's fault....he's never denied it every time it's been posted.

kg
    Well, I am denying it now:

The Out-of-TownerWhile Bush vacationed, 9/11 warnings went unheard.

By Fred KaplanPosted Wednesday, April 14, 2004, at 7:54 PM ET

Meanwhile, back at the ranch ...In an otherwise dry day of hearings before the 9/11 commission, one brief bit of dialogue set off a sudden flash of clarity on the basic question of how our government let disaster happen.

The revelation came this morning, when CIA Director George Tenet was on the stand. Timothy Roemer, a former Democratic congressman, asked him when he first found out about the report from the FBI's Minnesota field office that Zacarias Moussaoui, an Islamic jihadist, had been taking lessons on how to fly a 747. Tenet replied that he was briefed about the case on Aug. 23 or 24, 2001.
    Roemer then asked Tenet if he mentioned Moussaoui to President Bush at one of their frequent morning briefings. Tenet replied, "I was not in briefings at this time." Bush, he noted, "was on vacation." He added that he didn't see the president at all in August 2001. During the entire month, Bush was at his ranch in Texas. "You never talked with him?" Roemer asked. "No," Tenet replied. By the way, for much of August, Tenet too was, as he put it, "on leave."

And there you have it. National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice has made a big point of the fact that Tenet briefed the president nearly every day. Yet at the peak moment of threat, the two didn't talk at all. At a time when action was needed, and orders for action had to come from the top, the man at the top was resting undisturbed.
    Throughout that summer, we now well know, Tenet, Richard Clarke, and several other officials were running around with their "hair on fire," warning that al-Qaida was about to unleash a monumental attack. On Aug. 6, Bush was given the now-famous President's Daily Brief (by one of Tenet's underlings), warning that this attack might take place "inside the United States." For the previous few years—as Philip Zelikow, the commission's staff director, revealed this morning—the CIA had issued several warnings that terrorists might fly commercial airplanes into buildings or cities.
    http://www.slate.com/id/2098861/
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 11-11-2009 at 12:07 PM.

For the previous few years—as Philip Zelikow, the commission's staff director, revealed this morning—the CIA had issued several warnings that terrorists might fly commercial airplanes into buildings or cities.
    So why did nobody act in the previous few years? The blame cannot be placed solely on any one person.

Well, I am dening it now:
    What does it mean when you "dening" something?

Clinton let bin Laden escape when he had the opportunity to take him out. Take out bin Laden = no 9/11. That's easy math for even you, Roger....

So why did nobody act in the previous few years? The blame cannot be placed solely on any one person.
    That makes WAAAAY too much sense....but it does tell me that EVERYTHING that does wrong during BHO's watch should be attributed to him. Problem is, the "wrong" list keeps getting longer and longer...and he's not been President a year yet....

Dening regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    What does it mean when you "dening" something?

Clinton let bin Laden escape when he had the opportunity to take him out. Take out bin Laden = no 9/11. That's easy math for even you, Roger....

That makes WAAAAY too much sense....but it does tell me that EVERYTHING that does wrong during BHO's watch should be attributed to him. Problem is, the "wrong" list keeps getting longer and longer...and he's not been President a year yet....

Dening regards,

kg
    Kg, did you read the article? In it states Bush was told about an inevitable terrorist attack on U.S. soil but did nothing about it. Bush spent August on vacation at his ranch.