The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dow industrials hit new 52-week high

I guess Roger is busy counting his money. It's gonna be funny when he wakes up.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Eh....Roger doen't work either so I don;t think he knows about unemployement....
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Hey. Franco changed his avatar. Go
    saints. 8-0. On the lighter side ......

Martin
    "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still!" Les Brown

Poor is an attitude, broke is a temporary situation!

GO HOGS!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post

Hey. Franco changed his avatar. Go
    saints. 8-0. On the lighter side ......

Martin
    I'm in a pool and picked them to go 13 - 3 back in August. They should treat the next two games as pre-season games and only play thier starters the first quarter. Kind of a mid-season rest since the bye came after week four, the starters need some rest. Besides, I don't think it would be good to go 16 - 0, too much pressure in the playoffs. They just need to stay one game better than the Vikes to wrap up homefield through the playoffs.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I'm in a pool and picked them to go 13 - 3 back in August. They should treat the next two games as pre-season games and only play thier starters the first quarter. Kind of a mid-season rest since the bye came after week four, the starters need some rest. Besides, I don't think it would be good to go 16 - 0, too much pressure in the playoffs. They just need to stay one game better than the Vikes to wrap up homefield through the playoffs.
    Franco, Is this one of those alternate investments, not only do you make a little dough, you also get a little enjoyment. UB shines his AU.

Anybody that thinks Obongo is responsible for this surge is smoking a little too much hemp. This surge is caused by a good dose of entrepeneurship & has 0,000,000,000 to do with any political BS. Entrepeneurs take what they are dealt & make lemonade out of it. IMO

But when 10K was announced a couple of weeks ago I went back through my records. Without adding any new funds, in fact taking all dividends & interest for living expenses & paying the portfolio's share of taxes, the portfolio is twice as big as when it crossed 10K 10 1/2 years ago. BTW, that's a return of nearly 11% a year, which is not bad for an amateur. So I'm a believer in the market even though there are a few rough spots on occasion.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    It could mean that Obama economics is starting to lift our country out of the ressession slump it has been in. But there is still a long way to go for recovery,
    Idiot.....
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

I guess the right wing wacko's can see no good in anything Obama has done to try and boost the economy so they resort to name calling and insults. Figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I guess the right wing wacko's can see no good in anything Obama has done to try and boost the economy so they resort to name calling and insults. Figures.
    You cannot point to a single thing that Obama has done that has helped the economy in the short term and certainly not in the long term. Don't use your standard "Bush's Fault" answer. It's no longer his turn. It's Obama's and he will surely pay in 2010 and 2012 as he surpasses even Carter as the worst president in history.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Roger, please explain how spending borrowed money can get you out of debt. I am all ears. If you can make this make sense to me, I am going home today and informing my wife that I will be buying a new duck boat tomorrow.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    You cannot point to a single thing that Obama has done that has helped the economy in the short term and certainly not in the long term. Don't use your standard "Bush's Fault" answer. It's no longer his turn. It's Obama's and he will surely pay in 2010 and 2012 as he surpasses even Carter as the worst president in history.

Sorry, GW Bush was by far the worst president in u.s. history...

Let's see, In January before Obama took office wasn't the DOW in the 7,000 range. Now it is 3,000 points higher. In 2008 wasn't gasoline close to $5.00 per gallon. Wasn't it in 2007 & 2008 that thousands of banks went out of business putting hundreds of thousands of people out of work, business's closing, houses going into foreclosure? And putting the Republican Congress out of the majority as well as not re-electing another republican president?

Should Obama and his staff turn the economy around (remember he still has 3 years to do so) you may see him in office for another 4 years after that.