The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GDG Has anyone else had this stupid swine flu???

Kristie Wilder

Default GDG Has anyone else had this stupid swine flu???

I'm about to suck it up and go to the doctor... I've tried to wait it out, but it's only getting worse...

Stepped out of the truck after getting home from MN and have been sick since. Heard there were a few others that came back with it.

I'm to the point where I'm a week into a fever. Now I feel like I have rice krispies from my lungs up to the back of my throat and if I lay down, they get worse. And all I want to TRY to do is sleep... Plus my back is tender to the touch, like it's bruised. I'm miserable... I have SO much to do and that stress isn't helping.

Seems like others who have had it have gotten over it more quickly. I felt good for a day and went out training (saturday) and it's been downhill ever since... Probably a bad idea to have gone out.

Would appreciate any feedback from anyone who's had it. I've just never been sick like this...

-K

My wife and 5 year old daughter both had it. My wife started Tamiflu before she had any symptoms, and my daughter started it shortly after we figured out that she had it. It was pretty rough on my daughter, but it was short lived. Neither had to spend any time in the hospital, but my daughter came close.

Kristie- so sorry you are ill.
    Sounds gross but hot lemonaid will kick butt on your fever. If you cant stomach that then lots of water with lemon for re-hydration.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    If you dont want someone to get your goat
    dont tell them where you tied it up.

I am pretty sure my son is home sick with it...he has been off an on with a fever for the last few days, and started a cough today..It has been going around the school and through his hockey team as well...I am surprised I have not had it yet, since I work at the grocery store as a checker...

Ge Better Kristie! DRINK LOTS OF LIQUIDS! And go to the doc....you've been sick long enough to warrant a visit...IMO

Juli
    God answers prayers all the time. Even the ones we don't know we asked. God is Good (always)

"There are only two ways to live your life.
    One is as though nothing is a miracle.
    The other is as though everything is a miracle."

- Albert Einstein

My girl friend has had it the last three days and Iím coming down with it as I type. The last hour muscles are getting achy and getting the chills going to be a fun week. Two more hours of work and home to work my dog, then off to bed. Itís not fun my girl friend is complaining of the same sorry to here you have it take care and good luck.

Kristie,

I haven't had it. Several co-workers have. I work at an urgent care and we have seen lots of it. Symptoms typically last 3-7 days. It sounds like you should go see your doctor. You may have something else going on.

Tom
    Tom Wall

Got this from a "dog" friend. Might be of some use..... Note: not from a Dr.

Hopefully none of you will need this or get the flu but I thought this would be very good info to have.

H1N1 flu is here and we need to be on top of information regarding it. Here is a comparison to the normal cold symptoms .

Know the Difference between a Cold and H1N1 Flu Symptoms:

Symptom of:
    1. Cold 2. H1N1 Flu

Fever
    1. Fever is rare with a cold.
    2. Fever is usually present with the flu in up to 80% of all flu cases. A temperature of 100įF or higher for 3 to 4 days is associated with the H1N1 flu.

Coughing
    1. A hacking, productive (mucus- producing) cough is often present with a cold.
    2. A non-productive (non-mucus producing) cough is usually present with the H1N1 flu (sometimes referred to as dry cough).

Aches
    1. Slight body aches and pains can be part of a cold.
    2. Severe aches and pains are common with the H1N1 flu.

Stuffy Nose
    1. Stuffy nose is commonly present with a cold and typically resolves spontaneously within a week.
    2. Stuffy nose is not commonly present with the H1N1 flu.

Chills
    1. Chills are uncommon with a cold.
    2. 60% of people who have theH1N1 flu experience chills.

Tiredness
    1. Tiredness is fairly mild with a cold.
    2. Tiredness is moderate to severe with the H1N1 flu.

Sneezing
    1. Sneezing is commonly present with a cold.
    2. Sneezing is not common with theH1N1 flu.

Sudden Symptoms
    1. Cold symptoms tend to develop over a few days.
    2. The H1N1 flu has a rapid onset within 3-6 hours. The flu hits hard and includes sudden symptoms like high fever, aches and pains.

Headache
    1. A headache is fairly uncommon with a cold.
    2. A headache is very common with the H1N1 flu, present in 80% of flu cases.

Sore Throat
    1. Sore throat is commonly present with a cold.
    2. Sore throat is not commonly present with the H1N1 flu.

Chest Discomfort
    1. Chest discomfort is mild to moderate with a cold.
    2. Chest discomfort is often severe with the H1N1 flu.

The only way to stop the spread of the epidemic is to spread the awareness.
    Cheryl and her 4-legged family,
    15 1/2 yr old UUD HR Knapp's Virginia Black Jewel UDX RE SH WC FFXOG FFXOP, "Jewel-E",
    8 1/2 yr old OTCH SHR UCDX Licking Run Knapps VA Black Gem UDX3 OM2 VER RE JH WC FFXOG ASCA-UD, hearing dog, "Gem-E" and
    10 1/2 month old Knapp's Virginia Librarian's Choice, future hearing dog, "Book" or "Booker"

Jewel-E & Gem-E aren't my whole life, they've just made my life whole! Now Book, a new "chapter" in the family story.

Kristie, I hope you feel better soon. My unprofessional medical advice would be to go to the doctor! My Aunt passed away a couple day ago from what we are suspecting as complications from H1N1. She was sick on Tuesday but just thought she would get over it fairly quick. She was single, never married and lived alone - 60 yrs old. She had a lot of family and friends she could have called on but, never did. Yesterday, she missed her church meetings without telling anyone (she would always let someone know if she couldn't be to something) and people got worried. Family called and no answer so police were called and my mom and aunt and uncle met them over there. The police went in and discovered that she had passed away. It was determined that she likely passed away a couple days ago.

We have had a few cases around here where otherwise perfectly healthy people all the sudden get hit with the H1N1 and pass away very quickly. I have had a bro in law and cousins on my wifes side that got it. They were misearble for a few days and then it started going away. Who knows.....
    TRAVIS SKEEN

I had it. It lasted about 6 days. Low fever, body aches, dry cough and very tired.
    Redstars Hayseed Bo ..... "Butch"

Go to the Doctor. I'm fairly certain that I heard that if the fever goes down and then comes back you are likely dealing with secondary infection like pneumonia.
    Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
    www.northmountainretrievers.com