The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: A poll to make Reps happy....

Default A poll to make Reps happy....

48% to 44% among registered voters in the latest update on Gallup's generic congressional ballot for the 2010 House elections, after trailing by six points in July and two points last month.

Now all the Republicans have to hope for is that the economy doesn't improve, that the health care debate can last another year, and that the war in Afghanistan goes poorly. Of course, they also have to nominate "generic" Republican candidates instead of right wing ideologues.

I think that the poll is a little ignorant (for lack of better terms) to begin with. (Maybe the people answering the poll are) It shouldn't be about R vs D. It should be about candidate a vs candidate b. All this partisan bickering gets us nowhere. I look at each candidate and decide individually who to vote for. Most of the time, it ends up being a republican, but that has no bearing on my decision.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

The GOP doesn't need to hope for anything. so long as osama is in the WH, the chances of the GOP making great strides in the 10 Congressional elections are substantial. Of course in 2012 we will throw the bum in the WH out on his ear.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    ...Of course, they also have to nominate "generic" Republican candidates instead of right wing ideologues...
    I expect, in your view, a generic republican candidate should be just a liberal that calls him/herself republican. And, anyone to the right of that extreme left wing radical view must be your description of a "right wing ideologues."

I expect those that took the poll used the current administration as its point of reference and view it as radical leftist. Those polls arenít an endorsement of the generic candidate; they are an indictment of the current.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Now all the Republicans have to hope for is that the economy doesn't improve, that the health care debate can last another year, and that the war in Afghanistan goes poorly. Of course, they also have to nominate "generic" Republican candidates instead of right wing ideologues.
    I expect better than this from you, Jeff.....

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.