The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A nice article about Dubya

Default A nice article about Dubya

I didn't always agree with Bush's decisions and often cringed when he spoke, but I always have a great deal of respect and admiration for him. He dignified and respected the office he held. He wasn't small-minded, petty or vengeful. He served the country with a servant's heart. He put the interests of the country above his own political interests or the interests of his party. He tried to be the President to everyone; not just Republicans. He was deeply moved by the service and sacrifices of our military, and the sacrifices weighed heavily upon him. He didn't act like a king...he knew he was a servant of, and to the people. In short, he was a humble and gracious man who served in a time of great difficulty without complaint and with dignity and class.

Here's an article, written by gay, Hillary supporting, life-long Democrats that acknowledges George and Laura Bush's inherent class and spirit of giving that I referred to above: http://hillbuzz.org/2009/11/10/thank...dy-laura-bush/ If you have time, at the bottom of that artilcle there's a link to an equally-nice article they wrote when Bush left office.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

I read them both...
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    I didn't always agree with Bush's decisions and often cringed when he spoke, but I always have a great deal of respect and admiration for him. He dignified and respected the office he held. He wasn't small-minded, petty or vengeful. He served the country with a servant's heart. He put the interests of the country above his own political interests or the interests of his party. He tried to be the President to everyone; not just Republicans. He was deeply moved by the service and sacrifices of our military, and the sacrifices weighed heavily upon him. He didn't act like a king...he knew he was a servant of, and to the people. In short, he was a humble and gracious man who served in a time of great difficulty without complaint and with dignity and class.

Here's an article, written by gay, Hillary supporting, life-long Democrats that acknowledges George and Laura Bush's inherent class and spirit of giving that I referred to above: http://hillbuzz.org/2009/11/10/thank...dy-laura-bush/ If you have time, at the bottom of that artilcle there's a link to an equally-nice article they wrote when Bush left office.
    If you need to borrow some Kleenex, just let me know.....got a little something brown on your nose there......
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    If you need to borrow some Kleenex, just let me know.....got a little something brown on your nose there......
    Maybe, but you guys got it on your shoes!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Maybe, but you guys got it on your shoes!!
    Never walk behind the horses....
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Never walk behind the horses....
    Or the ELEPHANTS!!!

(c'mon, that is a good one!!)
    Stan b & Elvis

Be careful Hew, if you take that tissue, our good physician will probably bill you $250 for it.

we can't expect dnf777 to read them.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The posting talks of a former Commander in Chief and his wife honoring those who sacrificed while serving their Nation.

I understand quite well your reference to "brown" don't see anything brown about the orignal posting.

As one of 25million Veterans and the father of another in our Nation of 300 million citizens, I personally take great offense to the senseless posting quoted above on this day that was set aside to honor all Veterans.

Read 'em then decided to do a little googling.

http://www.mydd.com/story/2008/6/5/23212/82795

Seems the majority of hits on Hillbuzz come from wealthy, conservative, well educated, middle-aged white women. An interesting demographic for a blog purporting to be gay Hillary supporters. They seem now to have shifted to Palin. Dino's? Troll?

The internet is a wonderful thing. You can find almost anything you want.

Go do a google. There's some differing opinions about this blog. Decide for yourself.

JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 11-11-2009 at 06:31 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift