The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Former La. congressman sentenced to 13 years

Banned

Default Former La. congressman sentenced to 13 years

ALEXANDRIA, Va. - A former Louisiana congressman who famously hid $90,000 cash in his freezer was sentenced Friday to 13 years in prison for taking bribes, the longest term ever imposed on a congressman for bribery charges.
    William Jefferson, a Democrat who represented parts of New Orleans for nearly 20 years, was convicted in August of taking roughly $500,000 in bribes and seeking millions more in exchange for using his influence to broker business deals in Africa.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33915800...me_and_courts/

Let's prosicute all the crooked politicians and put them in jail where they belong.

even you can't spin this (find a way to blame the republicans), might as well get on board.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    even you can't spin this (find a way to blame the republicans), might as well get on board.
    who's trying to spin this? He was caught, given his day in court, found guilty by a jury of his peers, and sentenced. The American justice system worked in this case. If it continues to work properly, perhaps Bernie Madoff, Wm Jefferson, and Tom DeLay will all be roomies at upstate pen?? Would YOU like to get on board with that?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Just waiting to see how Roger blames Bush for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Just waiting to see how Roger blames Bush for this one.
    exactly...
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

charlie Rangle and Dodd are stilll not in jail, so no the system does not work!!!

I am pleased that they finally got this guy. I think we has a few posts on this BB where we discussed this.

How about the unindicted co-conspirator from Pennsylvania?
    Last edited by subroc; 11-14-2009 at 11:30 PM.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    charlie Rangle and Dodd are stilll not in jail, so no the system does not work!!!
    Just some of the crooks in DC that need to serve time!

Willie Jefferson got 13 years but will serve less for good behavior and I'll bet he is hoping for a Presidential pardon. The man stole millions over the years and should spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Willie's brother, Moses was also convicted in state court for bribary and is awaiting sentencing.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

I don't believe that there is "time off for good behavior" in the Federal system. A Presidential pardon is a different issue.

Eric