Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Facts? Sarah Palin don't need no stinkin' facts

Banned

Default Facts? Sarah Palin don't need no stinkin' facts

November 14, 2009 - 7:11am

Sarah Palin: Avoiding the truth (AP)

By CALVIN WOODWARD

Sarah Palin's new book reprises familiar claims from the 2008 presidential campaign that haven't become any truer over time.
    Ignoring substantial parts of her record if not the facts, she depicts herself as a frugal traveler on the taxpayer's dime, a reformer without ties to powerful interests and a politician roguishly indifferent to high ambition.
    Palin goes adrift, at times, on more contemporary issues, too. She criticizes President Barack Obama for pushing through a bailout package that actually was achieved by his Republican predecessor George W. Bush a package she seemed to support at the time.

PALIN: Says she made frugality a point when traveling on state business as Alaska governor, asking "only" for reasonably priced rooms and not "often" going for the "high-end, robe-and-slippers" hotels.
    THE FACTS: Although travel records indicate she usually opted for less-pricey hotels while governor, Palin and daughter Bristol stayed five days and four nights at the $707.29-per-night Essex House luxury hotel (robes and slippers come standard) overlooking New York City's Central Park for a five-hour women's leadership conference in October 2007. With air fare, the cost to Alaska was well over $3,000. Event organizers said Palin asked if she could bring her daughter. The governor billed her state more than $20,000 for her children's travel, including to events where they had not been invited, and in some cases later amended expense reports to specify that they had been on official business.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/20208

who cares.

Obama spent a million to take a picture of air force one
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I wouldn't care, except for the fact it seems many on this list are obsessed with gov't spending, but ONLY when it pertains to democrats. I'm sure this will be perfectly acceptable by some twist of rationalization.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

She's not governor anymore, right?

Right???????????

Here's some info that's a little more current and pertinent....http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/19963

The truth shall set you free regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

So what? How much did osama and wife waste on that NY 'date'?
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Banned

And how much did the "taxpayers" pay for a trip to promo Chicago as an Olympic venue??

WRL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    And how much did the "taxpayers" pay for a trip to promo Chicago as an Olympic venue??

WRL
    All I hear about is Obama spending. Can someone answer the original thread about Palin's extravagant spending and not answer with "Obama did this".

Whenever someone says Obama has done this or that and Bush's name is brought up as a comparison I hear the same old thing "Bush is not President anymore."

You didn't ask a question with the first post Roger...THAT is why you haven't gotten an "answer"....that, and nobody really cares. I don't, for sure...and you've gotten several "answers" to your post, none of which you liked. Now THERE is a big shocker!!!

When will you understand that what Bush 43 did or didn't do, what Sarah Palin did or didn't do...what ANYBODY that DIDN'T GET ELECTED in 2008 did or didn't do really doesn't matter now....it DOESN'T. All that matters is what is happening NOW with our current President.

Try being a positive influence every now and then, Roger...talk about all the GOOD that BHO is doing for America. C'mon, man...you can DO it!

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    All I hear about is Obama spending. Can someone answer the original thread about Palin's extravagant spending and not answer with "Obama did this".

Whenever someone says Obama has done this or that and Bush's name is brought up as a comparison I hear the same old thing "Bush is not President anymore."
    Obama is PRESIDENT.....that makes it significant to all.

If people have an issue with how Palin spent money then the the ALASKAN PEOPLE deal with it.....

WRL

Well, he's not Bush, Mcain, or Palin, so he's got that goin' for him, which is nice.
    The new boss is the same boss...what does that say about the old boss?
    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift