The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New State Slogan - Illinois the Detainee State

Unhappy New State Slogan - Illinois the Detainee State

Anyone read the AP story reporting the pending announcement that they Detainees are going to be moved to Northern Illinois? That sounds like a good decision. At least we now have a new state slogan, instead of Illinois - Home to the most corrupt "former" politicians in the country.
    Huntsman Tollers
    Matt & Julie Martin

Wonder how Obama's hometown fans feel about that?

They ought to send them to Detroit. A good bombing would probably be a significant improvement. Why is it that all the worst places to live are Democrat strongholds?
    Bad Motor Scooter SH

He that tooteth not his own horn...The same shall not be tooted.

There could be 5 or 6 ninjas in this room right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Leddyman View Post
    Why is it that all the worst places to live are Democrat strongholds?
    I'm kinda partial to New Mexico. Unemployment and the housing market have taken less of a hit in this Democrat stronghold, than in some thoroughly red states. Go figure.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

So Obama could not get the Olympics but will opt for detainees. Boy if that not a turd in the punch bowl.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Should move them to downtown Chicago and paint a big bulls-eye on the building. Urban renewal at its best.

Chicago politics continues to grind on.......

Monday morning, Nov 16 -- a report on Fox news said that this maximum security prison was built 1 or 2 years ago and is basically empty. You can bet somebody made some construction money on that deal.

So why was it built in the first place?

California's jails and prisons are so crowded they are releasing prisoners and some reports say shorter sentences are being given because there is no place to put the law breakers. Now there's movement afoot to make pot legal in California which will mean fewer pot dealers and users going to jail or prison.

Illinois builds an expensive prison and it sits empty. Why doesn't California contract with Illinois and send some of our prisoners there? Makes sense to me.
    Don's girls:
    FC AFC Flyway's Ruby B. Gonia - a Carbon daughter and now a grandma (my avatar)
    AFC Flyway's Long Tall Sally - Ruby's daughter
    Flyway's Iron Lady (Maggie) - Ruby's granddaughter. Maggie's the new puppy in the house.

We will take them-but first our fearless idiot leaders need to fund the DOC. We have several empty state pens because of budget cuts. My brother is a guard at Marion- fed prison. He left the state prison system because they are closing st prisons. Oh yeah while they are building new ones!? Make sense yet? Welcome to chicago sytle bid contracts-some buddy got greased and made $$$ while working folks got screwed.

Empty state prisons in Illinois? Guess I better send Arnold the news that here's a solution for California's overcrowded prisons.
    Don's girls:
    FC AFC Flyway's Ruby B. Gonia - a Carbon daughter and now a grandma (my avatar)
    AFC Flyway's Long Tall Sally - Ruby's daughter
    Flyway's Iron Lady (Maggie) - Ruby's granddaughter. Maggie's the new puppy in the house.

My cousin and her daughter live in Thompson, IL a sandy soil area that use to be best known for it's melon produce along the road side stands. Other than the produce stands ther isn't much along the highway. Her daughter is the librarian in Thompson.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html