The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New State Slogan - Illinois the Detainee State

I heard the story on the news, that our Dear Leader wants the government to buy this prison (now THERE'S a good use of our tax dollars!) so they can close Gitmo, along with the news the terrorists would be tried in NYC and not by a military tribunal

I'm sure the only reason Illinois has empty prisons is most of the criminals are employed by the local, state and federal govt.

Now that's funny! Only they are not employed, they are elected!

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    Monday morning, Nov 16 -- a report on Fox news said that this maximum security prison was built 1 or 2 years ago and is basically empty. You can bet somebody made some construction money on that deal.

So why was it built in the first place?

California's jails and prisons are so crowded they are releasing prisoners and some reports say shorter sentences are being given because there is no place to put the law breakers. Now there's movement afoot to make pot legal in California which will mean fewer pot dealers and users going to jail or prison.

Illinois builds an expensive prison and it sits empty. Why doesn't California contract with Illinois and send some of our prisoners there? Makes sense to me.

I live about 60 miles south of the prison. Beleive me, most people aren't too happy. Illinois poloticians are a bunch of $$%$ mornons! Jobs for the sake of what?!?! Having the worlds most ruthless pieces of $%$@ in our own backyard! Makes a whole lot of sense to me! Thanks Prez. Thanks Gov. Quinn. Oh, and thanks Dickie Poo! (That's Sen. Dick Durbin for those who aren't familiar with some of the losers from IL.)

The prison was actually built at least 5 or 6 years ago. IL started getting in financial trouble around that time and "couldn't afford" to populate it. Makes sense, huh? We can afford to build it, just not use it. That's IL polotics for you. Now the Libs and the blind have brought the type of garbage that the people of IL can't seem to shake ourselves from to the rest of the U.S. when the "chosen one" was elected.

Gotta love the Great State of IL!!!
    Last edited by honker88; 11-17-2009 at 10:37 AM.
    “Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.” ~ Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    I'm sure the only reason Illinois has empty prisons is most of the criminals are employed by the local, state and federal govt.

You got that right!
    “Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.” ~ Ronald Reagan