The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying Terrorists in Civilian Courts

dnf777
    When GW Bush brought the 9-11 hijacker to Va for trial, he was praised. When Obama does the same thing, he's hounded by the very same people.
    Truthfully, I cannot recall the details of that trial. Was it civil trial or military?

However, is there some reason that the VA trial situation might have been different from this one?

The original post did NOT come from a news agency like Fox. It came to me as an independent URL. So, Fox was the news agency giving both sides of the discussion
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    dnf777

Truthfully, I cannot recall the details of that trial. Was it civil trial or military?

However, is there some reason that the VA trial situation might have been different from this one?

The original post did NOT come from a news agency like Fox. It came to me as an independent URL. So, Fox was the news agency giving both sides of the discussion
    I believe he was arrested in the U.S. No? He was already here and arrested by law enforcement. I could just hear it if GW sent him to Guantanamo. That would have been priceless watching CNN anchors stroking out on TV.
    Bad Motor Scooter SH

He that tooteth not his own horn...The same shall not be tooted.

There could be 5 or 6 ninjas in this room right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Just for fun, I'd like to see the WhiteHouse release a statement declaring which way Obama wipes himself.....front to back or back to front.....just in order to see the illuminating, fair and balanced news segments that Fox would assemble to attack him for being incorrect! I can see republican wiping-experts commenting on Fox&Friends how this is costing jobs and putting Americans at risk!

It's really gone beyond absurd.
    So says the resident expert on absurdity.

I assure you of two things: that nearly half the population or more thinks this is a stupid idea now, and most will know it was a stupid idea after they learn of all of the ramifications. That Obama has already distanced himself from the decision (laughably so, I might add) speaks volumes. Obama will regret this decision. But yeah, you're right...Fox shouldn't report any of that...I mean that would be crazy for them to present an alternative viewpoint to your Messiah's. I'm just shocked that your viewpoint has changed...given how you thought the press was a lap dog for Bush and all.
    Last edited by Hew; 11-16-2009 at 04:49 PM.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

If AG Holder is able to judge shop, the terrorist scumbags will walk. After they get done complaining about the waterboarding(which they deserved) the failure to get Mirandized etc etc, the whole bunh will skate. This entire thing should be handled by a military tribunal. They are war criminals and terrorists, not ordinary criminals. Anyone remember what kind of trial the defendants at Nuremberg got?
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Here is a "colorful" opinion;

http://wcbstv.com/politics/911.trial...2.1316155.html

Is the Gov. a Republican??
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    ..given how you thought the press was a lap dog for Bush and all.
    Not just me.

Lapdogs: How the Press Rolled Over for Bush, Eric Boehlert 2006, FreePress, Simon&Schuster

You might find it interesting, even though it's not by Beck or Hannity.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Why would we not prosecute crimes commited in the USA, in the USA? Are we so afraid that our system might be imperfect? Do we trually need to take the prosecutions offshore? What, we can't handle it? We have to hide in a foreign country, or a rented military base? We can't take care of ourselves, here, at home? Bring 'em here. Charge them. Try them. Convict them. Execute them. What's so difficult?
    My God, if you wish to be viewed as the pre-eminent moral authority, then act it. Get it over and done with, and move on.
    JD

PS. Substantial enough for you, RK?
    Last edited by JDogger; 11-16-2009 at 09:04 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Why would we not prosecute crimes commited in the USA, in the USA? Are we so afraid that our system might be imperfect? Do we trually need to take the prosecutions offshore? What, we can't handle it? We have to hide in a foreign country, or a rented military base? We can't take care of ourselves, here, at home? Bring 'em here. Charge them. Try them. Convict them. Execute them. What's so difficult?
    My God, if you wish to be viewed as the pre-eminent moral authority, then act it. Get it over and done with, and move on.
    JD

PS. Substantial enough for you, RK?
    Nice post.
    1 flaw.
    Political Activists on the bench.

The terrorists won't be on trial, to RP's glee...the Bush administration will be!!

ACLU regards!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Nice post.
    1 flaw.
    Political Activists on the bench.

The terrorists won't be on trial, to RP's glee...the Bush administration will be!!

ACLU regards!!
    Come on, RK! Don't think there weren't progressives, even liberals killed or had loved ones killed in the 9-11 attack, that would want to see him at the end of a rope!

But, although it would make us feel better to see him stretch a rope, I honestly believe it would be a FAR worse punishment in HIS eyes to spend his life in a hole in the ground, denying him the martyrdom he so desires.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Come on, RK! Don't think there weren't progressives, even liberals killed or had loved ones killed in the 9-11 attack, that would want to see him at the end of a rope!

But, although it would make us feel better to see him stretch a rope, I honestly believe it would be a FAR worse punishment in HIS eyes to spend his life in a hole in the ground, denying him the martyrdom he so desires.
    dnf777, I thought you had my "colorful" posts on ignore.

No, I don't think these guys will get convicted in NYC.
    Even though they have confessed, this will be a circus conducted by the "lame stream" media!

Oh, and the ACLU who have already stated their intentions.
    They are not about convicting terrorists.
    This will be about embarrassing the Bush admin.

Old and cynical regards,
    Stan b & Elvis