The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jobs 'Saved or Created' in Congressional Districts That Don't Exist

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Bet the same people who do the math on the porkulus spending are the ones trying to tell us how much money osamacare will save the country. Figures don't lie, but liars figure.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Nate
    This is JUST a public relations website that allows people to self report.
    We should not discount the impact of public relations with "JUST" ... PR can win and lose elections.

If a politician or political pundit is going to make PR out of "facts" that are not true, the win or loss is then based on pure misinformation.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

LOL! I just read the article ... it's almost like a bad joke!

The recipients reported this stuff, supposedly, but they are excusing that the recipients did not know what Congressional district they were in. Uh? Is it possible that we should not trust a recipient with millions of dollars if they cannot find out what Congressional they are in before reporting?

Not to mention, should this reporting agency be entrusted with $18 million if they can't do a better job than this?

The recovery.gov Web site was established as part of the stimulus bill "to foster greater accountability and transparency" in the use of the money spent through the stimulus program. The site is a well-funded enterprise; the General Services Administration updated it earlier this year with an $18 million grant.
    Most disturbing is the cost per job in the figures reported (even if the jobs really were created in some district somewhere).

TARP has paid for the re-paving of streets and some sidewalk improvements in a local small town near where I live here in PA. The town is right off an Interstate exit. The streets really weren't that bad, but the sidewalks could have used more improvement than they got. They repaired or improved several of the corners' handicapped curbing, but the rest of the sidewalks they did not repair would prove just as challenging to someone with a wheelchair or unsteady on their feet.

The work now appears to be completed. Took just a couple of months. Done. Over.
    Wonder if the workers have other jobs now or back to collecting unemployment checks.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I am thinking that jobs created are the unemployed workers that can stay home and cut the grass.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

The follow-up article is even better.

Aside from the 700 incorrect districts, they have some other peachy mistakes:

1) $790,000 used for a one-time raise for 317 employees in Augusta GA Head Start counted as 317 jobs "saved".

2) $890 grant for 9 pairs of boots for Army Corps of Engineers counted as 9 jobs created?

3) The D Senator who was quoted ... a sewer project in his district said to create 100 jobs when the true number was 5!

Nobody has remarked that abc, cnn are the ones reporting this.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    The stimulus has been spent???? Where???? Where are all the infrastructure rebuilding jobs that were supposed to have been created??????

Can someone point me to an accounting of the stimulus being spent?

Hoping against hope that one exists regards,

kg
    I just have to "out" this. Many millions were given to the Cherokee tribe (I'm part Cherokee) in Oklahoma. I don't care how much of our land and the money paid for it have been lost (or stolen) by the Feds. I don't feel that this should have been given at this time. I am first and foremost an American. I can make my own way the government does not need to help me at this time.

By the way it was on the news that Oklahoma has an extra district or districts just like Ariz. Supposedly money was given to this district or districts. I'd be interested in that info as well as the info you want !!!!!

charly_t

A follow-up analysis piece.

Eric
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...src=newsletter

http://tinyurl.com/ybed2x3

Accounting for stimulus jobs: Be careful what you wish for
    Congress demands elusive figures, then expresses outrage over errors

By Alec MacGillis
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Another day, another flurry of outrage over the jobs numbers claimed by the government for the administration's $787 billion economic stimulus program.

House Appropriations Committee Chairman David R. Obey (D-Wis.) released a blistering statement Tuesday, taking to task flawed data in the federal figures that show $160 billion in spending had created or saved at least 640,000 jobs.

-more-

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    Tell me again how all the money from medicare/medicaid will be saved by reducing fruad and waste

Exactly
    Home Depot a toilet seat is about $10 and any fool can install it themselves.
    US Gooberment a toilet seat cost $2000, and then it takes three government employees to approve the design, three more to approve purchasing it, four more to decide what company they will pay $6000 to install, three more to cut a check to the contractor who does install it, and sixteen more to put information on a website that says this created 1500 jobs in a district that does not exist. I am sure they will do a great job with healthcare……
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke