The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Psalm 109:8

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I vaguely remembe a movie about a president being assassinated, and was turned off by it. Likewise with the Whitehouse being blown up. I do seem to remember conservatives cheering out loud in the theatre for that one. Anyone offended care to comment on that one, since you're so concerned about outrage? Since nobody can even remember the name, that tells how successful or pervasive it was.

Wishing death on anyone like that may be protected under free speech, but so is farting in chruch......legal, but not in good taste.

Someone mentioned my "credibility" being compromised for callin Ms. Palin a mental pygmy.......where does posting death-wishes for the President of the United States fall with the "credibility police"?

Besided, doesn't anyone else find it in poor taste to quote scripture to condone the killing of fellow Christians? I never really considered going to Church and reading the Bible a means to justify killing my fellow man. But then again, as pointed out, only right-wing conservatives attend church or read the Bible. I don't know where I was, sitting in those wooden pews for hours upon hours.
    I did not say it was ok anymore than David Duke says kill (Insert N word), Rev Wright GD America or the drival that Farakkon spews. Even your hate for Bush and Palin. I dont have to like it or condone it to support free speech.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    I did not say it was ok anymore than David Duke says kill (Insert N word), Rev Wright GD America or the drival that Farakkon spews. Even your hate for Bush and Palin. I dont have to like it or condone it to support free speech.
    I may disagree with Mr. Bush and Ms. Palin's policies, and may even express my doubts as to their intellect, but wish HARM on them???? YOU are putting words/thoughts into other people. Please don't do that. I don't wish harm to anyone, unless they're trying to inflict harm on me or my family!

And I support free speech as much as anyone. I was disappointed in the movie that portrayed Bush's death, as well as the WH blowing up, although I sure did hear lots of cheers in the crowd that was bothersome. To display a bumper sticker that was mentioned is in very poor taste, low class, and very childish. Although most children know better than to wish death on someone, so I won't insult children like that.

Edit: Steve, I guess you said my "hate for" Bush and Palin, not that I wanted to harm anyone. My apologies if that is NOT what you implied. As for even "hating" them, I hate their policies, I hate what they're trying to do to our country, but to sit down over a beer with them (or cola), I doubt I would "hate" them personally. As I get older, I waste less and less energy on hating things. Life's too short. Be happy.
    Last edited by dnf777; 11-18-2009 at 02:30 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Henry,
    #1--I doubt and hope that the poster doesn't want anyone to die, having had someone die in my arms, I know that I don't.
    #2--I don't take anything here that serious.
    #3--I doubt that JDogger read the context either, he just jumped on the poster about quoting a book he fears.

Beyond that, my ADD interferes and I can't even remember what we were talking about!!

PEACE my brother!!

BTW......kill anything wth the bow this year??
    I didn't jump on anyone brother Stan. I think I said he would be welcomed here.
    It is generally accepted forum etiquette to introduce yourself in your first post though, mention dogs, then start posting polical humor. His post seemed troll like.

BTW What in the world would cause you to believe I fear the Bible? I don't think I have ever expressed any religious point of view on RTF.

The ADD seems to be affecting more than just your memory

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I didn't jump on anyone brother Stan. I think I said he would be welcomed here.
    It is generally accepted forum etiquette to introduce yourself in your first post though, mention dogs, then start posting polical humor. His post seemed troll like.

BTW What in the world would cause you to believe I fear the Bible? I don't think I have ever expressed any religious point of view on RTF.

The ADD seems to be affecting more than just your memory

JD
    You didn't answer the important question.....did you shoot anything with your bow??
    Last edited by road kill; 11-18-2009 at 01:48 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

was pointing out that this quote, to those familiar with the bible, should be seen as a clear call for the death of the President. The context is what it is. Read the next verse. If you want to present a counter argument or present evidence that I have this wrong, please do so

Sounds more like a reap what you sow kinda thing.
    I see absolutely no call for the presidents death.
    If the poster would have even tried to mean that she would have posted all of psl.109 and even that would be a stretch to mean what you say it means

You forgot psalms 109 verse 7 "WHEN HE IS JUDGED"

As usual people adding to the word and people subtracting from it to make up something up to suit their needs

P

Pete

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    You didn't answer the important question.....did you shoot anything with your bow??
    No, but I once killed a skunk with a rock. Have you?
    I know when I tilt swords here on PP, I always come away feeling a little bit smelly, but then I can't help myself anymore than you I guess. I'm glad you try to keep this all in a humorous vein. I know I do, although some take it all way to seriously.

BTW, you didn't answer my question either. If I fear the Bible? How did you come to this evaluation?

"kill it and grill it" -T. Nugent regards,

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    No, but I once killed a skunk with a rock. Have you?
    I know when I tilt swords here on PP, I always come away feeling a little bit smelly, but then I can't help myself anymore than you I guess. I'm glad you try to keep this all in a humorous vein. I know I do, although some take it all way to seriously.

BTW, you didn't answer my question either. If I fear the Bible? How did you come to this evaluation?

"kill it and grill it" -T. Nugent regards,

JD
    Had fresh backstraps last night!
    The redhead saw "Shemane" whack a buck on TV with her cute pink camo bow.

Now she wants one!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Talking

Whoa!!! I stirred up a wasp nest!
    It was not meant to be a death threat or a politically correct sunday school lesson. It was merely a bumper sticker.

MJM

Quote Originally Posted by MJMontgomery View Post
    Whoa!!! I stirred up a wasp nest!
    It was not meant to be a death threat or a politically correct sunday school lesson. It was merely a bumper sticker.

MJM
    And a very good one at that.
    Bill Davis