The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't know about you...

Default I don't know about you...

but this is getting too close for my comfort.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091118/...lthcare_senate

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    but this is getting too close for my comfort.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091118/...lthcare_senate
    Let me guess, if the republicans introduced the same health care reform, you would be totally for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Let me guess, if the republicans introduced the same health care reform, you would be totally for it.
    I know you'll never understand but this is not a R vs D issue.

Negative. I think for myself, unlike you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Negative. I think for myself, unlike you.
    Now thats funny Is it true you only make right turns?

Now thats funny Is it true you only make right turns?
    Roger, do you know Tommy Chong personally??
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Roger, do you know Tommy Chong personally??
    No and I don't know his brother Cheech either.

They need 60 votes to move it to the floor .. but once there only 51 to pass whatever they dream up.

To make a change this dramatic ... first they should have fixed the things that don't work in the system we have today. Concentrate on the fraud, abuse, tort reform and covering those people who really want to buy coverage by expanding Medicaid with Fed grants for that purpose.

Simultaneously, set up a task force made up of citizen representatives, consumer advocates, medical/hospital/pharma representatives, legislators to come up with something that will work better than the present system.

I simply have no confidence that legislation "rushed" as this legislation is being attempted will come up with a new system that truly works. Not to mention that the legislation will be passed without really knowing what the final parts of a "basic" plan will really be. The bureaucrats will fill in the blanks as they go along.

People seem to ignore the numbers work by collecting funds before money is expended. It's those years of collecting $ without any payouts that make those numbers work for the first 10 years. After the first 10 years costs go up dramatically. This kind of accounting shell game is reminiscent of the banking shenanigans that led to the financial crisis.

In fairness, the study of the issue should have begun long before now. Not doing so was irresponsible. Who should have been doing this in-depth, detailed study? In my mind, it should have been those who felt this was an issue of critical importance.

I believe that if O campaigned on this issue being central to "change", then he should have had people working on it long ago. He should not have had to cut a deal with pharma while the legislation was underway. The Ds should not have had to wait till the 11th hour to deal with delaying the reduction in Medicare reimbursements to doctors. Since the Ds did have congressional control for 2 years, they should have been formulating something better than the mishmash they are dealing with now.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Medicare needed to fix its financial situation, especially with the baby boomers coming to retirement age. The D congress could have been working on that for the past two years as well.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

considering what a wonderful cost effective job that the Fed is doing delivering the mail, they don't need to be screwing with the health care system at all.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Olympia Snowe and Joe Lieberman are carrying the banner...no pressure, folks....

58 votes doesn't get it done regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.