The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't know about you...

ok, the prevalent opinion here is that it's a piece of crap.

where are the proposed legislative changes put forth by the opposition? tort reform, etc....

where i work if an idea is crap, you offer an alternative.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post

where are the proposed legislative changes put forth by the opposition? tort reform, etc....

Where I work if an idea is a piece of crap you don't spread it on a piece of bread and serve it up as a meal.

Tort reform! That's part of the answer. You said it yourself. But the democrat party is beholden to the trial lawyers.

We live in Cuba now.

The CBO (Congeessional Budget Office) calculated the total cost of Health Care not just ten years as the supporters of the Bill would like us to believe. They announced the total cost would add 2.7 trillion to the National debt.
    Last edited by Richard Halstead; 11-20-2009 at 01:49 PM.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

but the way to prove something is not a good idea is to modify it or scrap it and offer an alternative based on facts and research, not just bash it and walk away.

10% plus or minus of the U.S. POPULATION IS UNINSURED. a percentage unknown to me is underinsured. these are the people we end up paying for when they show up at the emergency rooms anyway. what is that cost? plus, they bog down the emergency services by addressing non-emergency health issues in this manner. they can't be denied services by virtue of state and federal law. they're not going to stop, either.

all i asked for is the ideas those opposed to the bill in question have for addressing the issue.
    do they truly have none, or do we just not hear about them?-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

all i asked for is the ideas those opposed to the bill in question have for addressing the issue.
    The latter. It's often hard for a powerless minority to get much media traction (unless of course one of them writes a book and then 11 AP reporters will have all sorts of interest). Here's the CBO's take on the GOP plan: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/op...-69270747.html
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

The country I live in, if it's unconstitutional it suppose to be scrapped. It's not the government's job to give you and me health insurance. Supporters really need to go back to their U.S. history books and review how and why this country was founded.
    Last edited by WaterDogRem; 11-20-2009 at 04:38 PM.

but the way to prove something is not a good idea is to modify it or scrap it and offer an alternative based on facts and research, not just bash it and walk away.

10% plus or minus of the U.S. POPULATION IS UNINSURED. a percentage unknown to me is underinsured. these are the people we end up paying for when they show up at the emergency rooms anyway. what is that cost? plus, they bog down the emergency services by addressing non-emergency health issues in this manner. they can't be denied services by virtue of state and federal law. they're not going to stop, either.

I am not the GOP but here is a idea. If 10% is the number than just raise everyones ins cost by 10% Done leave the gooberment out of it otherwise it will be 200% or more with 1/2 the coverage.

Mcdonalds can sell my lunch for 5 bucks and I can customize it in 30 seconds. The DMV takes 30 to 60 minutes to give me a pre printed sticker that cost about a nickel and charge me a 14 dollar handling fee plus the state and fed ad ons.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Halstead View Post
    The CBO (Congeessional Budget Office) calculated the total cost of Health Care not just ten years as the supporters of the Bill would like us to believe. They announced the total cost would add 2.7 trillion to the National debt.
    60 people are going to bankrupt us all if this passes.....

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    60 people are going to bankrupt us all if this passes.....

kg
    The bad thing is, they know it but don't care...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    The bad thing is, they know it but don't care...
    It is all a part of spreading the wealth. By the time Obama and the Dems are finished, we will all be poor.

We live in Cuba now is becoming one of my favorite lines, sad but true!

Our own Dem Sen. Mary Landreau is being bombarded with, "do not support this bill or else". She knows that if she supports this piece of crap legislation that she is finished.

BTW, the Republicans have offered solutions like Health Insurance Reform, Tort reform and other ideas. Trial Lawyers contribute too much $ to the Dems for the Dems to touch Tort Reform.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.