The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: McCain adviser: Palinís book is fiction

Funny to see how much this woman scares the Left and especially RP, otherwise we wouldn't hear much about her.

Ive watched her on a couple of interviews.
    I think she is starting to unravel . I think its weird when bigs crowds come out to cheer for someone for doing nothing. If she was a 3 hundred pound gray haired lady no one would give a hoot.
    her following reminds me of Obama's. he travels around trying to get in front of a camera so his droolers can make goo goo eyes at him.

She is probably a nice lady caught up in the moment.
    I know for sure now that she is not presidential material but neither is Obama,, so whats your point.
    Sara'a not a narcisist,, Obama without a doubt is. Other than that they both look good in front of a camera.

The difference between the two, from what we can see, is that Palin is asked the tough questions during interviews and Obama seems to get past them. hmmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by weberpal78 View Post
    The difference between the two, from what we can see, is that Palin is asked the tough questions during interviews and Obama seems to get past them. hmmmm.....
    Obama gives the reporters the 'stare' when they ask him tough questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfOFh...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    You need to realize that it isn't news unless it comes from:

Fox
    The National Review
    World Net Daily
    American Thinker
    The New York Post
    Washington Times
    Wall Street Journal

None of the others count.
    Don't forget the mouth of Rush.....

or his other end.....the same stuff comes out of each!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Palin photographer breached contract with sale to Newsweek
    Jeff Bercovici
    Nov 18th 2009 at 2:

What on earth was Sarah Palin thinking when she posed in a pair of teeny-tiny gym shorts for a photograph that ended up on the cover of Newsweek -- a cover she has called "sexist"? Perhaps she was thinking that her image would only appear in the magazine she was posing for, Runner's World, and nowhere else, at least not for months and months. If so, she had good reason -- since, as DailyFinance has learned, the photographer who shot the picture violated his contract by reselling them to Newsweek.

That photographer, Brian Adams, could not immediately be reached, and his agent, Kelly Price, declined to comment, saying, "I keep all of my clients' business private." But a spokeswoman for Runner's World confirms that Adams's contract contained a clause stipulating that his photos of Palin would be under embargo for a period of one year following publication -- meaning until August 2010. "Runner's World did not provide Newsweek with its cover image," the spokeswoman said. "It was provided to Newsweek by the photographer's stock agency, without Runner's World's knowledge or permission." The spokeswoman declined to say whether Runner's World intends to respond to Adams's breach of contract with legal action.

But while Newsweek's use of the photo violated the embargo, it's not clear to what extent Adams is at fault. A source with knowledge of the situation says multiple outlets, including Time, approached Runner's World after the photos first appeared on its website in July to inquire about obtaining the reuse rights. Those who inquired were forwarded to Adams. Editors at the magazine were aware of negotiations to resell the pictures, and were primarily concerned to see that Runner's World received prominent credit, says the source. In the event, Newsweek credited Runner's World right on its cover. Another source says there is some disagreement over whether the exclusivity clause in Adams's contract is meant to cover all magazines or only titles that compete with Runner's World. Meanwhile, a post on Adams's blog seems to suggest he didn't know about the resale to Newsweek until after Price concluded it. "

HMMMMMM..........
    As a photographer, I pay some attention to laws governing use of photographs as well as contract limitations. Any commitment made by the photographer to embargo a photograph would only be relevant to the photographer and the magazine. Palin has no control over the use unless the release she signed initially restricted the use explicitly. A release is actually only needed because the photo appears on the cover or if it is specifically used to promote sales. Otherwise, no release is needed unless the photograph is obtained illegally or its publication involves an inherent invasion of privacy (e.g. photographing a nekkid RTF'er rolling in the snow or taking a shower....). As a public figure, Palin is deemed to have fewer rights to restrict use than a private citizen, raising the question of whether or not a release would be required even for use on the cover. Personally, she looks good enough that I suspect that photo gained more votes than it lost. I'm home again and won't head back to the National until Friday.

Banned

New use for Sarah Palin's book

It is a 400 page book that can do serious damage to wolves when thrown from a helicpoter.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 11-19-2009 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post

It is a 400 page book that can do damage to wolves when thrown from a helicpoter.
    Yeah, especially if they read it!

I've read memoirs from Carter, Reagan, HW Bush, Clinton, probably will get around to GWB. Sarah, NEVER. One, she is a loser. Two, she is a quitter. Those two groups usually have nothing to offer, and I can't understand why either group would write a book, other than to whine and make excuses.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post

It is a 400 page book that can do serious damage to wolves when thrown from a helicpoter.

Awesome RP!!

Imagine you could hunt elephants with the 2,074 page crap on the senate floor right now!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Awesome RP!!

Imagine you could hunt elephants with the 2,074 page crap on the senate floor right now!!

POW ..POW.....OWNED
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"