The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: McCain adviser: Palinís book is fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Clearly, you are not a biologist, so as described in this article you would be a great adviser to Sarah Palin on wolf management and other wildlife management issues. She did not listen to biologists.

http://audubonmagazine.org/incite/incite0907.html
    This thread is not about biologists or wolves, so go start your own. This is about Palin's book.

Had to beat RP to it regards,

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts988

Roger, JDog, etc... Please take notice. I am posting something not positive about FOX and a republican-AT THE SAME TIME!

Although it does say something about MSNBC at the end as well...

I wanted to beat Roger to this as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Clearly, you are not a biologist, so as described in this article you would be a great adviser to Sarah Palin on wolf management and other wildlife management issues. She did not listen to biologists.

http://audubonmagazine.org/incite/incite0907.html
    Clearly you have not spent much time in Alaska, just like the writers of much of the propaganda on wolf control.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    The throwing a book at wolves started as a joke but as usual you did not take it that way so here is a piece of information that is not a joke.

Sarah Palin, the governor of Alaska and John McCain's vice presidential pick, is an enthusiastic hunter who has proposed legislation and cash incentives to encourage aerial wolf gunning, the controversial practice of shooting wolves from an aircraft. Do people in Alaska really shoot wolves from planes?

Wolves in alaska protected? I think not.
    Why would we need to protect wolves? Wolves are more than abundant in Alaska....
    The state of alaska is doing a very good job of managing it's wildlife, and I, for one, am glad for the aerial wolf hunting program (which is also not nearly like what you 'think' it is)....The predator management program is showing that it is working....cutting the number of wolves to a level which allows ungulates a little more chance at survival..THere are currently also very liberal black bear regulations in effect in a majority of the state...black bears are the most devastating to spring moose calf populations.....

outsiders have absolutely NO CLUE as to the immensity of this state...nor the importance of moose and caribou to the people who live in rural areas....

oh, and BTW, while elephants may indeed be protected, they can also, legally, be hunted in several places in Africa....they are in no way shape or form in danger of becoming extinct.

Juli
    God answers prayers all the time. Even the ones we don't know we asked. God is Good (always)

"There are only two ways to live your life.
    One is as though nothing is a miracle.
    The other is as though everything is a miracle."

- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Juli H View Post
    Why would we need to protect wolves? Wolves are more than abundant in Alaska....
    The state of alaska is doing a very good job of managing it's wildlife, and I, for one, am glad for the aerial wolf hunting program (which is also not nearly like what you 'think' it is)....The predator management program is showing that it is working....cutting the number of wolves to a level which allows ungulates a little more chance at survival..THere are currently also very liberal black bear regulations in effect in a majority of the state...black bears are the most devastating to spring moose calf populations.....

outsiders have absolutely NO CLUE as to the immensity of this state...nor the importance of moose and caribou to the people who live in rural areas....

oh, and BTW, while elephants may indeed be protected, they can also, legally, be hunted in several places in Africa....they are in no way shape or form in danger of becoming extinct.

Juli
    Amen! and pass the ammunition!
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    "Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!"
    Pssst...hey, Rog...Factcheck.org doesn't buy your supposed quote of Bush. Just a little fyi. http://www.factcheck.org/askfactchec...itution_a.html
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Pssst...hey, Rog...Factcheck.org doesn't buy your supposed quote of Bush. Just a little fyi. http://www.factcheck.org/askfactchec...itution_a.html
    This was brought up a few days ago. I think Roger said that there was no proof that he didn't say it, so he believed it... Or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    This was brought up a few days ago. I think Roger said that there was no proof that he didn't say it, so he believed it... Or something along those lines.

Say it enough times and you believe it.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Originally Posted by Roger Perry
    "Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!"

Hey guys, he just does it to irritate you, successfully too.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

"Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan