The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Anyone Notice

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Default Anyone Notice

Last night on NBC’s evening news they had a segment on BHO in China. The film as obviously a photo opp of him “walking alone on the Great Wall”. The interesting part to me was that in this obviously set-up “walk” there is a big billboard type sign in the background that says “One World, One Dream”. I find it interesting, but not surprising, that this was chosen as the backdrop. Seriously, the wall is how long and they chose this particular spot to film him? I am sure any of you who have ever been involved in filming of anything with professionals, nothing is left to chance. There is no way in hell that the “One World” sign just happened to be in the shot. Makes you wonder. Can’t wait for one world just like China……
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Unless things CHANGE, I don't want to see what our world and dream will be like in the future. China will continue to grow at our expense unless we can produce products as good as or better than them for a price that is <= to what it costs to purchase a product produced in China and shipped to the US.
    I guess that would mean some people would have to work for a wage less than an inflated union wage. There I hit one faction, lets hit the other. We also need to keep jobs here. Of course we tax our companies into moving overseas. But what about the other problem? Salaries. No offense to anyone here. But if you make, lets say for a starting point, $500K or above, if you made only $300K, and you did that for all exces in your company, how many jobs that your company ships overseas could stay here? Would it really impact your life style or retirement? All of these states that are having monetary problems. How much of it due to the skewed pay both at the top and bottom? Most services being provided by the govt are needed. It is the price of that service that is causing the problem.
    That should cause some discussion. There I've said my peace. Which dream do you want? One where America is economically strong or one where we weaken ourselves due to greed?
    Greg W.

Brooks Black Gold At Briarwood JH (Louie)
    Brandywine's Belle on Wheels JH (Belle)
    Serengetti Sadie O'Brandywine SH -MH passes (Sadie)
    CH Brandywine's Westdale Duggan MH (Duggan)
    CH Alpenglo's Jasmine O'Brooks JH CD (Jasmine)
    Brandywine's Flagship SH (Brandy)

Quote Originally Posted by brandywinelabs View Post
    But if you make, lets say for a starting point, $500K or above, if you made only $300K, and you did that for all exces in your company, how many jobs that your company ships overseas could stay here? Would it really impact your life style or retirement? ?
    Better get your flame suit on! THAT is redistribution of wealth!

I get your point though. We CAN make better products than the Chinese, but we cannot make them cheaper unless we:

1) pay our workers in rice bags and straw hats, and the working class in America is willing to accept NO benefits, NO bonuses, NO livable wages, and are willing to live at the same standards as thier Chinese counterparts.

2) Chinese laborers organize (union or otherwise) and raise the cost of their production closer to ours.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Some of the first so called green jobs in the spendulous are 3000 jobs (created or saved) in china to make windmills here in the USA WTF

I got to say Cuba better beaf up thier coast guard
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Better get your flame suit on! THAT is redistribution of wealth!

I get your point though. We CAN make better products than the Chinese, but we cannot make them cheaper unless we:

1) pay our workers in rice bags and straw hats, and the working class in America is willing to accept NO benefits, NO bonuses, NO livable wages, and are willing to live at the same standards as thier Chinese counterparts.

2) Chinese laborers organize (union or otherwise) and raise the cost of their production closer to ours.
    Even the illeagles wont work in the conditions and pay as the Chinese
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

I believe true redistribution of wealth only applies to the people making the big bucks. If the pay scale changes so does the cost of goods and cost of living. Everything should skew back to normal. So those making lower salaries should be able to have a good life. No one should have to work for peanuts. But you should be paid what your are worth. Unskilled, skilled, tech training, college, etc. As an example, if you drive a truck for the state, don't expect to get paid $25.00 per hour. A vast majority of the population is capable of attaining a CDL and driving a truck.
    Greg W.

Brooks Black Gold At Briarwood JH (Louie)
    Brandywine's Belle on Wheels JH (Belle)
    Serengetti Sadie O'Brandywine SH -MH passes (Sadie)
    CH Brandywine's Westdale Duggan MH (Duggan)
    CH Alpenglo's Jasmine O'Brooks JH CD (Jasmine)
    Brandywine's Flagship SH (Brandy)

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

I believe true redistribution of wealth only applies to the people making the big bucks. If the pay scale changes so does the cost of goods and cost of living. Everything should skew back to normal. So those making lower salaries should be able to have a good life. No one should have to work for peanuts. But you should be paid what your are worth. Unskilled, skilled, tech training, college, etc. As an example, if you drive a truck for the state, don't expect to get paid $25.00 per hour. A vast majority of the population is capable of attaining a CDL and driving a truck.
    I believe you make what you are worth for the most part. The top end earns what they get and I don't want to take any from them. As far as the truck driver making $25 an hour I agree, but I contend this is due in most part to UNIONS holding state/feds/companies hostage and forcing such a high rate of pay. When I owned my construction business (dyrwall and plastering) EVERYONE, with few exceptions did piece work. My guys made about $20-40/hr. The average wage at the time by the hour was $15. My workers made more money, I made more money and everyone was very happy and did great work (or they did not get paid for it). It is funny how hard one will work if the reward is higher and the work produced was far better than I ever got from guys being paid by the hour because they got the same for whatever they did regardless of good, bad, slow, or fast.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Problem is, almost everything Congress is doing crushes private business. Of course no one should have to work for peanuts, but the regulations and taxes being levied on businesses is making it unlikely anyone could get a job, even if they were willing to work on peanuts (figuratively speaking.)