The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: Obama is worse than Bush

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    With all the Obongo supporters on this site, can one of you list one of his accomplishments?
    Bush had 8 years in office can you name one of his accomplishments that made this country better off from the beginning of his term to the end of his term?
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 11-23-2009 at 05:42 PM.

  2. #12
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    Roger

    after repeated attacks (USS Cole, our embasies, the first attack on the World Trade Center, attacks on our and our allies aircraft in the no fly zone, etc.) during the previous administration he prevented us from being attacked after 9/11.
    subroc

    Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Roger

    after repeated attacks (USS Cole, our embasies, the first attack on the World Trade Center, attacks on our and our allies aircraft in the no fly zone, etc.) during the previous administration he prevented us from being attacked after 9/11.
    So, what you are saying, he accomplished nothing in 8 years except kept us from being attacked after 9/11. Some resume there.

    Where was the protection before 9/11?

    A few accomplishments by Obama who has been in office only 10 months:
    Domestic Policy
    Much of this starts with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Part of this act is 5 billion for Head Start and other child care initiatives and existing programs, and 1.4 billion to strengthen the Department of Veteran Affairs.
    He wisely signed a number of important initiatives-turned-law originating in the Democratic run congress, including one that extends health insurance coverage to low-income children, and, to allow more people to afford college, a tax credit to offset tuition costs:
    $2,500 tax credit to help offset the cost of tuition (among other expenses) for those seeking a college education. Nearly five million families are expected to save $9 billion, according to Treasury officials.
    Obama created a White House Urban Affairs office to strengthen U.S. cities. In addition to listening to and acting on the concerns of the U.S. Conference of Mayors, and securing for the DOJ 2 billion in Byrne Grants targeting anti-gang and illegal gun control:
    The Administration also included an Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant – conceived by The U.S. Conference of Mayors and the top priority in the mayors’ Ten Point Plan — in the Recovery Bill. This Grant positions cities to receive an unprecedented $2.8 billion, and supports mayoral efforts to meet the goals of the Mayors’ Climate Protection Agreement, which commits cities to meet Kyoto Protocol Standards by 2012. Nearly 950 mayors have already signed the agreement and are working to make their cities energy efficient.
    The so-called “Cash for Clunkers” program kept many people in the automotive industry employed and managed to rid the roads of overly-polluting vehicles.
    By Executive Order, Obama revoked the stem-cell research limitations imposed by the Bush administration.

  4. #14
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    cash for clunkers...really Roger. An accomplishment?

    The term "overly-polluting vehicles" to describe the US fleet, even prior to "cash for clunkers" is silly. We have had emmision controls in place since the 70s.
    subroc

    Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  5. #15
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    He has gotten Gingrich & Sharpton to work together on education. Nothing short of a miracle.

    Most importantly, his election resulted in the defeat of McCain/Palin.

    I shudder.

    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    cash for clunkers...really Roger. An accomplishment?

    The term "overly-polluting vehicles" to describe the US fleet, even prior to "cash for clunkers" is silly. We have had emmision controls in place since the 70s.
    Well, it sounds to me as if Obama has accomplished more in 10 months than Bush did in 8 years

  7. #17
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    If you consider what Bush did "accomplishments", then we can all pray that Obama is an "underacheiver" in order to save the country!!

    We can't afford any more "accomplishments"!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    So, what you are saying, he accomplished nothing in 8 years except kept us from being attacked after 9/11. Some resume there.

    Where was the protection before 9/11?

    A few accomplishments by Obama who has been in office only 10 months:
    Domestic Policy
    Much of this starts with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Part of this act is 5 billion for Head Start and other child care initiatives and existing programs, and 1.4 billion to strengthen the Department of Veteran Affairs.
    He wisely signed a number of important initiatives-turned-law originating in the Democratic run congress, including one that extends health insurance coverage to low-income children, and, to allow more people to afford college, a tax credit to offset tuition costs:
    $2,500 tax credit to help offset the cost of tuition (among other expenses) for those seeking a college education. Nearly five million families are expected to save $9 billion, according to Treasury officials.
    Obama created a White House Urban Affairs office to strengthen U.S. cities. In addition to listening to and acting on the concerns of the U.S. Conference of Mayors, and securing for the DOJ 2 billion in Byrne Grants targeting anti-gang and illegal gun control:
    The Administration also included an Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant – conceived by The U.S. Conference of Mayors and the top priority in the mayors’ Ten Point Plan — in the Recovery Bill. This Grant positions cities to receive an unprecedented $2.8 billion, and supports mayoral efforts to meet the goals of the Mayors’ Climate Protection Agreement, which commits cities to meet Kyoto Protocol Standards by 2012. Nearly 950 mayors have already signed the agreement and are working to make their cities energy efficient.
    The so-called “Cash for Clunkers” program kept many people in the automotive industry employed and managed to rid the roads of overly-polluting vehicles.
    By Executive Order, Obama revoked the stem-cell research limitations imposed by the Bush administration.
    What your saying or should I say your source the ,Huffinton Post is saying, he has thrown billions of dollars at several problems with no results that can be measured yet.

    The only thing that he has accomplished has been the cash for clunkers that was mismanaged from the start and in the long run will have zero effect on the employment of auto workers, yet cost billions.
    As far as getting polluting cars off the road, that is suspect, since most people traded in cars that still had good emissions systems but that were not worth more then the $4000 they got in the program so it became just another welfare program of the government. Kind of like the guy here that went out and bought a SUV with our money.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,089

    Default

    The real estate tax credit:

    Spoke to a fellow whose daughter qualified for the tax credit. She went to fill out and submit the form required (you don't necessarily have to wait to file your taxes). She was told it would take 6 to 8 months to get through the process!

    The reasons ... 1) There has been a lot of fraud in the program, so processing is being more cautious (or so she was told). 2) Some real estate agents/mortgage officers were telling the people to submit their forms early, before the settlement had occurred). She was told that a settlement sheet had to be included with the form. Oops! Seems that wasn't put in the written regulations anywhere, but has become part of the submission process ... somehow.

    The settlement sheet thing is very obvious. OTOH, that could also be "made up" rather easily. In order to validate the claims for this program, the govt will actually have to get proof from public tax records that a particular property exists; and that a sale actually took place. Wonder how long that will take!!

    Unless the IRS/Fed goes directly to the local authority for this information, any of it could be fabricated by someone. Just make up a fraudulent settlement sheet for a non-existent property, and grab your $8000. Instead of just a settlement sheet, they should have had a form for the recording authorities, with a notary-type "seal", to fill out and send back to the buyers with their deeds (which are mailed to the buyers after they are recorded). It might have helped if they had gotten some advice from someone who knew about real estate transactions
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    What your saying or should I say your source the ,Huffinton Post is saying, he has thrown billions of dollars at several problems with no results that can be measured yet.

    The only thing that he has accomplished has been the cash for clunkers that was mismanaged from the start and in the long run will have zero effect on the employment of auto workers, yet cost billions.
    As far as getting polluting cars off the road, that is suspect, since most people traded in cars that still had good emissions systems but that were not worth more then the $4000 they got in the program so it became just another welfare program of the government. Kind of like the guy here that went out and bought a SUV with our money.
    The Huffinton Post has been quoted here quite a few times by the right wingers here.

    By the way didn't the Obama team just arrest terrorists here in the U.S. just recently?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •