The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama is worse than Bush

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDogRem View Post
    So are you giving Obama ownership from now forward?
    Roger.......??

Where was the protection before 9/11? quote from roger perry.

Why don't you ask the dems who were in office at the time this was being planned? Surely you don't think this was planned after GWB took office. But not once did he try to put the blame on the previous admin. He sucked it up, played the hand he was dealt. I might could respect your man more if he would follow suit and man up, quit whining about "what he inherited". Last time I checked, he decided to run for pres, no one asked him to. You know what, I really wouldn't respect him more.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    If you consider what Bush did "accomplishments", then we can all pray that Obama is an "underacheiver" in order to save the country!!

We can't afford any more "accomplishments"!
    With all the money YOUR guy has spent in 10 months, how can you make this statement and expect to have any credibility on this site. He has spent more money in the first 9 months of his term than any other pres.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Bush had 8 years in office can you name one of his accomplishments that made this country better off from the beginning of his term to the end of his term?
    You asked for one thing. So I wrote:

after repeated attacks (USS Cole, our embasies, the first attack on the World Trade Center, attacks on our and our allies aircraft in the no fly zone, etc.) during the previous administration he prevented us from being attacked after 9/11.
    Your response:

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    So, what you are saying, he accomplished nothing in 8 years except kept us from being attacked after 9/11. Some resume there....
    I guess I could go on about no child left behind, getting us out of Kyoto, which I think was good, prescription drugs which I thing was probably bad, he shored up second amendment rights, which was great. His accomplshments are many. If your hate could get out of the way, you would see them. Many of them, you, as a leftie would agree with far more than me.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

NY Times on the current detainee situation in A'stan

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/29/wo...ed=1&th&emc=th[

Honeymoon with the press over?

This article would imply that the press now expects O to take ownership of how he handles things on his own watch.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    With all the money YOUR guy has spent in 10 months, how can you make this statement and expect to have any credibility on this site. He has spent more money in the first 9 months of his term than any other pres.
    How can you keep calling him "my guy" and expect to have any credibility. He's NOT my guy. So far, he has only continued the flawed policies of Mr. Bush....record gov't spending, wars with no strategy, and expansion of gov't powers. My guy was pushed out of the discussion by the major parties and corporate influence that don't want anything to do with a true independent ever getting in office. God forbid we may have meaningful campaign finance reform and curtailing of lobbyists' control over gov't.

I keep falling victim to the "you're either EXACTLY like us, or your against us" attitude of the new republican party. Both major parties are beyond moronic and selfish....both seem hell-bent of self destruction, however the ONLY thing they seem competent to accomplish is to squash any third, independent party effort to make inroads to American gov't.
    Last edited by dnf777; 11-29-2009 at 09:41 AM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    How can you keep calling him "my guy" and expect to have any credibility. He's NOT my guy. So far, he has only continued the flawed policies of Mr. Bush....record gov't spending, wars with no strategy, and expansion of gov't powers. My guy was pushed out of the discussion by the major parties and corporate influence that don't want anything to do with a true independent ever getting in office. God forbid we may have meaningful campaign finance reform and curtailing of lobbyists' control over gov't.

I keep falling victim to the "you're either EXACTLY like us, or your against us" attitude of the new republican party. Both major parties are beyond moronic and selfish....both seem hell-bent of self destruction, however the ONLY thing they seem competent to accomplish is to squash any third, independent party effort to make inroads to American gov't.
    I didn't get that at all, not at all.

I think we call him "YOUR GUY" cause you voted for HIM!!

In regards to being "exactly like us," that would mean respecting life, smaller Govt, less taxes, fiscal responsibility, economic recovery, gun owners rights, liberty & freedom, do the right thing for us in Washington etc.

The things "your guy" is doing run contrary to the things that matter to us.
    You...not so much.

I think the reason some voted for "your guy" is because President Bush went outside many of the tenants the "New Republican Party" has held for decades.

Nice effort though.......
    Stan b & Elvis

First, I have only called him your guy once.( Refer to above post). Second, you seem to have a great disdain for everything GWB did or, in your eyes, failed to do. I guess that is why.

When even CNN reports that CFC cost taxpayers $24,000 for each car purchased, do you really want to keep bragging about it.
    http://money.cnn.com/2009/10/28/auto...kers_analysis/

Then, the most common reported swap is an old Ford F-150 @ 15 mpg for a NEW F-150 @ 17. That's really going to save the planet!
    http://www.allbusiness.com/automotiv...3395162-1.html

And then the DOT's list of top sales had to do some fancy footwork to come up w/ the numbers they wanted. Sounds kind of like all the new Congressional districts created by the "stimulus" reporting group.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I think we call him "YOUR GUY" cause you voted for HIM!!
    Jeez....do you have cameras in the voting booths? What else do you know about me??

BTW, you're wrong.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!