The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lou Dobbs for POTUS in 2012

Default Lou Dobbs for POTUS in 2012

from Fox News:
    Former populist CNN anchor Lou Dobbs said Monday he isn't ruling out a presidential run.

Dobbs, who resigned from CNN in November after nearly three decades with the network, suggested in a radio interview with WTOP in Washington, D.C., that he's eyeing a future in politics.

"What's so crazy about that?" Dobbs quipped when asked about a possible presidential run. "It's one of the discussions that we're having."

"For the first time, I'm actually listening to some people about, about politics," he said. "We've got to do something in this country."

Support for Dobbs as a presidential contender took form on the Internet well before the veteran newsman announced his departure from CNN, where he worked as anchor and managing editor of "Lou Dobb's Tonight."

The Web site, "loudobbsforpresident.org," launched in January 2009 to rally support for a possible 2012 presidential run.

"Lou Dobbs would make a good president because he is truly a man of the people," the Web site's founder, William Gheen, told FoxNews.com Monday.

Gheen, who also heads Americans for Legal Immigration, said Dobbs "has been more in line with the American public on issues like global trade, homeland security and illegal immigration than either of the Democrats or Republicans we have been offered in the last nine years."

"People are looking for something fresh and new," he said.

Kheen said that 3,000 people pledged over $600,000 for a possible Dobbs presidential run when his Web site launched last January.
    I think he would make a very good candidate
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Very interesting. It'll be interesting to see if a third party can survive with a viable candidate.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Didn't he work at cnn his whole adult life...
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Didn't he work at cnn his whole adult life...

the country has voted for politicians with a whole lot less credentials than Dobbs..At least he is probably better informed on the issues than most of the career politicians in office today..

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

If the Republican party trully wishs to regain pre-eminence in American politics, they need to come up with a serious, viable, and broadly appealing Presidential candidate, and soon.

A Dobbs/Palin slate is not it.

Sooner or later, the Obama administration will make gains, and by then it may well be to late for the R's.

If the American people are lucky, we may see the coming of an independent third party with few ties to the R&D's.

What used to work, no longer works.

JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 11-23-2009 at 06:39 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    If the Republican party trully wishs to regain pre-eminence in American politics, they need to come up with a serious, viable, and broadly appealing Presidential candidate, and soon.

Sooner or later, the Obama administration will make gains, and by then it may well be to late for the R's.

If the American people are lucky, we may see the coming of an independent third party with few ties to the R&D's.

JD
    I agree with your last statement...and as much as I like Sarah Palin, she is NOT the option this country needs...

whats the old song...." how you gonna keep her down on the farm ? after she's seen DC "

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post

JD

In what way would that appeal to you? From your continued defence of Ds and advocation of most D and left wing policy how would you improvce it?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

[quote=subroc;528400]In what way would that appeal to you? Slow down your typing, Joe. I assume you mean a third party? Well, the appeal might be that since neither the R & D's have done anything that I would consider 'improvement' in the last several Administrations, that it might be timely to consider third party options. From your continued defence of Ds and advocation of most D and left wing policy how would you improvce it?
    I think I just gave my answer above. JD [/quote]

BTW, I've asked you before to cite the instances where I defended Obama or the D's. You never did. I have started a handful of posts on RTF in the past. I mostly comment on posts and threads with which I do not agree or find obtuse.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

FWIW - I like Lou Dobbs.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Quote Originally Posted by kjrice View Post
    FWIW - I like Lou Dobbs.
    I know what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, 'nuff said', huh?

JD