The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51

Thread: USN Seals Debacle

  1. #41
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Ok Hew, again, watch how EASY this is:

    Clinton and Bush acted legally, but less than honorably in avoidance of his service, both using power and influence to avoid going to war.

    There, I have no problem admitting that.

    For a third time, can you admit the same?? Or are you going to cling to your Messiah?
    If I am not mistaken, President Bush recieved an "Honorable Discharge."

    How would that be "less than honorable?"

    Just askin........

    (it's a rhetorical question, I already know the answer)
    Stan b & Elvis

  2. #42
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    If I am not mistaken, President Bush recieved an "Honorable Discharge."

    How would that be "less than honorable?"

    Just askin........

    (it's a rhetorical question, I already know the answer)
    If that works for you, fine.
    Just let me know where and how I can get my son that kind of deal so he doesn't have to serve if he chooses not to.

    You served if I remember, right? What would have happened to you if you "failed to report" for duty, and skipped a physical exam? Honorable discharge?

    Just askin.....
    It's also rhetorical. I too, already know the answer.

    have a good one,
    dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  3. #43
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    If that works for you, fine.
    Just let me know where and how I can get my son that kind of deal so he doesn't have to serve if he chooses not to.

    You served if I remember, right? What would have happened to you if you "failed to report" for duty, and skipped a physical exam? Honorable discharge?

    Just askin.....
    It's also rhetorical. I too, already know the answer.

    have a good one,
    dave
    In my service we had ships and boats.
    You knew when the next movement was, it was all but tattood on your forehead.
    I don't think we ever got under way where some dolt didn't"Miss a Movement."
    Not a smart thing to do.

    I was a small boat coxswain, my crew was tight, we didn't have those issues.
    But if a guy got an Honorable, then he got it.
    It didn't matter if we "HATED" him or not.
    (you know, like you and RP do President Bush?)


    Honorable Discharge regards!!
    Stan b & Elvis

  4. #44
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    In my service we had ships and boats.
    You knew when the next movement was, it was all but tattood on your forehead.
    I don't think we ever got under way where some dolt didn't"Miss a Movement."
    Not a smart thing to do.

    I was a small boat coxswain, my crew was tight, we didn't have those issues.
    But if a guy got an Honorable, then he got it.
    It didn't matter if we "HATED" him or not.
    (you know, like you and RP do President Bush?)


    Honorable Discharge regards!!
    I'm sure it doesn't happen very often. And I'm sure the Air Force makes duty stations and reporting orders abundantly clear, as does the Army and Navy. But you didn't answer my question. What would happen if you DID miss a duty station, or failed to report, or missed a movement? Would you skate away and be discharged honorably? Somehow, I doubt it.

    and BTW, I'm too old to hate anymore. Unless it's really warranted. Hate burns too much energy, and I'm saving what energy I have for friends, dogs, family and 16oz curls. (not necessarily in that order)

    Cheers my friend, maybe we oughta let this one go....

    dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  5. #45
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    President George W. Bush served in the military honorably and his honorable discharge is proof of that. Any other point is without merit.
    subroc

    Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Hew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Ok Hew, again, watch how EASY this is:

    Clinton and Bush acted legally, but less than honorably in avoidance of his service, both using power and influence to avoid going to war.

    There, I have no problem admitting that.

    For a third time, can you admit the same?? Or are you going to cling to your Messiah?
    Hmmm...how did our conversation turn? As I recall, we were discussing whether your "facts" about Clinton were make-believe. As it turns out, they were (SURPRISE!!!). Again, I often don't bother to intrude upon your fantasies (eg...your ad nasuem, oft-repeated canard about all those budget surpluses that that budget hawk Clinton left us with) as it's like grabbin' hold of a tar baby. But on this thread you kept telling us how factual you are and all, so I just couldn't resist. I know. I'm weak.

    But I'll let you off the hook on your latest mis-speak and play along...

    Did Bush use connections to get an ANG slot? Yes. Do you know what his motivations for joining the ANG instead of the Coast Guard, Army, Marines, etc? No. Was his training and accumulation of flight hours in service to his country dangerous? Yes. Was it more dangerous than flying in Viet Nam? No. Is there debate on whether he missed a physical or was supposed to be somewhere he was not towards the end of his committment? Yes. Is there debate that he received an honorable discharge. No.

    Did Clinton use connections and lie through his teeth to avoid any service? Yes. Was his anti-war protesting in England dangerous or a service to his country? No. Does it take a special brand of moon-battitude to equate Bush's service with Clinton's non-service and "loathing" of the US military? Most assuredly.

    Happy now?
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

  7. #47
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Hmmm...how did our conversation turn? As I recall, we were discussing whether your "facts" about Clinton were make-believe. As it turns out, they were (SURPRISE!!!). Again, I often don't bother to intrude upon your fantasies (eg...your ad nasuem, oft-repeated canard about all those budget surpluses that that budget hawk Clinton left us with) as it's like grabbin' hold of a tar baby. But on this thread you kept telling us how factual you are and all, so I just couldn't resist. I know. I'm weak.

    But I'll let you off the hook on your latest mis-speak and play along...

    Did Bush use connections to get an ANG slot? Yes. Do you know what his motivations for joining the ANG instead of the Coast Guard, Army, Marines, etc? No. Was his training and accumulation of flight hours in service to his country dangerous? Yes. Was it more dangerous than flying in Viet Nam? No. Is there debate on whether he missed a physical or was supposed to be somewhere he was not towards the end of his committment? Yes. Is there debate that he received an honorable discharge. No.

    Did Clinton use connections and lie through his teeth to avoid any service? Yes. Was his anti-war protesting in England dangerous or a service to his country? No. Does it take a special brand of moon-battitude to equate Bush's service with Clinton's non-service and "loathing" of the US military? Most assuredly.

    Happy now?
    Thank you. Now that wasn't that hard, was it?
    He wasn't the Messiah....just a rich kid from Connecticut who became president. Likewise, Clinton was a poor kid from Arkansas who did the same.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  8. #48
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,138

    Default

    Oh, give me a friggin' break. "Poor kid from Arkansas" He's not so poor now with all the money he and his wife have "earned" since his term in office not to mention other "perks" at taxpayers expense.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  9. #49
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    "Likewise, Clinton was a poor kid from Arkansas who did the same."

    Check your facts. Then check what I said. I have NOTHING against someone making it big and rich. Especially if they didn't start out that way.

    cheers,
    dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  10. #50
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    "Likewise, Clinton was a poor kid from Arkansas who did the same."

    Check your facts. Then check what I said. I have NOTHING against someone making it big and rich. Especially if they didn't start out that way.

    cheers,
    dave
    I believe I was referring to how they made it rich.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •