The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 59

Thread: American troops had bin Laden 'within our grasp'

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    It's a sign of the Apocalypse....Roger is quoting Fox News.....

    Clinton could've killed OBL years before this alleged "opportunity" Roger...WHY aren't you as upset about that?

    Thin as cellophane regards,

    kg
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    why are you so ready to accept this report when there were plenty of reports that highlighted that there were WMDs in Iraq yet you want to dismiss them?

    Roger....In case you missed these...

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    Are you really this slow, or are you just fooling around? I will spell it out for you. POLITICAL BS, nobody can know for sure if OBL was in the mountains at that time. It is all speculation brought on by John Kerry, the war hero, to make people like you drink the koolaid. The number to poison control is 1-800-222-1222. Call now, before it is too late.
    Perhaps the best point on this thread.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Roger....In case you missed these...

    In case you missed the article read the whole thing again.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by subroc
    In case you missed it...

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25546334


    Israeli warplanes bombed a reactor project at the site in 1981. Later, U.N. inspectors documented and safeguarded the yellowcake, which had been stored in aging drums and containers since before the 1991 Gulf War. There was no evidence of any yellowcake dating from after 1991, the official said.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by subroc
    In case you missed it...

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25546334


    In case you missed it, that yellowcake was there the last time we invaded Iraq. We chose to leave it in place then with UN supervision because it did not represent a risk and there is no evidence suggesting that it ever did anything except sit there. It removal was never considered a very high priority and it was not part of any allegations on the existences of WMD's and a program of WMD development.

    Or this:

    The 9/11 Commission found that although "former Sudanese officials claim that Sudan offered to expel Bin Laden to the United States", "we have not found any reliable evidence to support the Sudanese claim." [12].

    Several sources dispute Ijaz's claim, including the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks on the United States (the 9-11 Commission) which concluded in part “Sudan's minister of defense, Fatih Erwa, has claimed that Sudan offered to hand Bin Ladin over to the United States. The Commission has found no credible evidence that this was so. Ambassador Carney had instructions only to push the Sudanese to expel Bin Ladin. Ambassador Carney had no legal basis to ask for more from the Sudanese since, at the time, there was no indictment out-standing.” [7]

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    And the clinton thing?

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    And the clinton thing?
    All of that happened when Clinton was in office, don't you read? Maybe you should go back to reading "My Pet Goat" Bush's favorite.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    No, no silly boy. This part:

    Clinton could've killed OBL years before this alleged "opportunity" Roger...WHY aren't you as upset about that?
    BTW, who can prove that Bin Laden was in the mountains when you say he was? Could it be speculation? Say it ain't so...

    Where is the, as your article says, 'credible evidence' he was there?

  7. #37
    Senior Member Steve Amrein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    St. Peters, MO
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    And just like that great show from our youth Marlin (the politicians) is safely in the copter, while Jim Fowler is clinging to the grill of the Rover with a rope. Going 60mph through the underbrush being driven by the “Friendly” native peoples.

    .
    I was thinking about Jim wrestling the giant anaconda while marlin is pointing " Get him Jim"
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    No, no silly boy. This part:


    Quote:
    Clinton could've killed OBL years before this alleged "opportunity" Roger...WHY aren't you as upset about that?


    Well lets check in with fact check shall we?

    Q:
    Did Bill Clinton pass up a chance to kill Osama bin Laden?
    Was Bill Clinton offered bin Laden on "a silver platter"? Did he refuse? Was there cause at the time?
    A:
    Probably not, and it would not have mattered anyway as there was no evidence at the time that bin Laden had committed any crimes against American citizens.


    http://www.factcheck.org/askfactchec..._chance_1.html

  9. #39
    Senior Member Hew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Probably not, and it would not have mattered anyway as there was no evidence at the time that bin Laden had committed any crimes against American citizens.
    And therein lies the stupidity and naivete of treating/trying these animals like they are common criminals. It's almost like we (well, mainly folks like you) are still living in September 10, 2001.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

  10. #40
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Yeaaahhh.....Kill 'em all and let God sort them out!! (our God, that is, not theirs)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •