The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Our Dogs & Climate Change Controversy

Default Our Dogs & Climate Change Controversy

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/29/opinion/29holst.html

NY Times solicited comments on climate change from authors in various countries. This one is from a lady in Denmark.

Don't know where she got the info in this quote, but it doesn't make me warm & fuzzy:

I did, though, (mis)appropriate the climate angle in the course of a discussion about pets. “A medium-sized dog pollutes as much as a 4.6-liter Toyota Land Cruiser clocking more than 6,000 miles a year!” I tell him, reading out of the newspaper.
    I find it hard to believe that one of our retrievers causes as much pollution as a Land Cruiser!

Can you imagine having to buy carbon credits for each of your dogs? Wonder how much for cats? Is that why someone has proposed that you get a credit for your pet expenses on your FIT?

Can you imagine if the PETA folks get hold of this?!
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/29/opinion/29holst.html

NY Times solicited comments on climate change from authors in various countries. This one is from a lady in Denmark.

Don't know where she got the info in this quote, but it doesn't make me warm & fuzzy:

I find it hard to believe that one of our retrievers causes as much pollution as a Land Cruiser!

Can you imagine having to buy carbon credits for each of your dogs? Wonder how much for cats? Is that why someone has proposed that you get a credit for your pet expenses on your FIT?

Can you imagine if the PETA folks get hold of this?!
    I wonder how much pollution a "medium sized" PETA member spews??

Maybe they need corporate carbon credits from Al??
    Stan b & Elvis

If you add in all of the solid waste and liquid waste, it may be true. It is no where close to true if you look at CO2 only. That solid waste will also decompose, but it would have still been in the cycle of life anyways, so it is a zero sum game. The book, "How to Lie with Statistics" is a good one on how to decipher all the crap coming from the extremists trying to get more of our tax dollars.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.