The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 81

Thread: o-bow-ma

  1. #31
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leddyman View Post
    I was trying to decide whether to post that here. You beat me to it.

    The Holy Koran indeed.
    Is your point that it is inappropriate for Obama to be respectful of the second most popular religion in the world (almost one-fourth of the world's population)? Or are you trying to revive the repeatedly debunked fantasy that Obama is a Muslim?

    I believe that the Muslim religion deserves the same respect of any of the world's major religions. Countries that are incapable of respecting the beliefs of others deserve to stand alone and fail. Hopefully cultural bigots will never be in a position to shape the policies of our country in such a narrow minded fashion.

  2. #32
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Is your point that it is inappropriate for Obama to be respectful of the second most popular religion in the world (almost one-fourth of the world's population)? Or are you trying to revive the repeatedly debunked fantasy that Obama is a Muslim?

    I believe that the Muslim religion deserves the same respect of any of the world's major religions. Countries that are incapable of respecting the beliefs of others deserve to stand alone and fail. Hopefully cultural bigots will never be in a position to shape the policies of our country in such a narrow minded fashion.

    Maybe the secular progressive liberals could show that same respect to America's Christians.....or not!!
    Stan b & Elvis

  3. #33
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Maybe the secular progressive liberals could show that same respect to America's Christians.....or not!!
    I do. In fact, I show more. While I do not share the beliefs of either Christians or Muslims, my morals definitely reflect Judeo-Christian values. Of course, that is also the foundation for Muslim values as was explicitly stated by Muhammad.

  4. #34
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I do. In fact, I show more. While I do not share the beliefs of either Christians or Muslims, my morals definitely reflect Judeo-Christian values. Of course, that is also the foundation for Muslim values as was explicitly stated by Muhammad.
    Would you agree that by and large secular progressives are assaulting Christian Judeo values?

    And show more respect for Islam than Christian Judeo values?

    I beleive I see this on a daily basis.

    stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

  5. #35
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Maybe the secular progressive liberals could show that same respect to America's Christians.....or not!!
    Why do you think all non-conservatives are God-hating anti-Americans? Yes , there are some freaks that get lots of press, but labeling all liberals and independents that way is like saying all Christian conservatives are gay and promiscuous, because of Rev. Haggard and Larry Craig! It also alienates the liberals who sit in Church on the Sabbath or worship their God however they choose.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  6. #36
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Would you agree that by and large secular progressives are assaulting Christian Judeo values?

    And show more respect for Islam than Christian Judeo values?

    I beleive I see this on a daily basis.

    stan b
    No, I wouldn't However, they do largely reject evangelical notions of Christian values, as do I. I pretty much lose my tolerance at the point when any religion begins to assert its exclusive superiority and to insist that governments legislate in accordance with its religious views. I've never believed that tolerance includes tolerating intolerance -- whether the intolerance is based on religion, cultural origins, gender, sexual orientation, etc.

  7. #37
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    No, I wouldn't However, they do largely reject evangelical notions of Christian values, as do I. I pretty much lose my tolerance at the point when any religion begins to assert its exclusive superiority and to insist that governments legislate in accordance with its religious views. I've never believed that tolerance includes tolerating intolerance -- whether the intolerance is based on religion, cultural origins, gender, sexual orientation, etc.
    But you tolerate the intolerances of secular progressives, the ACLU and Islam.

    Interesting.
    Stan b & Elvis

  8. #38
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Why do you think all non-conservatives are God-hating anti-Americans? Yes , there are some freaks that get lots of press, but labeling all liberals and independents that way is like saying all Christian conservatives are gay and promiscuous, because of Rev. Haggard and Larry Craig! It also alienates the liberals who sit in Church on the Sabbath or worship their God however they choose.
    Never said that, I said "SECULAR PROGRESSIVES!!"
    Stan b & Elvis

  9. #39
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    But you tolerate the intolerances of secular progressives, the ACLU and Islam.

    Interesting.
    Do you have some examples? I have no more tolerance of the intolerances of so-called Muslims than I do the intolerances of so called Christians. I believe that intolerance violates some of the basic principles of both religions. I have not had a lot of contact with the ACLU since I served on the board of directors of the Mercer County NJ chapter during the 1960's. However, in my experience they are one of the most tolerant of organizations since they believe that rights such as those afforded by the first amendment are meaningless unless they are provided equally to the most hated among us. Of course, an issue for most of us on this Forum regarding the ACLU is that they do not view the 2nd amendment as an individual right but as a collective one. That is not, however, an issue related to tolerance.

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    heard today that a school...somewhere in the south forget which state but i believe florida...is banning christmas songs that have anything to do with religion...even instrumentals, from the school winter concert. Stating its unconstitutional even though that goes against all case law regarding the issue at this level of court. The constitution is pretty clear that government is supposed to be neutral in religious matters not purge it all opportunities.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •