The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: o-bow-ma

I'm just glad he didnt get on his knees
    p

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    heard today that a school...somewhere in the south forget which state but i believe florida...is banning christmas songs that have anything to do with religion...even instrumentals, from the school winter concert. Stating its unconstitutional even though that goes against all case law regarding the issue at this level of court. The constitution is pretty clear that government is supposed to be neutral in religious matters not purge it all opportunities.
    Where did you hear from?
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Never said that, I said "SECULAR PROGRESSIVES!!"
    You're right. You did say that, and I generalized, which I should not have done, at least in reference to you. I do believe that there are many who do apply that projection on a much wider basis however, as the "War on Christmas" heats up on Fox News each year.

I also think that "secular" is used inappropriately, almost synonomous with athiest, which is not true. Its the old "you're exactly like me, or I"ll demonize you" attitude. I happen to strongly believe in God, and do not need old men in ornate robes to serve as a middleman. I'm sort of a "direct to consumer" believer when it comes to religion. If I hit a patch of black ice, I pucker up, and fight like hell to get things under control, unlike some religious freaks who throw their hand up and sing, "Jesus take the wheel". Doesn't work that way. Nor does "Jesus pay bills", or "Jesus, give me the answers to this exam, since I was out partying until half an hour ago!" Nor does "Jesus, help him line that blind" work after a winter of lax training. I guess that makes me a secular progressive??
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Its the old "you're exactly like me, or I"ll demonize you" attitude.

religious freaks

Interesting.

You're right. You did say that, and I generalized, which I should not have done, at least in reference to you. I do believe that there are many who do apply that projection on a much wider basis however, as the "War on Christmas" heats up on Fox News each year.

I also think that "secular" is used inappropriately, almost synonomous with athiest, which is not true. Its the old "you're exactly like me, or I"ll demonize you" attitude. I happen to strongly believe in God, and do not need old men in ornate robes to serve as a middleman. I'm sort of a "direct to consumer" believer when it comes to religion. If I hit a patch of black ice, I pucker up, and fight like hell to get things under control, unlike some religious freaks who throw their hand up and sing, "Jesus take the wheel". Doesn't work that way. Nor does "Jesus pay bills", or "Jesus, give me the answers to this exam, since I was out partying until half an hour ago!" Nor does "Jesus, help him line that blind" work after a winter of lax training. I guess that makes me a secular progressive??

There are secular progressives and they have influence in your party.

If the shoe fits regards...........
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    There are secular progressives and they have influence in your party.

If the shoe fits regards...........
    I don't deny that. The democrats (not MY party, BTW) have Christians, Muslims, Jews, athiests, deists, secularists...you name it. They're not as fast as republicans to cast out anyone who differs from the ruling party line. So yes, there are influential secular progressives in the democratic party....just as there are intolerant, Christian fanatics who think God killed those in the WTC or New Orleans out of some perverted sense of punishment! Both parties have their share of nut-cases.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Now correct me if I'm wrong but that sounds to me like make it up as you go along. No need to be bothered with those silly people who have dedicated their lives and fortunes to the service of God. No need to continue to assemble yourself together with other believers. You site ridiculous examples of religious zealotry (along with some stupid a** country song) as your reason for rejecting any religion other than the one that pleases you personally.

What do you consider to be authoritative truth? Where do you get your morality?
    If you believe in God do you recognize Him as creator of everything including you and as such does He have a right to tell you how you should live your life?

You say you believe in God, I'd just like some clarification of which one.

I BTW believe in the one you find in the Christian Bible.
    Terry Moseley
    Bad Motor Scooter SH

He that tooteth not his own horn...The same shall not be tooted.

There could be 5 or 6 ninjas in this room right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Leddyman View Post
    Now correct me if I'm wrong but that sounds to me like make it up as you go along. No need to be bothered with those silly people who have dedicated their lives and fortunes to the service of God. No need to continue to assemble yourself together with other believers. You site ridiculous examples of religious zealotry (along with some stupid a** country song) as your reason for rejecting any religion other than the one that pleases you personally.

What do you consider to be authoritative truth? Where do you get your morality?
    If you believe in God do you recognize Him as creator of everything including you and as such does He have a right to tell you how you should live your life?

You say you believe in God, I'd just like some clarification of which one.

I BTW believe in the one you find in the Christian Bible.
    With all due respect, I do NOT owe you, or anyone else an explanation or clarification of how I worship God. I will promise you this: My way of paying homage to the Creator will not result in Crusades, airplanes being flown into skyscrapers, doctors getting shot in the head in a place of worship, little boys being molested, compounds being raided by federal agents or any other calamity. No sir. Just a little heart to heart talk between me and my Creator. Sorry, I'm not evangelical, so I don't feel the need to have you, or anyone else evesdropping on my beliefsor accept or practice them. Oh, and if you think I have some obligation to explain myself to you or anyone else, or that I must use men in purple robes or expensive business suits in order to effectively worship, may I recommend a little document for you to read: The Constitution of the United States of America. Don't forget the little appendix commonly known as the Bill of Rights. It says I can worship however I want. Your approval notwithstanding!

Peace be with you,
    dave

you know what they say about luke warm Christians don't you dnf?? (sarcasm in case its missed)