RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

whistle lanyard needed

3K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  mcnaugt 
#1 ·
Hey guys i am needing a new whistle lanyard what is the best one and where to purchase thanks.

#3 ·
I've had mine for 7 years, and they get used all year long for training and hunting. This lanyard has never had an issue.

#5 · (Edited)
I've seen them for as little as $5

It all depends on how elaborate (fancy) you want to be.

If you want a simple whistle lanyard, you can:
1. make one out of anything
2. find them at the dollar store in the sporting goods department

The ones that hold duck calls might be a little harder to find, but pretty much any store that carries duck calls will also have lanyards. Even on Ebay and of course all the major stores with hunting gear and dog training supplies (Cabela's, BassPro, etc.)

I went with one that holds both a whistle and a duck call because I use my duck call when training with retriever club.

#11 ·
#12 ·
Oak Creek Kennel is the best, well worth the money. While you are there, check out the leads also, again well made and worth the money. These landyards and leads are made near me in Salem OR. You can order any color. Give them a call you will not be disappointed.

#16 ·
Mine is Oak Creek, which is a fine quality lanyard. Some perfer shoe laces, they are a bit cheaper. Nice thing about mine, only cost me a $5.00 book of raffle tickets, and I won other items besides. Can't beet a deal like that. One of those events where "luck" counts more then skill. :p
Bud

PS: That was my lucky year. That same winter I won 3 shotguns at different banquets. But nothing before or since then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.