The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How many will be watching...

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

We backed the wrong side in the war between the USSR and the mudjahideen.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    It's ALWAYS good to let your enemies know your plan...'cause, we know they'll do EXACTLY what we expect them to do with that information...

Look for al Qaeda and the Taliban to slack off their attacks (or move their focus elsewhere), lull the US and NATO into thinking the Afghani battle is won (time is of no consequence to a motivated combatant), and take the gloves off as soon as the last US transport lifts off in 18 mos...............

Yessir....this is how it's done....looking forward to that victory toast in the late summer of '11. The success of this "mission" and its timing will go a LOOONG way toward ensuring a second term for BHO....

...or not....

kg
    Keith,

Given a system of government where we demand to know what is being done in our names and all participants have the right to speak freely, what makes you think that we have kept any part of our war strategy secret from al Qaeda and the Taliban at any time in the last eight years? The fact is that we formulate our policies in public and reap all the benefits and costs which that entails. If our policy encourages the Taliban to lie low for the next two years, we win.

When else have we told our enemy the exact point in time at which we are going to quit?

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff…..come on now. EVERYTHING the Bush administration did was a secrete and Roger is uncovering it bit by bit, so of course our strategy was a secrete.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Keith,

Given a system of government where we demand to know what is being done in our names and all participants have the right to speak freely, what makes you think that we have kept any part of our war strategy secret from al Qaeda and the Taliban at any time in the last eight years? The fact is that we formulate our policies in public and reap all the benefits and costs which that entails. If our policy encourages the Taliban to lie low for the next two years, we win.
    WHAT!!! 2 years is meaningless to a people that have been in conflict for years!!! Please tell me that you are not serious.

fp
    www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com
    FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH "Roux"
    Bayou Magic's Road to Hurricane "Roadie" (Knucklehead Puppy)
    Bayou Magic's Tough as a Boot "Boot" (Knucklehead Puppy)

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -- George Herman Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    When else have we told our enemy the exact point in time at which we are going to quit?
    Actually Bush announced a timetable for beginning to withdraw troops from Iraq in the middle of the Presidential campaign last year. This became a core part of the negotiation with the Iraqi government concerning the role of foreign troops and the beginning of plans to transfer responsibilities back to Iraqi forces. That directly parallels what Obama is doing now and hopefully it will have similarly beneficial results. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Actually Bush announced a timetable for beginning to withdraw troops from Iraq in the middle of the Presidential campaign last year. This became a core part of the negotiation with the Iraqi government concerning the role of foreign troops and the beginning of plans to transfer responsibilities back to Iraqi forces. That directly parallels what Obama is doing now and hopefully it will have similarly beneficial results. We'll see.
    I saw you make this point in an earlier post and held my tongue. But if you're going to keep hammering it...

Bush began talking about a timetable last summer; and only because he was backed into a corner by al Maliki (who could, like the rest of the world sense that Obama was a foregone conclusion and he wanted to get an earlier start getting on Obama's good side). It was well after the benefits of the surge were already being reaped so therefore the announcement of any form of withdrawal timetable by Bush had no impact on pacifying the country because it was already pacified. Quite a different context than Obama announcing timetables at the HEIGHT of a war.

I'm happy that Obama did the right thing. I support his decision completely. He also said a lot of the right things, too. Announcing a timetable for withdrawal in the same breath as the surge was not a shining moment of intelligence or clarity, however. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as I'd much rather have his correct actions combined with rhetorical jibberish than to see soaring rhetoric combined with stupid/dangerous policies.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    We backed the wrong side in the war between the USSR and the mudjahideen.
    Bob, you surprise the crap out of me once in awhile and say something that I agree with.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    What a disgrace for the noble history of West Point, the finest colleg on the face of the earth!!
    Great college and great tradition and history. However, I never put anyone on a pedestal based on where they went to school. I once took a summer calculus class with a West Point student. I felt sorry for him, he never had a clue. He didn't belong in an engineering curriculum. I have had the same experience with others who have graduated from great institutions. And then again, I've had the opposite experience too...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Great college and great tradition and history. However, I never put anyone on a pedestal based on where they went to school. I once took a summer calculus class with a West Point student. I felt sorry for him, he never had a clue. He didn't belong in an engineering curriculum. I have had the same experience with others who have graduated from great institutions. And then again, I've had the opposite experience too...
    Really, but you would put Palin down for where she went to school.

And don't liberals see total wisdom in Harvard, Yale or Princeton?
    I mean, isn't that part of the infatuation with President Obama??
    Stan b & Elvis