The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: obama and the enemy camp

Default obama and the enemy camp

Chris Matthews former speechwriter for President Carter called West Point, The Enemy Camp.

Do all liberals view West Point as The Enemy Camp?

Do you believe obama views West Point as The Enemy Camp?

Does the left actually think along the lines of the young men and woman of the United States of America training for military service at West Point as well as other military academies as the enemy?

subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

They have no clue the price paid for the elitism, er, I mean freedoms they take for granted!!
    Stan b & Elvis

As a liberal, I can wholeheartedly say that I have been to West Point many times. I have worked with and gone to school with many West Point graduates (including many being trained to return to the Academy as professors). I do not view West Point as the "enemy" in any way. The Academy is filled with young men and women who have committed themselves to be professional guardians of our freedoms. I applaud their commitment.

I took it to mean that West Point is not thought of as a place friendly to Democrats, but a place more friendly to the likes of G. W. Bush and Cheney. In fact I he referenced it as a place where the Bush Doctrine was announced, as-well-as some of Cheney's speeches there.

I imagine that tie RWM took that one and really ran with it.

FWIW, I think that Matthews is a dufus, to put it lightly.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I took it to mean that West Point is not thought of as a place friendly to Democrats...

Why?

Why wouldn’t it be “friendly to democrats”?

What is the problem with democrats and the military academies?

Do you democrats dislike the military?

I don’t understand why you believe that it is a forgone conclusion that the military will not be “friendly to democrats?”

Do you as a democrat not respect the military?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I took it to mean that West Point is not thought of as a place friendly to Democrats, but a place more friendly to the likes of G. W. Bush and Cheney. In fact I he referenced it as a place where the Bush Doctrine was announced, as-well-as some of Cheney's speeches there.

I imagine that tie RWM took that one and really ran with it.

FWIW, I think that Matthews is a dufus, to put it lightly.
    That's called "SPIN" Buzz, nice effort.
    We are adults and can comprehend what we heard.
    It is very clear what that KLOWN meant.

Can I get a witness?

Or did we need Buzz to "SPIN" it for us??

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

Chris Mathews is an idiot and if this administration has any nutz at all they will distance themselves from such an idiotic statement..its comments like Mathews that fuel the wedge that divides this country..the military has always been A - political, kind of a neutral ground there to serve the country and the POTUS regardless of political beliefs...West Point,Annapolis, VMI, Texas A&M are not the enemy camp, they house and educate the future military leaders that keep us safe and afford us the freedoms that we enjoy..

Beside the BHO admin chose the site not vice versa
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Yep Bon, Obamo needed another photo-op to show his peeps just how strong he is on the national defence.
    I am sure he has the same feelings that the "Cigar Smoker" has; as in "Lothing the Military".
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Why?

Why wouldn’t it be “friendly to democrats”?

This is just Matthews' perception. It doesn't make it true. But I don't imagine he's the only one that thinks it... "Some people say" that Republicans are friends of the military while Democrats are not.

All I can say is I know of plenty of Democrats, some from my own family who have served, voluntarily. When they guys from the VFW came to honor my brother at his funeral, they didn't ask for his party registration first. So it burns my a$$ that this is the conventional wisdom.
    Last edited by Buzz; 12-02-2009 at 04:38 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

This is just Matthews' perception. It doesn't make it true. But I don't imagine he's the only one that thinks it... "Some people say" that Republicans are friends of the military while Democrats are not.

All I can say is I know of plenty of Democrats, some from my own family who have served, voluntarily. When they guys from the VFW came to honor my brother at his funeral, they didn't ask for his party registration first. So it burns my a$$ that this is the conventional wisdom.
    It ought to.
    Much more should as well.

Maybe it's because the Clintons, Pelosi's, "Call me Senator" Boxer, Ayers, Emanuel and so many others have professed their disdain for the Military!!

Maybe the far left are in enemy terrotory when in the presence of our nations defenders!

It is possible that the "State Run Media" picks that up from the people they rub elbows with.
    So they parrot the feelings.

Or maybe we are just imagining things!!??!!??

Never the less, Matthews said what he said and at the very least it was a Freudian slip!!

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis