The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: obama and the enemy camp

Very few politicians are true friends of the military and that includes both sides of the isle.

The perception comes from Bleeding Heart and Weak Spinned Liberals who are always Democrat. These individuals see the path to peace through appeasement whereas most true Republicans would rather kick thier enemies in the head and gain peace through deterence.

Pease through strength for this Independent!
    Last edited by Franco; 12-02-2009 at 04:11 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    They have no clue the price paid for the elitism, er, I mean freedoms they take for granted!!
    Except for the ones who died, or lost fathers, brothers, and sons who have made sacrafices for their country. Last time I checked, the recruiting stations did not turn away or even ask if someone is republican, democrat, liberal or conservative.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Because one talking head shoots off his mouth doesn't mean everyone who thinks differently than you do is guilty of the same offense. NO WONDER THE COUNTRY IS IN SUCH A ROTTEN MESS.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Because one talking head shoots off his mouth doesn't mean everyone who thinks differently than you do is guilty of the same offense. NO WONDER THE COUNTRY IS IN SUCH A ROTTEN MESS.
    Really, should I dig up your criticism of talking heads that think differently from you?
    (OK, my bad, I can't find any from you, but plenty bashing Limbaugh, beck and Hannity from the leftys on this site, MY APOLOGIES!)

Matthews said what he said.
    And the fact that people think like that is why the country is in such a rotten mess.

Matthews comment speaks volumes.

I like the dance though.......
    Last edited by road kill; 12-02-2009 at 05:11 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Except for the ones who died, or lost fathers, brothers, and sons who have made sacrafices for their country. Last time I checked, the recruiting stations did not turn away or even ask if someone is republican, democrat, liberal or conservative.
    I am talking about Matthews and his like, I am certain Matthews has no clue what we are talking about.
    If he had served, or was close to someone who had, he would not couch West Point as the enemy!!
    Stan b & Elvis

This one "talking head" was a speechwriter for a president.

Is he representative of mainstream left wing thought? Is the "enemy" comment mainstream left wing thought? Is there some truth in that? Is the "big tent" that constitutes the democrat party populated by a majority of those that have disdain for the military and their academies or is it really a small segment of the party and Matthews a speechwriter for a president is in the minority?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Although I don't think much of Chris Matthews and I certainly don't like the terminology, I think he was simply stating the truth which is that most of us that are career military are politically conservative and that most politicians on the left are probably uncomfortable in the presence of lots of career military folks.
    Just as Michael Steele might feel like he was surrounded by the enemy if he were to attend an NAACP convention. Obviously not because they are black but because he would be aware that almost nobody else in attendence would share his political views.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    This one "talking head" was a speechwriter for a president.

Is he representative of mainstream left wing thought? Is the "enemy" comment mainstream left wing thought? Is there some truth in that? Is the "big tent" that constitutes the democrat party populated by a majority of those that have disdain for the military and their academies or is it really a small segment of the party and Matthews a speechwriter for a president is in the minority?
    Mathews a mouthpiece for the mainstream left wing thought? I hardly think so. As a democrat, the democrats I know don't see the military as the enemy. I think the anti- military bunch are a small minority. Presidential speechwriters tend to be over vocal folks that shoot off their mouths -- Pat Buchanan for instance.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

I am surprised he made an apology. He almost sounded as sincere as when he made the comment. He should of just said I am sorry I said it out load.

The problem is the fringe is speaking for either side. The politico's dont have the backbone to stand up to these idiots.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Considering that PMSNBC and its affiliates are in Osama's pocket, I think we can take matthews comments as the gospel of the left. He would never have said this without the imprimatur of osama or his flunkies.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!