The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T I T

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    If the package is ever completed as planned, it may find its greatest commercial applications among those of us who like to visit the great outdoors and avoid the signs of man. Maybe we'll see it advertised in the RTF Classifieds.
    I doubt that...the package you suggest is already available and most of us already own one. Additionally, if you wanted to avoid the signs of man....those would be the last trails you would follow....the trash is waist deep, you don't even need a GPS to follow them.

I was listening to a program last week with Cardenas as a guest. I was in and out of the truck so I did not hear all the comments. My understanding is that he wanted to provide the download for free to illegals in the border region of Mexico.

Regardless of your position on 'Illegal Immigration', a defensible opposition may be taken. There simply is no 'Black & White' in the issue of 'illegals' already present in the US, it is a very difficult, complicated issue and that is before politicians become involved. Inject political maneuvering and it becomes a real 'hairball'. High concentration areas of illegals have high crime rates and social services are burdened to limits (tip of the iceberg problems). The Feds attempt to shift the burden to the border states without recompense...the list just goes on.

Border security should be priority #1 in this issue, however, IMO the D's see it as an advantage to gain Hispanic voters and the R's have not the intestinal fortitude to attempt to stop it for much the same reason. Cardenas and his T I T program simply don't care that they are nothing more than a canker that will continue to drain our society.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. That exact same argument is being used by those who would hold gun manufacturers responsible for crimes committed with their product. Silly, yes, but obviously made headway in the courts.
    The firearm manufacturers produce a product that can be used to to enforce a Constitutionally guaranteed right.
    Can you please direct me to the clause/amendment that covers guaranteed illegal entry to the US?
    Also, the precedent that certain types of ammunition/fireams can not be sold to the general public established that certain applications of otherwise legal devices can be regulated, such as teflon coated/tungsten cored bullets .

Again, it's the stated intention that this application is designed to help immigrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border illegally, thus thwarting immigration laws and enforcement bodies by identifying their GPS locations.
    If I develop software/devices designed to get around ATM security and fraudulently enter accounts to obtain financial/informational gain, particularly on a mass scale w/o governmental authority/license, I could be prosecuted/imprisoned under numerous bank & computer security acts for intent, not just use, because it's such a threat.

Electronic countermeasures to allow or facilitate illegal entry to US territory are a threat to our national security, be it an airplane, ship, vehicle or person. Those that collaborate in order to expedite that are committing conspiracy. The fact that it was developed at UCSD, most likely using Federal and State monies is the icing on the cake for me. Cloaking it as "humanitarian", "civil disobedience" or "disagreement with immigration policies" and trying to establish that we as "Americans also have the responsibility to make sure they (ILLEGAL entrants) do not perish along the way." is yet another indication to me that this country has lost it's mind.
    Last edited by BrianW; 12-08-2009 at 08:37 AM.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    The firearm manufacturers produce a product that can be used to to enforce a Constitutionally guaranteed right.
    Can you please direct me to the clause/amendment that covers guaranteed illegal entry to the US?
    Also, the precedent that certain types of ammunition/fireams can not be sold to the general public established that certain applications of otherwise legal devices can be regulated, such as teflon coated/tungsten cored bullets .

Again, it's the stated intention that this application is designed to help immigrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border illegally, thus thwarting immigration laws and enforcement bodies by identifying their GPS locations.
    If I develop software/devices designed to get around ATM security and fraudulently enter accounts to obtain financial/informational gain, particularly on a mass scale w/o governmental authority/license, I could be prosecuted/imprisoned under numerous bank & computer security acts for intent, not just use, because it's such a threat.

Electronic countermeasures to allow or facilitate illegal entry to US territory are a threat to our national security, be it an airplane, ship, vehicle or person. Those that collaborate in order to expedite that are committing conspiracy. The fact that it was developed at UCSD, most likely using Federal and State monies is the icing on the cake for me. Cloaking it as "humanitarian", "civil disobedience" or "disagreement with immigration policies" and trying to establish that we as "Americans also have the responsibility to make sure they (ILLEGAL entrants) do not perish along the way." is yet another indication to me that this country has lost it's mind.
    I don't think my comments in anyway disagree with your thoughts. Just sayin' people will try to twist it that way.

Personally, I think that if someone was genuinely concerned about the welfare of illegals crossing into this country, the best approach would be to encourage them to obey the law, and NOT ENTER ILLEGALLY!

Seems like nobody in a postition to make a diffence agrees though.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!