The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I Like This Guy!!!

I suspect that most Americans wouldn't consider the military career of this Bronze Star-awarded man "blemished" after learning more about it. Here's a primer: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/27/po...rtner=USERLAND

He made a respectable showing in '08 (45%) despite being a newcomer running in a Democrat-leaning, lily-white district against an incumbent opponent who had 8x more money. Given how close the race might be in '10, and given that he's a fiery conservative black man who isn't a race pimp (thus negating his protected status within the media), look for the left to savage him (JDog already received his fax, apparently). I imagine a lot of outside money from both sides will pour into this campaign.

BTW, thx for posting that video, RK. I'd never seen it before and only vaguely knew about West before watching it. Before the usual suspect(s) on Potus Place gets the vapors about all the bayonet talk...he was speaking metaphorically.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

I'll not say whether what he did was right or wrong. Don't know because I wasn't there. However, in the heat of battle, people sometimes do things that in calmer times they wouldn't do. It's very hard to find fault when what they did is so inconsequential as this and what was done was done for the right motives.

Lately many lawyers in the military are acting a lot like auditors....they enter the fray once the war is over and shoot the wounded. Sounds like the prosecutor was a pompous twit and tried to make a name for herself by sacrificing Lt Col West on the alter of political correctness.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    I suspect that most Americans wouldn't consider the military career of this Bronze Star-awarded man "blemished" after learning more about it. Here's a primer: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/27/po...rtner=USERLAND

He made a respectable showing in '08 (45%) despite being a newcomer running in a Democrat-leaning, lily-white district against an incumbent opponent who had 8x more money. Given how close the race might be in '10, and given that he's a fiery conservative black man who isn't a race pimp (thus negating his protected status within the media), look for the left to savage him (JDog already received his fax, apparently). I imagine a lot of outside money from both sides will pour into this campaign.

BTW, thx for posting that video, RK. I'd never seen it before and only vaguely knew about West before watching it. Before the usual suspect(s) on Potus Place gets the vapors about all the bayonet talk...he was speaking metaphorically.
    Yeah, Hew. I really savaged him. Gimme a break. His record is there for all who care to look. Was he a good, even exemplary, military officer? By all accounts, yes. Did he, under pressure make a bad decision? Quite possibly.
    We are supposed to hold the 'higher ground', are we not? His assualt on a Iraqi civilian police officer was viewed by his peers as questionable, but he was given a break, and allowed to retire.
    Would he make a good and refreshing congressman? Most likely. However, making the same speech over and over again does negate his lack of use of a teleprompter.
    Does he have any other message other than he'd like to live in Palm Beach?
    November will tell, eh?

JD

BTW I don't have a fax. Most of my communication with the leftist underground is done in the front seat of my Volvo, (as Julie put it), tipping a blunt.
    Last edited by JDogger; 12-10-2009 at 09:22 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

He's the real deal. He reminds me of my football coach, love the intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by weberpal78 View Post
    He's the real deal. He reminds me of my football coach, love the intensity.
    Unfortunately, all to many here view 21st century American politics as a football game. Us vs. them. A trually short-sighted view. No matter how eloquent and compelling his speechs, if he did make his way up, would you want this man with his hand on the trigger?

JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 12-10-2009 at 10:49 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

We are supposed to hold the 'higher ground', are we not? His assualt on a Iraqi civilian police officer was viewed by his peers as questionable, but he was given a break, and allowed to retire
    Definately make this guy a general,,,was it only one assault. I'm guessin the genttileman wearing the diaper on his head had it common.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Definately make this guy a general,,,was it only one assault. I'm guessin the genttileman wearing the diaper on his head had it common.

Pete
    Well, he's retired now Pete. Promotion is not a consideration. He's running for election as a congressman from Florida's 22nd district. I rather imagine they'll make up their own minds, Don't you?
    If we treat every 'diaper-head wearin' Iraqi as the enemy, where does victory come into the equation?
    I know, I know...nuke 'em all. You got anything else?

Peckerhead regards,

JD

Whoaaa - very radical.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    BTW I don't have a fax. Most of my communication with the leftist underground is done in the front seat of my Volvo, (as Julie put it), tipping a blunt.
    Leftist underground? Hell, they're running the country; not hiding.

Julie is wrong, though. Blunts are way too proletariat and gauche for you. You're definately a hookah man.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

as the report I read say he suffered no significant wound or injuries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Definately make this guy a general,,,was it only one assault. I'm guessin the genttileman wearing the diaper on his head had it common. Pete
    Back when we had generals that weren't constrained by being ordered to fight "politically correct" wars, someone like Patton would probably asked West what the @#ck took him so long to get the info instead of having him brought up on charges. In a real war, the "high road" is the one you take to outflank, surround and destroy your enemy before he destroys you. But it's plain that this hasn't been a real war for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    If we treat every 'diaper-head wearin' Iraqi as the enemy, where does victory come into the equation?
    In the case of LtCol West we're not talking about "every Iraqi", we're talking about a policeman, theoretically on "our" side that would not provide information about the terrorist's assassination plot, thus being complicit in the plot and in my view becoming a traitor & a terrorist himself, e.g the "enemy".
    In this particular case "victory" comes about by those on our side actually staying on our side and not aiding/abetting the enemy.
    Even PBO said yesterday in his Nobel speech that you can't reason with terrorists. So how do you achieve "victory" against someone you can't negotiate with? Only 1 way that I know of. The terrorists want to go to Allah, I say help on their way. Seems to me the "policeman" got off easy.as he suffered no significant wound or injuries.

BTW, the Islamic terrorists who hate our guts, want to kill us and destroy our country don't appreciate being called "towel" or "diaperheads" as what they wear on their heads is actually a small, folded sheet.
    SO, we should be calling them "Little Sheet Heads" and giving them the due respect they deserve!
    Last edited by BrianW; 12-11-2009 at 10:28 AM.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791