The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: Support Sarah Palin for President

  1. #21
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I haven't seen anything in her approach to things that gives me any confidence in her ability to govern. But if your a young buck full of testosterone, I can understand why you guys are so eager to vote your hormones.
    Isn't that what your side did in the last election??

    Warm tinglys up your leg regards!!
    Stan b & Elvis

  2. #22
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Halstead View Post
    The simple sage said it best as Forest Gump. "Stupid is as stupid does", mean while the uninteligent former Alaska Govenor is laughing all the way to the bank.
    You beat me to the Gump quote Richard. If that's what jingles your X-mas bells, so be it. Had a spammer offer her book the other day for $4.95 + S+H $11.95 = $16.90. Wotta deal? He probably bought 1k copies for $2.
    No wonder sales are up. Hope he makes a profit. I'll buy one for the cabin. One of these days one of the kids will pick it up and say, "WTF?"

    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  3. #23
    Senior Member Nor_Cal_Angler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Ca
    Posts
    661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I haven't seen anything in her approach to things that gives me any confidence in her ability to govern. But if your a young buck full of testosterone, I can understand why you guys are so eager to vote your hormones.
    I consider, Running out corupt members of her own party, selling the extravagant unnecessary items of the former govenor and returning the money to the taxpayer, and establishing contracts with big oil to turn over some of that money to her states people ACTIONS I can get behind, and an approach to governance that gives me confidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Sarah should have worn her bikini to wipe down the cars.
    TOO TRUE!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Hmmmmm....so a lack-luster fishing business in Alaska, and a car-wash that "went up in smoke"?

    You didn't forget any lemonade-stand enterprises did you?

    Gee, quit two elected positions early, and had a small business go up in smoke. And you want to let her run the country, by-golly?
    You only asked to be corrected!!!!!!!!!!

    Correction noted regards,

    NCA

  4. #24
    Senior Member Raymond Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles/Grand Chenier La
    Posts
    1,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    The Irrefutable Stupidity of Sarah Palin

    From time to time, I'll get into a debate with a right-winger about whether Sarah Palin is actually stupid or if liberals are just hopelessly biased against her. They claim this bias comes from the fact that liberals are scared of her electability, her charm, her looks, her femininity, her Christianity, her ability connect to the common man and her overall wonderfulness. So, the theory is that we have all collectively decided that she is the best Republican candidate in some secret liberal meeting and are conspiring against her because we are afraid of how brilliant and electable she really is.
    Now, there are a couple of problems with this theory. There are no opinion leaders on the left with Rush Limbaugh-like authority who can command all other progressives to think the same thing and use the same arguments against one person. In other words, we all think she is stupid because she is in fact stupid, not because some liberal cabal told us to think that.
    How come we don't call Newt Gingrich stupid? Or Dick Cheney or Kay Bailey Hutchinson or Elizabeth Dole or Dennis Hastert? And the list goes on and on of heinous and deplorable right-wingers who are not stupid. We don't make those charges against those people, because as much as we might not agree with them or like them, we know that they are not dullards. They're all clever in their own way. Mitt Romney is greasy, Michael Steele is a clown and Tom DeLay is dirty, but we don't go after their mental acuity like we do with Sarah Palin because they're not as dumb as her (not even Steele).
    So, finally we get to the evidence. I thought I'd just do it here and be done with it. Then I can just point people to this post from now on and end this senseless argument.
    Now, there are a million examples of this, but I thought I'd go with three knockout punches here. In the first video, we have the classic Bush Doctrine answer, where she does not know the basic foreign policy of the Republican president at the time. How could she possibly be running for vice president and not know this? The only thing more unconscionable is the sad excuses her supporters make for this terribly botched answer.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cenk-u..._b_382213.html
    Roger, your stupidity is irrefutable.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

  5. #25
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    I consider, Running out corupt members of her own party, selling the extravagant unnecessary items of the former govenor and returning the money to the taxpayer, and establishing contracts with big oil to turn over some of that money to her states people ACTIONS I can get behind, and an approach to governance that gives me confidence.
    If she had returned the money for the "Bridge to Nowhere" she might have been worthy of another look.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Someone correct me, but isn't her only non-political job a short tenure as a sports announcer and writer for a small town media?
    And the current POTUS's only non political job was, ummmm. Crap, I'm drawing a blank here...

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Bill O'Reilly: Let me be very bold and fresh again, do you believe that you are smart enough, incisive enough, intellectual enough to handle the most powerful job in the world?

    Sarah Palin: I believe that I am because I have common sense and I have I believe the values that I think are reflective of so many other American values, and I believe that what Americans are seeking is not the elitism, the uhm, the ah, a kind of spineless, spinelessness that perhaps is made up for that with some kind of elite, Ivy league education and, and a fat resume that is based on anything but hard work and private sector, free enterprise principles. Americans are could be seeking something like that in positive change in their leadership, I'm not saying that that has to be me.
    Can anyone really be biased enough to think that was a smart answer? The great irony is that he asked her if she's smart enough to be president and she gave what might be her dumbest answer yet. That answer was so bad it almost made George W. Bush look smart. Can anyone in good conscience defend that answer and say with a straight face that she should be this country's leader?
    If you say yes, then there is no sense in talking to one another anymore because we are not operating in the same reality, or planet. We'll never be able to agree on anything if we can't agree that was just about as incomprehensible and stupid an answer as you can possibly come up with. And that settles the debate, because you either live in the reality based world and realize she is obviously not qualified, or in the immortal words of Stephen Colbert you believe that "reality has a well-known liberal bias" and she would make a great president.

    Did you even listen to the interviews?
    I'll bite, Rog. What's wrong with what she said? To summarize:

    She:

    1. Possesses common sense (that's rare in DC) and values reflective of many Americans
    2. Believes Americans don't want elitists
    3. Says education isn't all it's cracked up to be
    4. Takes issue with those who don't believe in free enterprise principles (capitalism)
    5. Believes Americans want positive change, but admits it may not be her that must bring it

    Sounds good to me regards,

    BTW, she wasn't running for 'the most powerful job in the world'.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Steve Amrein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    St. Peters, MO
    Posts
    1,869

    Default

    Sadly both parties but it seems more so the left when trying to demonize someone they always say how stupid they are. "Potatoe" for example. A person makes a statement or 2 that is wrong and they are toast. I dont understand how Biden gets a pass. I would have thought BHO Mr 57 states, would have him muzzled by now. BTW the best and brightest (both sides) have gotten this country to the point it is currently and hows that workin out. I also dont think she is electable at least right now.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

  9. #29
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    And the current POTUS's only non political job was, ummmm. Crap, I'm drawing a blank here...
    Wow...this discussion is wholly about Sarah Palin. How you could confuse her with Mr. Obama is far far far beyond my comprehension!!
    Hint: She's a girl, he's a dude. She's white, he's black. She's republican, he's democrat. The list goes on...
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  10. #30
    Senior Member Nor_Cal_Angler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Ca
    Posts
    661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Wow...this discussion is wholly about Sarah Palin. How you could confuse her with Mr. Obama is far far far beyond my comprehension!!
    Hint: She's a girl, he's a dude. She's white, he's black. She's republican, he's democrat. The list goes on...
    But the compariosn is valid....

    If your holding to the idea that Sarah is an IDIOTm welllllllllll.....

    I'm Just Saying Regards,

    NCA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •